September 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry @TheMrWobbly !

@kgirlhart I'm sure that was really scary to get that call, especially so close to the anniversary of your dad's passing. I'm glad it wasn't worse.

@Teresa502 I am impressed that you exercised every day while on vacation! Welcome home.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo .
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Tramboman Probably a good decision to not run your race next weekend. It was a HM, right? I'm sort of glad that the AF marathon/HM organizers decided to go virtual a month ago because I would not feel comfortable traveling to OH right now...or anywhere for that matter. My 2 cents worth is that you should go for it next year.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    September 2 – 8.35
    September 5 – 5.02
    September 6 – 6.06
    September 8 – 5.10
    September 9 – 5.22
    September 11 – 11.02

What a difference cooler temps make. My goal was 9 miles this morning but it felt so wonderful outside that I ran 11 and then walked 1.86 for a cool down. I barely sweated! Last week my clothes were so soaked after a mile they were sticking to my body like a second skin.

Sorry for the canceled races and race plans. I’m supposed to run the Cooper River Bridge 10K in Charleston SC in a couple of weeks and I’m really surprised it hasn’t cancelled. I got an email from the organizers earlier this week and it seems to be a go still. This is my deferred registration from last April 2020 when they postponed the race to this April 2021 and now September.

Good luck tonight @polskagirl01! Love that your children ended up enjoying their outdoor time and each other’s company.

@kgirlhart – Hope your mom is continuing to heal from her fall. I cant believe it’s been almost a year since your dad passed. Hugs to all.
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    Thanks @teress502.

@TheMrWobbly and @Tramboman I'm sorry about your races. I think you should go for it next year @Tramboman .

Good luck tonight @polskagirl01!

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Thanks @teress502.

@TheMrWobbly and @Tramboman I'm sorry about your races. I think you should go for it next year @Tramboman .

Good luck tonight @polskagirl01!

I don't mind the racing so much. It's the training that kicks my butt.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry @TheMrWobbly and @Tramboman . I have a race in 2 months and i am crossing my fingers that is enough time for this one to be a go!

@kgirlhart I didn’t realize this fall happened so close to the anniversary of your dad's passing. I’m sure that ups the stress level/anxiety around it. I’m glad she is on the mend.

@Teresa502 I am also impressed that you exercised every day while on vacation! I always have good intentions but it’s rare that I actually do anything except maybe one day. To be fair, our vacations are not usually very relaxing. We tend to be an activity-heavy vacationing family.

@RunsOnEspresso Good job getting it done despite the lack in motivation. Those runs are the hardest!

Good luck @polskagirl01

• Tramboman
    Options
    Hi all! I don't have my personal laptop so I don't have my spreadsheet to update. I didn't run yesterday because of work and travel. This morning I ran 3.1 miles here in Killington, Vermont.

I'm here because I guess I'm doing a Spartan race tomorrow. :# First one in 21 months. Hopefully I'll survive to tell you all about it.

CRUSH IT!!!!!
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    @AlphaHowls My training plan calls for 8 miles on the 19th. Will it count if we run further than 10K?

Thanks @Martindale. It was definitely a scary phone call. I went by to check on her today and other than looking like a she was in a fight she is feeling good.

Great job on your race @sweetdaisy13 . I can't imagine running that distance.

Good luck on the Spartan @katharmonic!
  • Tramboman
    Options
    It was race day today - Total Coastal Ultra Marathon along the costal path in Devon, UK.

Distance 30 miles (48k), ran in 8 hrs 31 minutes with 6,016 feet of elevation (1,833m).

It was by far the hardest race I have ever done. Parts of the coastal path were very narrow, terrain was rocky and it was very hilly. Despite this, I really enjoyed and from mile 11 I got chatting to a fellow runner and we ran the rest of the 20 miles together.

Well done!!!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @kgirlhart wrote: »
    @AlphaHowls My training plan calls for 8 miles on the 19th. Will it count if we run further than 10K?

Pretty sure it does. I will probably be running my 17 miles.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I hate it when people commit to something and then back out. Good for you and your kids for doing your part and glad they decided to enjoy the time, rather than fight. Good luck on your race tonight. I hope you enjoy it.

@Teresa502 The cooler weather did make a big difference today. So happy for the cooler temps and less humidity. I'm surprised that they are still having in person races, but hope you get to do yours...and stay safe.

@RunsOnEspresso Great job in getting the miles in.

@martaindale Nice run. Glad you are having cooler weather too. I like the honey stinger chews. Need to try the gels.

@katharmonic Good luck with your race tomorrow. Looking forward to the race report.

Nice race @sweetdaisy13 . Glad you had a fellow runner to hang with for most of the race.