September 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Great effort @sweetdaisy13, that’s a mammoth run. Glad you made a friend en route.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile - I too had to look up those 'apples'. We don't have them here and I have not heard of them before.
    @kgirlhart - I am so glad your mom is ok! Does she have an alert of any kind? I have the Apple Watch that will send a notification if I don't respond to it. I almost didn't get it dismissed quickly enough yesterday when I fell but I am really glad I have it. I also can't believe it has already been a year since your dad passed away. Sending you {{hugs}} another tough anniversary!
    @Tramboman and @TheMrWobbly - Does your race offer a virtual option that you could switch to? I wasn't comfortable running my HM that was this morning and I switched it to virtual at no charge. I had to upload verification of my run and they will mail me my shirt and medal. Not the same as being there in person but I am happy I changed it.
    @Tramboman - I like racing and prepping for the races. If you can still manage the training I would keep doing the races, it is good to have the motivation to get out the door and keep up with a plan.
    @polskagirl01 - Have fun with your night race!
    @sweetdaisy13 - congratulations on a great race! I can't even imagine running that far or for that long!
    @RunsOnEspresso - I second being over and done with the heat... we are supposed to be hot for the foreseeable future. I keep hoping we are going to see some fall temps at some point but not going to hold my breath. I just hope it doesn't stay hot all winter too. We didi have an amazing thunder and lightening storm the other night that dumped about half an inch of rain in just a short amount of time. All it did was make the morning extremely humid. I have never seen a storm like that since living in So California. They were pretty common in Idaho though.
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Hi all! I don't have my personal laptop so I don't have my spreadsheet to update. I didn't run yesterday because of work and travel. This morning I ran 3.1 miles here in Killington, Vermont.

I'm here because I guess I'm doing a Spartan race tomorrow. :# First one in 21 months. Hopefully I'll survive to tell you all about it.

CRUSH IT!!!!!
    @katharmonic ^^ THIS ^^
    @martaindale - have you tried any of the Skratch Labs products? They are made with fruit juices and are really the only ones I have found that don't upset my stomach. I use the chews and tend to let them melt in my mouth and not chew them. They have energy bars now too but I have not tried them yet.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly @Tramboman sorry for your cancelled races.
    @sweetdaisy13 great job on your ultra! Nice that you made a friend to talk to for the majority of it.
    @polskagirl01 good luck with your 10K tonight!
    @martaindale I like the Gatorade chews and like @shanaber. I just suck on them. They last at least 5 miles per chew for me.
    @shanaber ouch! That fall sounds pretty painful. Hope you aren't hurting too badly.
    @quilteryoyo great job getting those miles in!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Good luck today @katharmonic!

Congratulations @sweetdaisy13 – so impressive!

Thanks for the reminder about the Guinness run on the 19th @AlphaHowls!

That takes a lot of willpower to run 10 miles on your driveway @quilteryoyo. Good mental training for race day!

@martaindale – Have you tried the GU gels? I’ve tried others but always seemed to come back to them for taste and consistency.

Oh goodness @shanaber – that sounds like quite a painful fall. Walking back probably helped to keep things loose though. I would have trouble managing one dog on a leash. I can’t imagine trying to manage two (even though they are soooo cute)! Great job getting back out there yesterday for your 10k.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    9-1 7k easy
    9-2 rest
    9-3 4k slow
    9-4 4k sloooooooow
    9-5 4k easy
    9-6 4k moderate
    9-7 4k moderate
    9-8 rest
    9-9 rest
    9-10 4k slow
    9-11 4k moderate
    9-12 4k easy

September Total: 39k
    September Goal: 150k

Mostly cloudy and mid 60s F today, with a nice breeze out of the southwest. Hips and legs were good enough so I could feel my left hamstring twanging yet again -- so I'm back to normal.

@shanaber Thanks for the encouragement.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 53d overall; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH 32:19 Garmin; 44th overall; 3d place male 60 and over
    9/18 Hattie Larlham ThriveK, Aurora, OH Scratch
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats @polskagirl01
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Great race, @polskagirl01 !!!
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    ”Monthly” question 🤭
    For real ya’ll. Anyone else experience this level of communication in their relationship?
    zzwho1kd4r0s.jpeg
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 It doesn't get anywhere near cold enough where I am for that.

I'm with @shanaber. I take photos of what I need lol