• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Distance Log:
    9/2 5.22 miles
    9/4 5.90
    9/6 6.70 - virtual 10K

Total: 17.80/80 miles

Since there's no work or school today I decided to do my virtual 10K today! I wasn't sure of my exact distance so went a little over just to make sure I hit it. Average pace was 11:34/mile which was much better than I thought I could do - I'd been hovering right around 12 the past few weeks. It helped that it was clear and high 50s, and not as much traffic around due to the holiday.

Of course, now I'm thinking, "Huh. Wasn't so bad. Maybe I could do a half in the spring."

@katharmonic I'm still really impressed!! Our family has taken up hiking and while we're nowhere near that level at all, I'm amazed at what there is to see if you just walk a little out of the way of all the hustle and bustle. I'm glad you got to see some beautiful sights, even if you didn't get to all you wanted to.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 It’s from Osprey. The dyna 1.5
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    9-1 7k easy
    9-2 rest
    9-3 4k slow
    9-4 4k sloooooooow
    9-5 4k easy
    9-6 4k moderate

September Total: 23k
    September Goal: 150k

Mostly sunny, mid 50s F, and a light breeze from the west -- just about perfect. Legs were better and the pace reflected that they're improving. Could post run stretch my usual, except for the right quad. Mo sense in forcing it to do something it's not ready to do.
    Although Monday is usually a golf day, our League does not play on Labor Day or Memorial Day. Golf course charges weekend prices for holiday Mondays.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 53d overall; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH 32:19 Garmin; 44th overall; 3d place male 60 and over
    9/18 Hattie Larlham ThriveK, Aurora, OH
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Mondays are rest days for me, so no run today. But I did take my dogs to the park and walked 1.25 miles. It was a little warm for the old girls, but we all enjoyed a leisurely stroll.

Sorry tou only got to hike one peak @katharmonic. I am so impressed by your hiking and just love the pictures and reports.

@martaindale We lived in Kerville for a while about 25 years ago. It was so lovely down there. I wish we had a weekend house in that area.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @penguinmama87 Great job on your 10K and such a confidence boost to do better than you were expecting!

@RunsOnEspresso Nice run and great idea with the vest in the freezer!

@sweetdaisy13 Sorry to hear about your son’s arm.

@katharmonic Another peak down! Hopefully you’ll get better weather for those last ones so you can really enjoy them.

I hope everyone from the states is enjoying their holiday weekend!