WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    Why did I ever tell my friend I would go to this picnic? It's to meet the wrestling team from my old college. He said there would be single men my age there. But now that it's tomorrow, I remember that I know nothing about college wrestling! What am I going to talk about? My inner introvert wants to weasel out of going.

Annie in Delaware

:) I'd stay home.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Hi,
    To answer the vax question, part of the family are because of work . No my friend wasn't. She most likely picked it up from her daughter in law who is a nurse, vaxed, and was the first to get sick. Most of the family was only mildly I'll for a couple of days regardless of vax status. My friend never healed well from anything. Her saying was "Live life with no regrets". She lived life. Unfortunately she passed tonight at 6 pm. I was both hopeful but doubtful of recovery after she got put on ventilator. She never regained consciousness. My DH is taking it badly. They had a lot of great times. Wonderful memories for all of us.
    Stay safe. Keep yourselves healthy. Make the best choices you can at the moment. And...grab life by the horns and Live it!

Kylia trying to find peace in the Smokies

So sorry!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Today is the anniversary of 911. I"ve seen it on tv and local information. My heart stirs with heartache for American events and other events from those times. Sending love to friends, family, and survivors. :heart: Katla
  • Machka9
    Options
    9jxnt8fekobo.png
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Why did I ever tell my friend I would go to this picnic? It's to meet the wrestling team from my old college. He said there would be single men my age there. But now that it's tomorrow, I remember that I know nothing about college wrestling! What am I going to talk about? My inner introvert wants to weasel out of going.

Annie in Delaware

ANNIE
    Presumably they will be able to talk about other things many years later. you can say you are not a wrestling buff but wanted to meet or catch up with old schoolmates. I went to a high school reunion and years back there were more cliques and I would not want to interact with the "jocks" (= people in collective sports teams, and a bit showy about it, cheerleaders... that was so not our world!) all that much and probably visa versa, but at a high school reunion decades later we seemed to get along very well. Granted you outing is mostly past wrestlers but one can hope that some are able to talk about other things but wrestling decades later.
    It's maybe normal to feel inner introvert before a get together with people you dont know. I felt somewhat hesitation about going to a get together last weekend, to an annual house party given by the family of the SO of a close friend.

MACHKA that sounds really hard.

BETH I'm glad there is a clear end in sight. I don't see people hopping in crutches much anymore, more using a cane. I read this "Your doctor will recommend crutches only if you have good balance, strength, and endurance."

MICHELE that is great that you have the discipline and energy to keep that up!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    KYLIA I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Kylia- I forgot did you say she was or was not vaccinated? Im so veey sorry to hear that she passed away.. this Covid is no joke. And I pray daily that my DGD and DD dont get it.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    Kylia- sorry to hear about your friend-
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dog group.
    Bonus: progressed on minutes, veg prep, one load laundry
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, livestream church, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, log into derm’s portal and update rx, post minutes and next meeting sign at fire house, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, pack go bag, call S, fire district: finish board meeting minutes, research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    12: Get active outside and give your mind and body a natural boost:

Kylia ((hugs)) right back atcha. YOU are important to us! So very sorry for your and your DH’s loss. :cry:
    Pip Bravissima!!! And thanks to Kirby and Yogi for volunteering!
    Margaret :love: your singing Happy Birthday to your cousin.
    Michele I actually didn’t work in NJ, only in San Francisco and Boise, ID. But our corporate headquarters were in Secaucus NJ and I did have to travel there frequently… usually in January :noway: :laugh:
    Terri wish your DH a happy birthday from us!
    Annie surely someone on that wrestling team has other topics of conversation ? ;)Michele’s and Julie’s advices are spot on.

CI way over CO. Grateful for dog group helping me get steps in. Will do better tomorrow.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe:12, weigh/wii: 11/0/0; steps>7222=7436 vits=11, log=11, CI<CO=10, CI<250<CO=6, Tumble=11, Shadow=12, mfp=10, outside=13, up hill=11, clean 10=4.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=, Wed:TC=1, PW=1, Thurs: TC=5mins, Fri:TC=1.33, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5:140.2 9/12: 9/19: 9/26: 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:4, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Well done Pip! Great job. <3
    You have shown terrific dedication and discipline. :flowerforyou:

DH away at cricket today. Up early, as the cricket is making an early start because it gets dark earlier. Last one of the season. I have the day to myself. :) Might do my tablet transfer. :#

I found a new mini series in German to watch while I was doing my exercises by myself. Romantic family comedy. I'm enjoying it. :D

DimSum for lunch.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Resting today after our rather strenuous bicycle ride yesterday!

So I've been working on the bathroom.

• I have tossed so much makeup and various other products with expiration dates in the distant past.

• I'm thinking of taking 2 or 3 baths to get rid of my bath beads, bubble bath, etc ... I'll just dump a bunch of it in the bath!!

• I'm mixing most of the lotions to see what happens.

• I'll use the talc powders in the carpet.

• I'm "making art" with old nail polish.

It actually feels good to get rid of so much of it!!

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Kylia,

So sorry about your friend. :(

Pip,

Woohooooo!! You Rock!!!

Terri,

Happy Birthday to your husband.

Beth,

My fully vaccinated brother didn't feel well a week ago today, and fell four times at home. They took him to the ED where he was found to be hypoxic and Covid positive. He had twisted his ankle but it took a couple of days before they got around to X-raying the foot - he has Lisfranc, spiral fibula, and lateral malleolar fractures and will require surgery. Poor guy. He is SO much better from the Covid, though, and I am convinced the immunizations made the difference for him, even though he did get sick. I think it would have been far worse for him if he hadn't been immunized.

I hope your plateau fracture heals adequately without surgery. Sending healing thoughts!

9/11: I was at work. A patient told us a plane hit the tower. Thought to myself it must be a student pilot or something, some horrible mistake. Then the second plane hit... :'(:'(:'(

Love, Karen in Virginia
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Re unused toiletries, we have a charity called the hygiene bank. Can drop off items at Boots pharmacies, I’ve got some to drop off this week. It angers me that in one of the richest countries in the world that some families have to choose between eating and keeping clean.
    Sorry for the rant should have put it in a spoiler but always forget how to do it

Enjoy your Sunday

Kate UK ❤️
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Wow, Kelly, what a WONDERFUL WOMAN POEM!!! I love it.

-K
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I have so enjoyed the German mini series, I binge watched all 3 episodes this morning.
    If you can bear subtitles I really recommend it for a real feel-good session. Netflix. It's called Uber Weinachten or 'Over Christmas'. I found it by accident by going to German TV series, but I'm sure you can search for it direct by name.
    Very schlocky but excellent and very heart-warming by the end. :D<3

Now going to have my DimSum.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Heather! congrats on the big win! Thanks for the Netflix tip. I was perusing for a good series yesterday and I found a lot of very mediocre comedies or romcoms. There are some topnotch ones too but I think I've been through most of the ones I'm drawn too. (I'm not into murder series, nor action series, I tend to like things with some humor and a good dose of depth/serious).