• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Kylia - I am so sorry.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    It angers me that in one of the richest countries in the world that some families have to choose between eating and keeping clean.

Enjoy your Sunday

Kate UK ❤️

I've been there.

I think it's partly why I've ended hoarding so much of the stuff which I'm now getting rid of. I was given most of it as gifts and I used it so sparingly because, in those years, I didn't know if I would have any of it in the months to come. Pretty much everything has been used at least a little bit and some of it is almost gone ... but just a little bit left, just in case.

Trouble is now a lot of it is so old I've had to toss it.

However, I'm thinking I might give some new products to the ABC Giving Tree Appeal which is Tasmania's biggest Christmas charity.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im awake ,going to make myself a cup of tea the dopey kid came in at 1:45 this morning and some animal was outside probably a coyote outside killing something at 12:15 in the morning so that set Alfie off.. i was awake for awhile.
    I put my patio dining set for sale on Facebook marketplace and someone will be coming for it today,it has never been outside and it was wayyyy to big for my place..
    The people coming for it i asked to wear masks and I will wear mine,I will wipe down everything with lysol wipes when they leave
    I did order a new table and chairs that are much smaller,the chairs I can stack and put the. Out of the way..
    I Have a 42 inch TV that i am going to take out of the den and take the box back to the store because ,Dan and Taliah dont come over much any more so why keep it ?
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Sunday✔️
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Kylia and Hubby)) So sorry for the loss of your friend.

Carol in GA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Kylia, I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Pip, I’m so proud of you.

Homecoming at church today. It is very helpful for my eating plan that we are not having the fellowship meal afterward due to Covid concerns. It is bad, bad, bad around here. I know two young women in their 40s and 2 men in their 50s who have died in the last month.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Kylia I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your DH.

Pip way to go! I'm very proud of you.

Still waffling about this picnic. I have an hour to decide.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! Happy Sunday. I have been awake since 2am. I was busy yesterday with my usual grocery shopping and household chores. Then I spent about four hours in the yard, hauling limbs and branches that my son had cut off the big tree that fell last month. I went to bed early, about 8pm, not feeling well (most likely due to the cold I am still fighting and all of the physical labor). It took me a while to get to sleep because, although I had showered, I still felt "buggy", then had a coughing spell; DH came in at that point and closed the windows bc it smelled smoky, most likely from neighbors and the campground campfires. Then up a couple of times to use the bathroom and blow my nose...I just gave up on good sleep at 2 and made myself some coffee. I am sure there will be a nap in my future.
    9/11- I remember that morning. It began as a normal morning, my daughter got on the bus to school and I left to drop my son off at his school and pick up one childcare kiddo. I returned home, tv still on and tuned to Good Morning America. I made myself a cup of coffee and was giving the baby a bottle when the first plane hit. I sat there stunned. DH was still asleep, as he had been working late the night before. I debated waking him up for a few minutes. Then, the second plane hit. I literally ran through the house to the bedroom and woke him. I called the schools and they assured me that the kids were not watching the news and that teachers were trying to keep their day as "normal" as possible. I was welcome to pick them up; but I didn't. When the towers fell, I just remember the shock and the breath just leaving my body; thinking of all of those lives lost. The horror of those first few hours of reports. At the time, we lived about a mile from our local airport. Although we don't get any big planes in, there is a constant flow of smaller planes coming and going. The silence in the skies for the next few days was deafening.
    I think everyone's lives were changed/touched by the events of 9/11. For me, it was the event that shook me out of my autopilot mode that I was in, since my parent's deaths. This event caused me to grow up fast and make more conscious decisions in my/my children's lives. I still cry every time I talk about that day. The personal stories/accounts still affect me. I watched a couple of short clips about it, but am very grateful that I had a lot on my plate yesterday and couldn't sit and watch the memorials and news clips. I still think of the families personally affected by loss of loved ones and my heart will always go out to them.
    Pip - Yea! So proud of you! You are a phenomenal woman! Ignore the second line in the poem; you are cute!

Phenomenal Woman
    BY MAYA ANGELOU
    Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
    I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size
    But when I start to tell them,
    They think I’m telling lies.
    I say,
    It’s in the reach of my arms,
    The span of my hips,
    The stride of my step,
    The curl of my lips.
    I’m a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That’s me.

I walk into a room
    Just as cool as you please,
    And to a man,
    The fellows stand or
    Fall down on their knees.
    Then they swarm around me,
    A hive of honey bees.
    I say,
    It’s the fire in my eyes,
    And the flash of my teeth,
    The swing in my waist,
    And the joy in my feet.
    I’m a woman
    Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,
    That’s me.

Men themselves have wondered
    What they see in me.
    They try so much
    But they can’t touch
    My inner mystery.
    When I try to show them,
    They say they still can’t see.
    I say,
    It’s in the arch of my back,
    The sun of my smile,
    The ride of my breasts,
    The grace of my style.
    I’m a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That’s me.

Now you understand
    Just why my head’s not bowed.
    I don’t shout or jump about
    Or have to talk real loud.
    When you see me passing,
    It ought to make you proud.
    I say,
    It’s in the click of my heels,
    The bend of my hair,
    the palm of my hand,
    The need for my care.
    ’Cause I’m a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That’s me.

Kylia- So sorry for your loss! Thinking of you and sending you love <3 and (((hugs)))

Well, it is almost 5am...maybe I will see if I can get a little more sleep... ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Awww thx, that was beautiful
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Oh, Kylia. So tragic and unnecessary. I don't know how you find comfort after such a loss.

I am so sorry for her family and friends.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Kylia))) – I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. :broken_heart:

Annie – The invitation from your friend seems like it might lead to a fun day. Do you have something better to do? :star:

We live in a townhouse community & are mostly sequestered in our homes. We have occasional chats with friends and neighbors at a 5 or 6 foot distance. Our neighbors are vaccinated, as are we, but we still keep careful distances. Everyone in my yoga class is also vaccinated but the health club is not vetting new people. Early on they required proof of vaccination. We have all been vaccinated twice. I wonder why they have stopped requiring proof of vaccination. I suspect it is because of $$.

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Kylia - It's so sad to lose an old friend. (((HUGS)))

I was just waking up from my nap this afternoon when an old uni friend rang. She had just been to her old roommate 's funeral. We were all at Bristol together. My friend was very close and the relationship was troubled. It's a very, very long story, but the deceased friend had a baby in the 2nd year at uni and her mother made her give the baby up. 1968.
    She never got in contact with her son, who was adopted.
    My dear friend, who rang me, had to sit with the family the night before the funeral and tell them all sorts of things they didn't know, because they had so many questions. Many things, not just about the baby. I was staggered at what they hadn't been told. (They knew about the baby, but only after she had cancer, and a lot of the story was wrong) They really wanted to know, so my friend felt she had to answer. She felt like the wicked fairy at the christening! I actually had a new gap to fill in for her.
    Pretty exhausting!
    This friend of mine has a hip operation scheduled for the end of September. I'm crossing everything for her. She is in a lot of pain.

So, I'm still recovering from all that excitement. I felt I was watching one of those films where the stranger throws a bomb into a family's carefully constructed life.

Making mushroom risotto for dinner. It heats up pretty well for when DH gets home later.

Still haven't done my tablet transfer. :# I think it will happen tomorrow. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather - Your friend is a very good person, as are you. What a difficult burden to share with the grieving family. :heart: :broken_heart:
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Oops did I type guts Pip???? I like you guts and all!
    Rebecca
    With fingers that don't match my brain in
    Washington
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Kylia, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing.
    Pip, you ROCK!!
    KJ, that poem by Maya Angelou is awesome!
    Heather, congrats on the lottery win! How very nice for the family that your friend was able to fill in some gaps for them. It may have been stuff that was hard for them to hear, but it will probably turn out to be a good thing for them to know the facts.
    Machka, I'd be throwing stuff out too. I've thrown out a lot of make up as I just don't use it anymore, I got down to where all I was using was mascara and now half the time I don't even bother with that. Fortunately, the few tubes that I do have are still current! lol
    Beth, I'm sure your son knew that you were doing the best that you could and that he was loved (which I think is the most important part!)

Can't remember anything else for now. Hope everyone has a great day!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those who are celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island, where it rained yesterday! :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    It's been a bit of a day of friends! After dinner I got a phone call from my Cornish friends, asking to come for lunch later this month. The husband has recently recovered from a serious bout of pneumonia and is in remission from lung cancer. They will be visiting their son nearby.
    We said we will take a lateral flow test the day before, because they are obviously very worried about covid. :o
    Looking forward to seeing them. We have to leave mid afternoon to pick up the kids from school, but that's OK.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx