WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Sue ~ Hugs for you and your family. So sorry to hear about your mom and hope that her passing will be peaceful.

Tracey ~ Love the birthday photos. It looks like y'all were having a blast.

Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Sorry ladies for those that are dealing with medical issues, those who have friends that have passed, and those dealing with illnesses in their families.🙏💖😔. My thoughts are with you friends.
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Praying for Sue, Kylia, Flea and Rita.

Pip ... congratulations for completing your ride ...and in the wind yet!

Tracey ... Love the hippy themed party! Looks like it was a great time

Michele and Julie ... I'm using a walker for the little bit of transferring/movement I do make. Much more stability than crutches.

Julie ... I've never used (or even heard of except in the case of wealthy/important people) an administrative assistant for personal use. I would think, however, that one qualification needed to offer this type of service would be attention to detail. This individual's inability to communicate and then to arrive late would set off bells for me. I would have cancelled the appointment as well.

Another day parked in my chair looking at things that need done that I can't attend to... I am not a patient patient ...

Beth near Buffalo
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    608289q08o3aylgm.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Strange day.
    I did a good session of editing, but still didn't get around to sorting out my new tablet. :embarassed:
    Didn't sleep well because I was worrying about it, so I did think I would get on with it at last. :/
    Had a long nap as I was very tired.
    Did all my exercises and popped out to buy DH some more rolls for his cricket lunches. Two more days.
    It has felt very quiet. I've been sort of floating. Just before starting dinner I managed to wash my hair, so that feels better. :)
    Tomorrow I have friends Zoom. Looking forward to it.
    I do start to go a bit batty if I am on my own for too long. Pleased I have not been bingeing as I used to. Inspiring videos are a help.

When I went to the shop, I dropped in to the pharmacy and picked up some lateral flow tests. I want to be sure for our extremely vulnerable future visitor. Over here we can just get them free. He gave me two boxes of 7. ;) Because we are in contact with the grandchildren, I want to be sure.

Thinking of all of you who have physical or mental pain right now. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Sue, I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is not well, sincerest wishes for a peaceful transition.
    Tracey, I love the outfits! Definitely took me right back to the '70's, ah, that was a decade.... lol
    Pip, looks like a lovely camping spot.
    Lisa, nice to see you pop in!
    Flea, thinking good thoughts for you.
    Beth, sending you {{{HEALING}}} vibes. Nice that your pastor has acknowledged all that you did at the church! Unfortunate that it took you being disabled for him to realize all that you did do there!
    Rita, sorry to hear of your co-worker's passing.

Having a quiet day today. Pulled a muscle in my back last week, have no idea how or when I did it, it just started being sore on Wed and I have just been putting up with it. It is starting to release and I have an app't with my chiro tomorrow (Tues), hopefully she will be able to straighten out any structural issues and the healing will continue.
    Need to make an app't with my GP for a prescription renewal, earliest available phone app't is Oct 14!! I, and hubby will both be out of some meds, will have to get an emergency refill from the pharmacist. Fortunately they can do that here.
    Recycling electronics etc, here in Canada, we pay a recycling fee when we buy any electronics, but we can recycle them pretty much anywhere! Many stores take them back, the Sally Ann accepts them and our local landfill transfer station also accepts anything with a cord. In the larger centres we can (and are encouraged to!) recycle plastics (eg milk jugs, yogurt containers), metal cans, and of course newspaper, mixed paper and cardboard. We also have a composting program that takes ALL food scraps as well as any paper that is contaminated with food residue. Can't do waxed paper tho, so I now use parchment paper or paper towels for most things that waxed paper used to do. I still have a bit of the waxed to use up, I will get thru it eventually! Between all of this, we don't have much going out in the garbage, so often put out just a small bag or wait for 3-4 weeks till the big bag is full. A few stores also accept clean plastic bags for recycling!
    Eating has been off the rails, again. Too much feeling sorry for myself as my back is sore..... On the upside, the bed is getting more comfortable and even tho I only had about 6 hours sleep on Sat night, I felt pretty rested Sun morning! Will need hubby's help to turn the mattress today, then need to clean house.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Sue, I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is not well, sincerest wishes for a peaceful transition.
    Tracey, I love the outfits! Definitely took me right back to the '70's, ah, that was a decade.... lol
    Pip, looks like a lovely camping spot.
    Lisa, nice to see you pop in!
    Flea, thinking good thoughts for you.
    Beth, sending you {{{HEALING}}} vibes. Nice that your pastor has acknowledged all that you did at the church! Unfortunate that it took you being disabled for him to realize all that you did do there!
    Rita, sorry to hear of your co-worker's passing.

Having a quiet day today. Pulled a muscle in my back last week, have no idea how or when I did it, it just started being sore on Wed and I have just been putting up with it. It is starting to release and I have an app't with my chiro tomorrow (Tues), hopefully she will be able to straighten out any structural issues and the healing will continue.
    Need to make an app't with my GP for a prescription renewal, earliest available phone app't is Oct 14!! I, and hubby will both be out of some meds, will have to get an emergency refill from the pharmacist. Fortunately they can do that here.
    Recycling electronics etc, here in Canada, we pay a recycling fee when we buy any electronics, but we can recycle them pretty much anywhere! Many stores take them back, the Sally Ann accepts them and our local landfill transfer station also accepts anything with a cord. In the larger centres we can (and are encouraged to!) recycle plastics (eg milk jugs, yogurt containers), metal cans, and of course newspaper, mixed paper and cardboard. We also have a composting program that takes ALL food scraps as well as any paper that is contaminated with food residue. Can't do waxed paper tho, so I now use parchment paper or paper towels for most things that waxed paper used to do. I still have a bit of the waxed to use up, I will get thru it eventually! Between all of this, we don't have much going out in the garbage, so often put out just a small bag or wait for 3-4 weeks till the big bag is full. A few stores also accept clean plastic bags for recycling!
    Eating has been off the rails, again. Too much feeling sorry for myself as my back is sore..... On the upside, the bed is getting more comfortable and even tho I only had about 6 hours sleep on Sat night, I felt pretty rested Sun morning! Will need hubby's help to turn the mattress today, then need to clean house.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

I thought I remembered you got a Tempurpedic mattress. Unless they changed them recently, they aren't meant to be flipped. They are one sided and a lot of them have the very slightest rise at the top for sleeping comfort. Actually, this was true of most of the higher end mattresses. Things could have changed, I've been out of the mattress biz for a while.

Hugs,
    Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Kylia
    So sorry to hear about your friend (((Hugs)))
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    ☘️
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    (((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 For Sue, Kylia, Flea, Beth, and Rita

Pip Well done on the bike ride

☘️ Terri

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,875 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Julie ... I've never used (or even heard of except in the case of wealthy/important people) an administrative assistant for personal use. I would think, however, that one qualification needed to offer this type of service would be attention to detail. This individual's inability to communicate and then to arrive late would set off bells for me. I would have cancelled the appointment as well.

Another day parked in my chair looking at things that need done that I can't attend to... I am not a patient patient ...

Beth near Buffalo

I want an admin assistant for personal use and have been looking for one, but the few that exist are expensive and most will just tell you how to organise things ... they won't actually do it for you.

We have an organisation that offers a large number of services: Jim's Group / Jim's Services
    https://jims.net/services/

I can get heaps of things done, and we have used them for a couple things, but they don't offer any "organise your office" services.

Now that I am finished university, I'm doing it myself ... it's cheaper that way.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did a section of Karen Voit’s Energy Switch DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD

Tracey – love those outfits!

Sue WA – How horrible for you, your dd, and especially your mother. How hard it must be to watch her in pain and know that there’s nothing you can do and what the outcome will be. (((HUGS)))

Karen VA – I agree with you. But I would think that the company would rather err on the side of caution regarding the test for COVID

RV Rita – so very sorry

Had the bowling meeting where we get our teams for the winter. It was this one lady’s 80th birthday (I would never in my life have guessed she was 80) so I had a small piece of birthday cake then some cantaloupe. But the cantaloupe was NASTY. So...I had an oatmeal cookie and a chocolate chip cookie just to get that taste out of my mouth. Now I regret it. But I fiddled with the calories and came in just a tad under.

Went to ceramics. I can’t get over how long it’s taking to do the thing for my friend. I’m getting things ready for my mermaid.

Michele NC

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,875 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Machka-That is part of the reason I stopped taking my aintidepressants last year. I did not feel anything. Not happy, sad, mad anything. I do feel now, but I can not tell anyone the last time I really cried. I can get mad at the drop of a hat. So not sure if that is a good thing, but I do not feel numb anymore.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3

Not feeling anything is exactly what I want. It's better for both me and my husband. The last thing we need is for me to become angry. I wouldn't say I feel numb exactly, more like comfortable.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3