WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    I hesitate to recommend books, because everyone is on their own path, but I was downloading a book to my Kindle about the Mind/Body connection when this one popped up. I know some of you are searching for ways to improve your ability to speak up and set boundaries, so I'm just going to mention it. You can read the reviews on Amazon and see if it's for you. <3:)

Set Boundaries, Find Peace by Nedra Glover Tawwab

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Wow i really have to read what I post.. ducks in a row.. not what I typed lol.. sorry😜
    Its dark and dreary today and I think i overdid it with the garbage yesterday so i did take a little snooze..
    Today my friend Trudy is doing some substitute teaching at the middle school ,will find out if she sees my little urchin or not..
    Im hoping Tracy and Kyle can get the help they need through the school .that is one thing I always did was advocate for my kids.. i dont know how many parent teacher conferences i attended, or counseling sessions.. Im hoping there is help out there for my girl..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Rebecca That's a lot of dog. I spent an hour yesterday cutting mats out of my little Teddy ( a Maltese mix) Can't imagine grooming a larger dog. We still have to do toenails again.

Barbie Thank you for the thread and the fresh start! I need a new start to break my cookie habit and get better at walking. I've been logging more or less for 800 days now, and lost 9 pounds. It's no secret that I need to eat more veggies and less cookies and chocolate. Maybe this will be the breakthrough month!

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    edited September 2021
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s

Debbie “I have now started a few merchandising shops” What does that mean?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: leaner/stronger/kinder than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 28, weigh/wii: 30/0/0; steps>6704=2750 :P vits=29.5, log=30, CI<CO=29, CI<250<CO=23, Tumble=21, Shadow=29, mfp=31, outside=35, up hill=34, clean 10=23.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD YH=1, Wed:TC=2, PW=4. Thurs: Fri:TC=2. Sat:PW=4. rX x4=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 8/8:140.4 8/15:141.5 :rage:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:18 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

There are different ones- One I just did was to put those little coupon stickers on a product and take pictures to show that I did it. Another I checked to see if a certain product was well stocked and neat on the shelves, see if they had any back stock I could put out, take pictures before and after..
    Another I have done is to restock the pre-paid cards for one company- they send me the new ones and I put new signs up if they ask me to.
    There are a few others I have seen but haven't done yet(but very tempting because it is the end of the month and they have added a nice bonus to them)
    With merchandising- the store knows you are there and so far have been pretty helpful.
    With mystery shopping, as in the name, you pretend to be a normal shopper but are taking notes and reporting it back to the company that pays you and they report back to the stores company.
    I have done the mystery shopping for many years so I know the legit companies. Some are better than others as in the pay. Some pay basically nothing but others pay really well,especially at the end of the month.

Debbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Ooooo
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Did Cathe Cardio Mashup DVD then went for a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Extreme Strength DVD.

Vince painted the outside of the door today while I held it (it was quite windy, which on one hand is good because it’s helping to dry the door). In the meantime, did 2 loads of laundry. I ran to this place called Upscale Retail but only got a shirt. They did have an IP for $30. Well, I have a small one for the condo. This was probably a 6qt one

Pip and M – every time I see a bike lane down here (and there are LOTS of them) I think of you

Tracey – love the glasses. We watched Forrest Gump last night and the music!

Lisa – how lucky for that guy that your daughter was there! She’s a real hero

Kylia – so sorry for your friends and you

RV Rita – handsome boys you have there. When I saw the pic of the one, the first thing I thought of was an angel with the halo

Renaeder – welcome!

Vicki – how sad for your chiropractor

Michele in breezy FL
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Rebecca That's a lot of dog. I spent an hour yesterday cutting mats out of my little Teddy ( a Maltese mix) Can't imagine grooming a larger dog. We still have to do toenails again.

Barbie Thank you for the thread and the fresh start! I need a new start to break my cookie habit and get better at walking. I've been logging more or less for 800 days now, and lost 9 pounds. It's no secret that I need to eat more veggies and less cookies and chocolate. Maybe this will be the breakthrough month!

Annie in Delaware

I think they take Tucker in for his toenails. He's 106 lbs, and my sister has a large shower that she puts a baby gate on the open no glass door end. She went in, and he comes out marvelous, she looks like a hot mess! Lol
    Rebecca
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    edited September 2021
    (((Carol)))

AllieIf you do not want to create a trust. Another way to keep estate out of probate is make sure any asset has a beneficiary this includes a car. Ask your lawyer how to create this out of any asset that is not liquid. If you just put it into a will it may still have to go through probate if your assets are over $50,000. At least this is true in the state we live in. Ideally you do not want your estate to go through probabte because then what you wanted to leave to a loved one might become quite a bit less.

Ducks yes it was a good laugh surprised it made it through censor police. I have the same problem. I tend to hit the wrong key when I type I also tend to leave out words. I thought it but somehow it did not make it to the page.

Heather I have long thought that conflicts are more often than not over not respecting others boundaries. Setting boundaries and sticking up for myself is something I continually try to establish. I also need to come up with strategies to fend off the guilt and shame manipulators when I do assert myself.

I think I would like the book you suggest.
  • grandmallie
    Margaret i think TUD,transferable upon death takes care of that but will speak with attorney,yes he advised against a trust also.
    But i did my will 4 yrs ago and things have changed so want to change it with the times..
    My poor daughter is tired and is feeling big and still has 4.5 months to go.she is an itty bitty thing and i worry about her.. i told her if she is worried to call her OB.hee next appt isnt until the 22nd.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited September 2021
    Margaret - Whenever we take steps to change, there are always those who want us to stay the same. I haven't read the book I suggested, but the reviews were good and I felt it might be helpful to quite a few of us. The book that has really changed my life in recent months, and I mean that sincerely, is The Way of Integrity by Martha Beck. She exemplifies what it means to follow your own star and resist the push back from others who are confined by their own cultural blinkers. I have felt more joyful recently than ever in my life and feel I am becoming more myself. I thought my DH would be resistant to some of the changes I've made, but he is coping remarkably well as I am so much happier. I make sure to pay him attention. We all need to feel loved.
    I feel I am on an adventure every day and hope to share this joy with others.
    Good luck with your reading and exploration. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Rebecca – September weather is lovely here today. Back in teaching days I would be very busy getting my classroom organized and lessons outlined before classes began. I have been retired for a while and I can enjoy the nice weather without cleaning the classroom, organizing seating, & writing lesson plans . . .. :bigsmile:

Carol in GA – I hope you’re able to get your computer up and running. I’m glad you were able to post today. :flowerforyou:

Renaedar – Welcome to a great group. Post often and get acquainted. :smiley:

Pip- Happy 3450 days in a row of logging! I am amazed by your accomplishments. :flowerforyou:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    I hesitate to recommend books, because everyone is on their own path, but I was downloading a book to my Kindle about the Mind/Body connection when this one popped up. I know some of you are searching for ways to improve your ability to speak up and set boundaries, so I'm just going to mention it. You can read the reviews on Amazon and see if it's for you. <3:)

Set Boundaries, Find Peace by Nedra Glover Tawwab

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

thanks- I will look at it.
  • pipcd34
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Cathe Cardio Mashup DVD then went for a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Extreme Strength DVD.

Vince painted the outside of the door today while I held it (it was quite windy, which on one hand is good because it’s helping to dry the door). In the meantime, did 2 loads of laundry. I ran to this place called Upscale Retail but only got a shirt. They did have an IP for $30. Well, I have a small one for the condo. This was probably a 6qt one

Pip and M – every time I see a bike lane down here (and there are LOTS of them) I think of you

Tracey – love the glasses. We watched Forrest Gump last night and the music!

Lisa – how lucky for that guy that your daughter was there! She’s a real hero

Kylia – so sorry for your friends and you

RV Rita – handsome boys you have there. When I saw the pic of the one, the first thing I thought of was an angel with the halo

Renaeder – welcome!

Vicki – how sad for your chiropractor

Michele in breezy FL

;0)
  • grandmallie
    I dont know if any of listen to Laugh USA on Sirius Xm or YouTube or have heard of Jeanne Robertson.. she recently passed away she was a humorist and speaker and so funny,never vulgar but told such funny stories..
    Look her up and check out her stories you qill get alot of chuckles.. her dear husband passed in June..
    Im feeling better and just laid low today
    But if your feeling low ,look up Jeanne ,she will have you laughing in no time
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Tornado warnings here, and severe wind and rain expected. But fortunately we never seem to get the worst of it. It's not bad outside for now. The Philadelphia area is catching much worse.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Stats for the day-

Zwift home spin bike- 1hr 17min 48sec, 211elev, 95ahr, 147mhr, 135aw, 58arpm, 20.59amph, 26.7mi= 395c
    Zwift app- 606c
    Zwift home spin bike-2hrs 7min 50sec, 340elev, 101ahr, 131mhr, 128aw, 61arpm, 20.28amph, 43.2mi= 685c
    Zwift app = 946c
    Walk to salon- 11.31min, .48mi= 58c
    Strava app = 59c
    Walk from salon to home- 11.31min, .49mi= 42c
    Strava app = 60c
    Zwift home spin bike- 1hr 3min 49sec, 176elev, 110ahr, 131mhr, 20.78amph, 139aw, 60arpm, 22.1mi= 420c
    Zwift app = 509c
    Zwift home spin bike- 31.51min, 92elev, 158aw, 61arpm, 119ahr, 147mhr, 21.10amph, 11.2mi= 265c
    Zwift app = 288c

103.2 total miles ridden

1865 total cal

BACK IN 2nd place for now