WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Lisa - What great actions by your daughter. What a fortunate man indeed.

Barbara - I just love how you describe things. “Pig for breakfast, coke for dinner”. 😂

Kylia - congrats on the wins. I hope the new staff members works out well. Too bad you can’t have a true vacation.

Allie - I hope Taliah gets the help that is needed. Is it possible she is just rebelling at having a new baby in the family at a difficult age herself? I don’t think I would have been too happy with my parents in her situation.

Rita - handsome grandsons.

Had a nice talk with a friend tonight. I need to call friends more often. It’s been a hard year to keep up with people because I’ve worked such long days. Today I left a couple minutes early!

Tracey in Edmonton where it is rainy, cold and feels like deep Fall.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    This month my goals are simple. Walk the path of an OMADer. Eating between 12 noon and 4 pm. Today husband is having his main meal with me at noon too. Chicken with rice. Then he has something light in the dinner hour. He lost 7 lbs the month of August because he ate like that. (Men). They can change brands of toothpaste and lose weight!

Cheers to us this month! May we conquer whatever tasks, and goals we set!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

That's how I grew up eating - main meal at noon, something light around 6 pm - and my family (mother, father, brother and me) were slender little rails.

There is a theory that if you eat your main meal earlier (like noonish), instead of sitting down and relaxing in the evening before going to bed like we might do with a late dinner, we tend to be more active through the afternoon and might burn it off more efficiently. It might also provide more energy for the afternoon activities.

I don't know if that's true or not - it's a theory. :)

These days, the number of calories I consume at lunch and the number I consume at dinner aren't hugely different, usually.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    wgangbhlbvw5.jpeg
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    We are getting the torrential rains,wind,thunder and tornado warnings here in Ct.. New York and New Jersey got hit hard and they have ask that people stay off the roads.. hopefullt Tom and Elena heed the warning and go in at normal time instead of regular time..
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Lisa, lucky for that man that your daughter showed up when she did, or that story would have had a totally different ending! She demonstrated good leadership and has obviously had good training.
    Machka, thank you so much for reminding me of the two stretches! The inner thigh stretch I've been doing a lot, but lately my hip has been bothering me and the quad stretches haven't helped (usual cause of my hip pain is tight quads). I tried the other stretch you showed and my hip feels so much better now! I do have to remember to incorporate that into my routine.
    Allie, do stay safe! I hope that your daughter and son in law can find some help for Taliah. I wonder is it possible that she's being bullied? That seems to be happening so much these days, not quite sure why kids think that's cool....
    Rebecca, your sister's dog just looks like such a sweetheart!
    As usual, many more I wanted to comment on, but it's getting late and the memory grows dim.... lol.
    Two days of tracking my food and managing to stay under calories, just under, but that's okay.
    Our new bed is not as comfy as I had hoped it would be, although the salesman did warn us that it needed a good month to get broken in. I hope I don't break before it does.... I must be patient, not my strong suit.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    Options
    My second 5+ km walk this week. :)

luz6p3ltekz6.png
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well between the thunder,the rain and the alerts that woke me up,im awake.. going to take some tylenol and try and get back to sleep. Here is hoping.. the hardest of rain has gone by I think..
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    long day yesterday! not very productive after the morning. thank goodness I started really early.

I didn't track yesterday either after midday . :/

have cleaner coming today at 2:30 then an ex classmate coming at 5pm so we can have a video meeting at 6pm.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I dont know if any of listen to Laugh USA on Sirius Xm or YouTube or have heard of Jeanne Robertson.. she recently passed away she was a humorist and speaker and so funny,never vulgar but told such funny stories..
    Look her up and check out her stories you qill get alot of chuckles.. her dear husband passed in June..
    Im feeling better and just laid low today
    But if your feeling low ,look up Jeanne ,she will have you laughing in no time

I had a look at some youtube clips, loved her humour. So sad that she died and so soon after her husband.

Kate UK ❤️
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, T’ai Chi, Farmers’ Market, dog group
    Bonus: continued excavating the laundry mountain, AzP walk with Ro,
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, GB for nail trims, sample to lab, BiMart, recycling, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    2: Notice the things you do well, however small: touch typing ;)

Whew. August bumped average steps per day from 6704 to 7222. It will be a challenge to meet that. Today’s walk in Azalea Park added to dog group pack walk made a great start and a little buffer…

Julie Brava for urging your sister to seek a second opinion. Sending healing, encouraging energy her way.
    Kylia hope you really relish and enjoy your vacation. If you changed employers, who would do the paperwork? Let that one do it while you are on vacation… just sayin’. ;)
    Welcome @renaedar ! Con VERY grats for taking off 85 lbs, your numbers will surely have improved. Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Katla great September goals!
    Allie ((hugs)) for Tal and her family. Tough time.
    Rebecca “…. (Men). They can change brands of toothpaste and lose weight!” Ain’t it the freakin’ truth?!? Tucker is quite the “little” lap dog :laugh:
    Debbie fascinating about the merchandising, thanks!
    Vicki prayers said for Cari and her family.
    Rita good luck with the kiddos today!
    Pip thanks for Ketchikan stream. Your biking determination is awe-inspiring!
    Tracey that was how Joe described his eating habits. Now he’s aspiring “gourmet Joe” with veggies, rice and “fake meat” for his main daily meal, oatmeal (with huckleberries) for breakfast and fruit for an afternoon snack. I’m so proud of him!
    Evelyn a month to break in a new mattress? Doesn’t sound quite right…

T’ai Chi has moved to the park as long as the weather holds. Went well even with us all masked. Dog group masked was a little harder as it was warm down at the port.

Looking forward to an outdoor “happy hour” at Lone Ranch beach picnic table to catch up with friends C, T and R. We’ll each bring our own beverage and some snacks to share. Hope to go early to get some steps in toward my new daily goal.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 1, weigh/wii: 1/0/0; steps>7222=10774 !!! vits=1, log=1, CI<CO=1, CI<250<CO=1, Tumble=0, Shadow=1, mfp=1, outside=1, up hill=1, clean 10=0.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=, Wed:TC=1, PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=1, Sat:PW=, rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5: 9/12: 9/19: 9/26: 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:1, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Dr. Katie-a bit delayed response but am glad your father is doing better. My mother also went out of her mind (best way to describe it) after surgery (amputation) and pain medication. She was like a feral animal-really scary. Getting her off those particular pain meds was thankfully the change that was needed.

Lisa-great job Kelsey did. CPR training is something more people should have.

Julie-sorry your sister is having a rough time-and right after retirement.

Allie-smart move getting will, etc. taken care of before surgeries.

Pip-that is an incredible logging streak. I did just realize I first used MFP in Jul 2014 so if I had kept up daily logging them I would have a much longer streak than I do.

Covid Update
    Covid test came back negative (I thought it would). A bit nerve wracking waiting for results but figure better to be sensible. Sinuses are clearing up and feeling better (of course I have been a bit lazy this week). I did get out for a walk yesterday.

Working from home rest of the week as a precaution. I try to model the best practices during this whole thing since I have to try to keep staff on track also. This fall should be interesting. Will be glad when current transmission levels lower. Don't like seeing it spread through schools right now but am not sure what the answer may be to that.

Planning on getting either flu shot or pneumonia shot this long weekend. Last year I got both at same time and I think that was too much at once. I think the pneumonia hit me the most (sore arm, body aches, etc.). Will try to have them at least 2 weeks apart and a good month before I get Covid booster.

Need a file from work today so running in early to pick it up and come back home. May pick up extra monitor to make some editing work easier than just working from my surface tablet screen.

Enjoying cooler weather here-thankfully. Ac, furnace and water heater getting replaced this weekend. Was really glad I have a whole house fan while dealing with no ac for past week. I will say very good sleeping last couple off nights with windows open and temps in the 50s.

Off to start my day.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My second 5+ km walk this week. :)

luz6p3ltekz6.png

34 flights of stairs (up and down)
    1.5 km of running and another km of walking
    1.5 km of rowing
    Weights
    Pilates

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Ginny- doing it after the heart surgeries i had done it after my divorce,but going to change it up a bit..
    I didnt sleep well but it qas because of the storm..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :'( Ugh, dentist today. Long drive to get there, long appointment, long drive home. I am grateful to have my teeth so I will be cheerful about this.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😸🐵🐶