WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    I have read all but I'm getting into busy period and it's harder to take the time to respond abundantly.

I tracked and kept on track almost all days in past 3 weeks or so exept the day before yesterday, and yesterday evening. But weight hasn't budged yet! :/ I had a work thing at home and we ended up eating together here. The colleague-friend had brought onions and potatoes ( :D ) in case we eat together and I made an omelet and he - some kind of potato stew - when guys cook they are often way heavy on the oil!
    well- no dessert and I didn't have wine. could we be worse. have to run today. long meeting shortly, live, outside of home.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    edited September 2021
    For the newcomers and those of us who have been here a while ... what is your favourite sport or exercise. Here are a few ideas. :)

a50e64dycbs3.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Everyone is wearing masks in public again. DH ordered some from amazon and likes them. I like the masks our friend made for us. <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, GB for nail trims, sample to lab, recycling.
    Bonus: 15 mins grooming Tumble, Post Office, outdoor byob Happy Hour with C, R & T.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi, BiMart, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    3: Let go of self-criticism and speak to yourself kindly: as you would to the pooches or Joe ;)

Kay ((hugs)) what a hard time. So glad you knew to tell them about the oxygen vs Percocet.
    Ginny relieved at the negative test. Brava for staying smoke-free!
    Barbie ((hugs)) and brava for trying to be cheerful about the long dental appointment. (ugh)
    Vicki safe travels! Hope your mini vacation is restful.
    Happy Birthday @NYPhotographer2021 Judy in Northern NY (not NYC) !
    Happy Anniversary to Rebecca and her Chief!
    Welcome @LostLenore1970 and @Lina_B2021 ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Rita fingers Xd for today's appointment. Fourth graders, unk. I remember what a terror I was at that age. . .
    Carol fifth grade? I was even worse then. :naughty: Sorry to hear of your Covid exposure. Praying you were able to dodge the virus. Do you take Vitamin D supplements or zinc?
    Beth grateful the knee won’t need surgery, really grateful you insisted on attention and they are dealing with the blood clot. Scary stuff.
    Michele :laugh: Halelujah! Now that Vince is going for a walk, maybe Joe will get back on his bicycle? Is there a star in the east?
    Kim ((hugs)) for your nephew. :cry:
    Allie ((hugs)) know as a mom you’re worried about Tracy and Dan (and Tal), but please put some energy into caring for yourself.
    Annie lovely ride!
    Machka thanks for the yoga poses reminder. Such simple things to do for such great benefit.
    Heather thank you for the recap of your journey. The proof is in the carrying of tea things up narrow stairs over uneven groundcloths without touching freshly painted walls. Bravissima!

Lovely happy hour, socially distanced at a picnic table overlooking the sea. Lots of healing laughter. Great gals.

Time to snooze,
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 2, weigh/wii: 2/0/0; steps>7222=6166 vits=2, log=2, CI<CO=2, CI<250<CO=1, Tumble=2, Shadow=2, mfp=2, outside=2, up hill=2, clean 10=0.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=, Wed:TC=1, PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=1, Sat:PW=, rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5: 9/12: 9/19: 9/26: 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:1, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    For the newcomers and those of us who have been here a while ... what are your favourite sports or exercises. Here are a few ideas. :)

a50e64dycbs3.png

Machka in Oz

Sports I enjoy or have enjoyed. And there are a few others I would like to add to the list. :)

gvenr10s6sza.png

Machka in Oz

Sports Exercises Wordmap
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    edited September 2021
    Bravo Barbie! Courage is feeling the fear and doing it anyway. <3

The painter has finished! Fabulous job and ridiculously cheap. Nicest man ever. I have provisionally booked him for next August to finish the landing and top stairs. DH said he might ask him earlier and pay for it if he can fit us in in the winter. I think DH must have taken our recent argument to heart as he offered to pay for the whole thing! :o<3 I insisted on paying the third I promised for this time.
    He always seems to need a bit of time for things to sink in. He is a good man.

We moved the furniture back and put a different painting up. It all looks so lovely we don't want to cover the walls with pictures.
    Then I watered the geraniums, and swept the front porch and the garden path! It's amazing what a visitor will do for you. :p
    Now just to get the curry started before I set off.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Heather love your entry!
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Hi All. We just returned from 18 days of vacation, most of which was completely offline. That part was nice. The few pounds gained was not nice.

However, because my knee didn't heel, I need to try something else to get it working again. So, I am in the market for an indoor exercise bike. For those who have them, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Tina in CA
  • Machka9
    edited September 2021
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Hi All. We just returned from 18 days of vacation, most of which was completely offline. That part was nice. The few pounds gained was not nice.

However, because my knee didn't heel, I need to try something else to get it working again. So, I am in the market for an indoor exercise bike. For those who have them, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Tina in CA

I use a real bicycle on a trainer. :) Our next move will likely be getting smart trainers ... eventually.

But if I were going for something that is not a real bicycle, I'd get a spin bike. Not a stationary bike but one that "rides" like a fixed gear. A proper spin bike.

M in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    Getting up at 3:30 am! Aaack!
    Rebecca
    At doctors appointment for husband..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    trtz3zzx56ga.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie – I am delighted that you survived your visit to the dentist. I hope your next visit is less stressful. Last year our neighbor recommended a dentist that is within walking distance of our house. We drive there in bad weather but walk if it is nice. We are very happy with her work. :star:

Heather – Your entryway is lovely. I particularly like the stained-glass in your front door and side lights. The stained-glass hanging light is also delightful. :heart:

Tina – We have two terra-trykes in the garage on trainers. (No car enters our garage because it is full.) The front wheels are locked and the back wheel does the work of exercise. The gym where I go has stationary bikes that track calories. I like to ride for about a half an hour. :smiley:

Rebecca – I hope your DH is doing well. How long does it take to get there from Whidbey Island? :flowerforyou:

Our weather this morning is lovely. Have a great day!

Katla
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member

Thanks!

Tina in CA

I use a real bicycle on a trainer. :) Our next move will likely be getting smart trainers ... eventually.

But if I were going for something that is not a real bicycle, I'd get a spin bike. Not a stationary bike but one that "rides" like a fixed gear. A proper spin bike.

M in Oz

I would get a trainer for my bike, but the bike is big and heavy and I want something quieter that is easy to move around. Someday, I'm hoping to make a little "gym" area in the house, but it likely won't be soon.

Tina in CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie – I am delighted that you survived your visit to the dentist. I hope your next visit is less stressful. Last year our neighbor recommended a dentist that is within walking distance of our house. We drive there in bad weather but walk if it is nice. We are very happy with her work. :star:

Heather – Your entryway is lovely. I particularly like the stained-glass in your front door and side lights. The stained-glass hanging light is also delightful. :heart:

Tina – We have two terra-trykes in the garage on trainers. (No car enters our garage because it is full.) The front wheels are locked and the back wheel does the work of exercise. The gym where I go has stationary bikes that track calories. I like to ride for about a half an hour. :smiley:

Rebecca – I hope your DH is doing well. How long does it take to get there from Whidbey Island? :flowerforyou:

Our weather this morning is lovely. Have a great day!

Katla

We left at 4:15 am then before we got off the island, our check tires light went off. So it was looking for gas stations with air. On our second one we scored. It was only 49' so the wheels just needed more air. We arrived UW of Medicine hospital at about 6:15 am. Only had to wait for 15 minutes until we could start all the testing. Done by 8 am and now we wait, until 12 to have lunch, then main appointment is at 2 pm. Lee's in the car sleeping and will come fetch me at 12 noon. I'm in a comfy chair, never can sleep in our car. I end up just watching him sleep!
    Long day! Husband is doing great though.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Machka9

Thanks!

Tina in CA

M in Oz

I would get a trainer for my bike, but the bike is big and heavy and I want something quieter that is easy to move around. Someday, I'm hoping to make a little "gym" area in the house, but it likely won't be soon.

Tina in CA

I use one of my older road bicycles on my trainer. It's not that comfy outside but works well inside.