WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Lisa, lucky for that man that your daughter showed up when she did, or that story would have had a totally different ending! She demonstrated good leadership and has obviously had good training.
    Machka, thank you so much for reminding me of the two stretches! The inner thigh stretch I've been doing a lot, but lately my hip has been bothering me and the quad stretches haven't helped (usual cause of my hip pain is tight quads). I tried the other stretch you showed and my hip feels so much better now! I do have to remember to incorporate that into my routine.
    Allie, do stay safe! I hope that your daughter and son in law can find some help for Taliah. I wonder is it possible that she's being bullied? That seems to be happening so much these days, not quite sure why kids think that's cool....
    Rebecca, your sister's dog just looks like such a sweetheart!
    As usual, many more I wanted to comment on, but it's getting late and the memory grows dim.... lol.
    Two days of tracking my food and managing to stay under calories, just under, but that's okay.
    Our new bed is not as comfy as I had hoped it would be, although the salesman did warn us that it needed a good month to get broken in. I hope I don't break before it does.... I must be patient, not my strong suit.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

my mom felt the same way about her bed at first but after about a week, she started to really like it. Now she is so happy she bought it.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    This month my goals are simple. Walk the path of an OMADer. Eating between 12 noon and 4 pm. Today husband is having his main meal with me at noon too. Chicken with rice. Then he has something light in the dinner hour. He lost 7 lbs the month of August because he ate like that. (Men). They can change brands of toothpaste and lose weight!

Cheers to us this month! May we conquer whatever tasks, and goals we set!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

That's how I grew up eating - main meal at noon, something light around 6 pm - and my family (mother, father, brother and me) were slender little rails.

There is a theory that if you eat your main meal earlier (like noonish), instead of sitting down and relaxing in the evening before going to bed like we might do with a late dinner, we tend to be more active through the afternoon and might burn it off more efficiently. It might also provide more energy for the afternoon activities.

I don't know if that's true or not - it's a theory. :)

These days, the number of calories I consume at lunch and the number I consume at dinner aren't hugely different, usually.

M in Oz

My choir director ate his main meal in the morning, then a snack in the evening. He had more energy than any other adult I knew. He had a ZIP about him, and he lived to a ripe old age of 90.
    I know with me I just feel better when I go to bed kinda empty. I sleep deeper, like my body sucks at multi tasking, so either it processes food, or it sleeps, but do both, forget about it!

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

I am just the opposite of you- I can NOT sleep if I am hungry. I will either lay there or wake up felling so hungry that I have to get something, even if it is a few crackers or, my go to, is a spoon full of peanut butter. Do that and then can go back to sleep.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family 1/2 way, jog back solo- 56.18min, 24elev, 4/22ap, 104ahr, 158mhr, 3.98mi+ 391c
    Strava app= 48c
    Zwift home spin bike- 3hrs 13min 59sec, 514elev, 129aw, 62arpm, 109ahr, 142mhr, 21.14amph, 65.1mi= 1092c
    Zwift app= 1441c

Total cal 1483

Got about 150 miles to catch 1st place if he doesn’t ride anymore.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    This month my goals are simple. Walk the path of an OMADer. Eating between 12 noon and 4 pm. Today husband is having his main meal with me at noon too. Chicken with rice. Then he has something light in the dinner hour. He lost 7 lbs the month of August because he ate like that. (Men). They can change brands of toothpaste and lose weight!

Cheers to us this month! May we conquer whatever tasks, and goals we set!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

That's how I grew up eating - main meal at noon, something light around 6 pm - and my family (mother, father, brother and me) were slender little rails.

There is a theory that if you eat your main meal earlier (like noonish), instead of sitting down and relaxing in the evening before going to bed like we might do with a late dinner, we tend to be more active through the afternoon and might burn it off more efficiently. It might also provide more energy for the afternoon activities.

I don't know if that's true or not - it's a theory. :)

These days, the number of calories I consume at lunch and the number I consume at dinner aren't hugely different, usually.

M in Oz

My choir director ate his main meal in the morning, then a snack in the evening. He had more energy than any other adult I knew. He had a ZIP about him, and he lived to a ripe old age of 90.
    I know with me I just feel better when I go to bed kinda empty. I sleep deeper, like my body sucks at multi tasking, so either it processes food, or it sleeps, but do both, forget about it!

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

I am just the opposite of you- I can NOT sleep if I am hungry. I will either lay there or wake up felling so hungry that I have to get something, even if it is a few crackers or, my go to, is a spoon full of peanut butter. Do that and then can go back to sleep.

I read up on autophagy, and my empty feeling takes on a whole new meaning! By the time I wake up my body has started to "recycle" bits and pieces in my system. Its like I'm a self cleaning oven! So that alone helps me get over the hunger pangs I feel. Each person is unique, and you do what works for you.👍💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Well Tracy and Kyle had the meeting with the counselor she said Kyle did most of the talking but she said it went well,I asked if it there is anything i can do havent heard anything.havent heard from dan either but he might still be at work.
    Usually this is the weekend we would have gone up to the cottage for the labor day weekend.but its not to be.. I get a text once in awhile from Sean and thats about it Saterday he turns 56.. without dad here and with covid I think its just not gonna happen,so glad ill have those couple days up the road from there anyway.. going out with the girls for a little bit in a few minutes for dinner..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely horseback riding lesson with Henry. We did two circles at a trot, one lousy, then one beautiful. His trot was a little fast in this gorgeous weather, so I had some practice at slowing him down. I had a lot of fun.

Next is cooking dinner for my parents, then dumbbells.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie. As usual, I'm a bit behind. 😂
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Thanks Barbie. As usual, I'm a bit behind. 😂

I wanna bitty behind too. That's why I'm here.😁😂👍💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Nnnnnn
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Carol in GA-sorry your son is positive. Being careful is a good idea. I believe he could have been contagious 2-3 days before symptoms so if he had no way of knowing, and has been vaccinated, not much else he could have done.

Beth-good news that no surgery is done-sorry you have a clot to worry about.

Michele in Fl- I have been CPR certified off and on over the years. Not certified in the compression only method but have read about it and would feel comfortable using if I was the only one available.

Heather UK-I understand the nerves in seeing your son. I had not seen my Arizona kids since Christmas 2019 when I flew out in July this year-I was racing off the plane.

Rebecca- I treasure your sense of humor!

Full day at work today. First day in over a week without a sinus headache so that is great. Went for an hour walk after dinner. Am doing a much better job tracking food since quitting smoking. Put on jeans this am that definitely feel better-I will get the 10 lbs off before the New Year (hopefully sooner but I won't beat myself up.

Need to go get bed made before the Ohio State game comes on-I love football!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Ginny- go Buckeyes....
    Im back from a nice night out...im tired
    But the fresh air is wonderful , well my friends had there baby. Easton he is a cutie,so there is a Asher and an Easton.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Hugs Ginny!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    <3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Barbara, a month does seem a long time to break in a bed, but we do have a 100 night comfort guarantee, so if after 90 days we're not happy, we can get a different bed. I'm pretty sure this one is going to work for us, I can feel a bit of give every now and then, lol. And we have used their guarantee before, all we had to pay was the delivery charge, which was only about $50, if I remember correctly.
    Heather, I hope you have a wonderful visit with your son! I haven't seen our younger son for two years now, seems like forever tho..... Probably won't see him until next spring and that depends on Covid numbers....

Well, looks like this is going to be a really quick pop-in as that's all I can remember....
    Eating kind of fell off the rails a bit today, and I haven't tracked dinner yet. I really should do that, if only to see how bad the damage is. Other than that, it was a good day.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island