WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi.
    Bonus: walk in AzP, Freddie’s.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, BiMart, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    4: Plan a fun or relaxing activity and make time for it: hot tub after dog group.

Brr. 50 F and foggy for T’ai Chi this morning. Took the whole hour for my hands to warm up, even though wearing gloves.

Heather, lovely, just lovely!
    Barbie sounds like just the right prescription, but you forgot to mention snuggling with dogs… ;)
    Tina thanks for posting was wondering where you were. Sorry to hear about the knee. :cry:
    Rebecca 3am? Aack indeed! Fingers X’d for the appointment.
    Beth your “equally true” spoke to me too.
    Allie those labor day weekend celebrations were wonderful. No wonder missing it this year hurts your heart. ((hugs))
    Pip over 100 miles tomorrow? WOW!
    Tracey :love: the grands.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 3, weigh/wii: 3/0/0; steps>7222=7918 vits=3, log=3, CI<CO=3, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=3, Shadow=3, mfp=3, outside=4, up hill=3, clean 10=0.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=, Wed:TC=1, PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=1, Sat:PW=, rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5: 9/12: 9/19: 9/26: 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:1, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,931 Member
    went to another park and walked for 90 min with a friend- feet are hurting some but otherwise feel good. Need to figure out a little dinner-at 760 cal. for the day so far. I wish she was available to walk more often like we used to.
    I miss getting out and moving while catching up.

Debbie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Rebecca - very long day, waiting around is the worst. Happy to read Lee had a good report.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    We had a long conversation with our son today. He was at home with our grandson. DDIL was out for a girls day with good friends. We talked about a visit to them. At this time the Corona Virus is more active in their area than we expected.
    l
    We have been planning to visit them to babysit our grandson while DDIL & our son are in the hospital for the birth. Corona Virus there seems to be worrisome. We will have to make decisions as things develop this fall. We think the new baby will be born some time in November. Keeping my fingers crossed & praying that everything goes well.

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Allie,

The more exquisitely wonderful the memories, the more exquisitely we feel the loss. I am both sorry for your current pain and glad for your amazing memories of times past. (((Hugs)))

Heather,

Love love love the photo of exuberant grown up son in Hove.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Action for Happiness Calendar

"This month's theme: Self Care September

Self-care isn't selfish, it's essential. No-one's perfect. But so often we compare our insides to other people's outsides. This month we're encouraging everyone to be kinder to themselves (as well as others), especially when things go wrong. Self-care increases our resilience and helps us get more out of life. It also helps us accept others as they are too."
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/self-care-september
    9r22a3mytq39.png

Machka in Oz

ijeb6gg890wx.png

We did!

We went to the 150th anniversary of Tasmanian railways to look at (and ride) the trains and models. :)

And then we exercised ... I cycled inside and ran on the treadmill.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    <3
  • Katla49
    Allie - Getting involved with the senior center might be a good idea. I have a friend who delivers meals on wheels for our local senior center a couple of days a week. My neighbor did the same until her health put a stop to it. People in our community are wearing masks in public and socializing is generally outdoors with appropriate social distancing.
  • Machka9
    s0e5ecgmiozq.png

Not the recipe tutorials for me, but ... read a book, go for a walk or bicycle ride, visit the beach, take photos ...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi.
    Bonus: walk in AzP, Freddie’s.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, BiMart, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    4: Plan a fun or relaxing activity and make time for it: hot tub after dog group.

Brr. 50 F and foggy for T’ai Chi this morning. Took the whole hour for my hands to warm up, even though wearing gloves.

Heather, lovely, just lovely!
    Barbie sounds like just the right prescription, but you forgot to mention snuggling with dogs… ;)
    Tina thanks for posting was wondering where you were. Sorry to hear about the knee. :cry:
    Rebecca 3am? Aack indeed! Fingers X’d for the appointment.
    Beth your “equally true” spoke to me too.
    Allie those labor day weekend celebrations were wonderful. No wonder missing it this year hurts your heart. ((hugs))
    Pip over 100 miles tomorrow? WOW!
    Tracey :love: the grands.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 3, weigh/wii: 3/0/0; steps>7222=7918 vits=3, log=3, CI<CO=3, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=3, Shadow=3, mfp=3, outside=4, up hill=3, clean 10=0.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=, Wed:TC=1, PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=1, Sat:PW=, rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5: 9/12: 9/19: 9/26: 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:1, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

I’ve done it once, it’s gonna b a long day
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :)Allie, looking at the Senior Center for activity and companionship sounds like a great idea. I used to dance at a Senior Center and saw all the happy people and the activity schedule. You're bound to find something you like to do and people you'll enjoy being with.

:'( Right now my line dance class is on hiatus because of Covid restrictions (we can't dance in masks, and masks are necessary indoors in groups), but many other activities continue.

<3Katla, That is disturbing news about Covid possibly creating a problem for your trip to welcome your new grandchild.

:) I got the newsletter from our local Project Linus chapter. The chapter has received over 1300 quilted and knitted blankets so far in 2021

:)Heather, what a happy picture of your son.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 96 Member
    :*
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😊
  • Machka9
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    1st place has been saving up his rides and made one big entry. He is now at 2069.63 … that means I have 300.54 miles now that I have to do before this coming Wednesday to catch up to him. Ugh…I could do it if I rode 100 miles for today, Sunday and Monday but do I want to?? I dunno…. Sad face sore butt.

Would that all be inside?

I've done heaps of 100 mile days outside but I don't know if I'd have the motivation to do it inside!!

Machka in Oz