Less Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @lilawolf - Congrats on the new job! Are you moving closer to where you want to live? Packing and moving is a total pain ... good luck and hope that you get settled in quickly.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 18 last month, I have had as much as 23 a few times.
    Being here with y'all gives me the accountability that I need and want.
    I was a daily drinker at one time, and gradually moved it to my current goal which I have been able to uphold for quite some time.
    I have no intention of becoming an abstainer. I enjoy my drinks, just less often, kind of like I have done with certain fattening foods.
    I do plan my drinks days for the most part, but usually it is my schedule that dictates that. Trying not to have drinks when I work the following day.
    Diary style is how I like to keep track here.

Sunday September 26 - AF - Next planned drinks day is Friday. Busy week ahead. Hit my 16 : - )
    Monday September 27 - AF - Seem to have lost that post, can't remember what I might have said.
    Tuesday September 28 - AF - Working splits, quite tired.

Rolling Total - 18AF days out of 28 days.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Sept 1-2 = AF
    Sept 3-5= 3 glasses of wine each
    Sept 6-7 = 3 glasses of wine each
    Sept 8-9 = AF planned
    Sept 10-12= 3 glasses of wine each
    Sept 13-14= AF
    Sept 15-16= AF
    Sept 17-18 = 3 glasses of wine each
    Sept 19-22= AF
    Sept 23-25= 3 glasses of wine each
    Sept 26-29= AF
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    So I purchased some AF Whiskey yesterday and will try it in the next few days. I really hope I like it.

Thank you @MissMay for your commitment to keep this thread going each month

Today I spent most of the day helping my mother and will get her set up with a new phone tomorrow....

@Lilylady3k I can't thank you enough for your post on Live for your Children.

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Just in case you were missing all my positive, fuzzy feeling quotes I like to post:

q4hbn5jah5hn.jpg

I love this and totally believe it :)
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Friends, I am going away on my hiking trip. See you all in a few weeks hopefully with good pix and good stories. My adult kids are living in my house and in charge and that is scary! Let's hope for the best.

My goal during vacation is to limit drinking time to dinner. When food is done, drinks stop. 2 is the target.

@lilawolf - guess what? Never in my life did I not eat until 3pm. Yet today I did! My appetite turned off. I was fine! Thank you for showing me that these things are possible. And as @MissMay has stated, it's all in what the mind believes. Truth speaks.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @Tito_Tim - I agree I did not lose weight for my kids when they were young. But now I'm trying to be healthy and mobile. I am doing this for me this time ... losing weight.
    But you know the less alcohol ... I think I'm doing it for them as well as me. I don't want to be that alcoholic grandmother that I had when I was growing up. :)

Selfish is not a bad thing! Good luck with efforts!
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    AF this evening! Made my 12 ... though it was steak night and DH opened a nice red wine (I passed). Feeling good about my choice this evening.

September accountability: 12/29 days AF
    Alcohol: 17 days (34 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 18 last month, I have had as much as 23 a few times.
    Being here with y'all gives me the accountability that I need and want.
    I was a daily drinker at one time, and gradually moved it to my current goal which I have been able to uphold for quite some time.
    I have no intention of becoming an abstainer. I enjoy my drinks, just less often, kind of like I have done with certain fattening foods.
    I do plan my drinks days for the most part, but usually it is my schedule that dictates that. Trying not to have drinks when I work the following day.
    Diary style is how I like to keep track here.

Sunday September 26 - AF - Next planned drinks day is Friday. Busy week ahead. Hit my 16 : - )
    Monday September 27 - AF - Seem to have lost that post, can't remember what I might have said.
    Tuesday September 28 - AF - Working splits, quite tired.
    Wednesday September 29 - AF - Up late but still waking up too early. Trying to adjust. A drink or two would have been nice, but my planned day is Friday, so I didn't. Hitting 20AF days will be good : - )

Rolling Total - 19AF days out of 29 days.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Link to October Less Alcohol thread....please join us over there. Hugs to you all.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10845147/less-alcohol-october-2021-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    September 2021
    September accountability: 13/30 days AF
    Alcohol: 17 days (34 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

9/1 - 1 wine
    9/2 - AF
    9/3 - 2 wine
    9/4 - 2.5 drinks <1/2 glass beer @ lunch after hiking in Austin TX + 2 glasses wine with dinner
    9/5 - 2 wine
    9/6 - AF
    9/7 - AF
    9/8 - AF
    9/9 - 1.5 bottles of Michelob Ultra @ fishing camp 🎣
    9/10 - 2 glasses of wine @ fishing camp 🎣
    9/11 - AF @ fishing camp 🎣
    9/12 - AF
    9/13 - AF
    9/14 - 1 wine
    9/15 - 📚2 margaritas
    9/16 - 2 wine