Less Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    lisaj5227 wrote: »
    I drank a fifth every night, packed on 80 pounds because of it, was malnourished, food didn’t appeal to me, but would eat whatever just because I felt I should eat something,I,m 62 and I was dying slowly, I stopped March 15 2021 cold turkey and haven’t had a drop since and I don’t miss it either, the thought of alcohol makes me shudder. Honestly, I can’t explain it, but I think I’m over the hurdle I have lost 26lbs and feel so much better I can take walks now and exercise, I can see the beauty in everything now started meditating 3 mo ago and it has done me so much good, I shake off all the negativity during those sessions. I know it’s hard to take that first step, so many times I tried, but it’s possible.

I’m so happy for you! What an amazing transformation, body and soul!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    Last evening was my first alcohol in 29 days.
    (YES I count and it is NOT a burden to do so)

Made a chocolate coconut martini at home, sat on my deck contemplating what more new normal in life will be with the void I now have to fill.
    ONE DRINK ONLY. No desires for that sneaky second, third or fourth.

Golden rule I need to stick to. ***No consecutive days of alcoholic drinks. So while I am away starting tomorrow I will take the LYRE'S NON ALCOHOLIC spirits with me.

Big drinkers going to be with us on Friday. I will need to be on my game as they go into every nook and cranny bar they see to have one and then rinse -repeat all day long. By the time the concert starts "she" (not me) will be a total one eye closed mess.

September's accountability:
    13AF
    1A

• LolaBearyPie
    LolaBearyPie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Goals: AF Monday-Thursday; no more than 15 oz wine when do decide to indulge. Beginning today!
  • stealthchess
    stealthchess Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm going to set a goal of no drinking at home and limit to 2 beverages when eating out. I'm having trouble cutting back so I appreciate the support the forum provides.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    So happy to see so many new faces! @lisaj5227 , @RealFoodDee , @LolaBearyPie @stealthchess The support here is wonderful. For me they all have been there for my good, bad and ugly days. Can't wait to hear more about you and your journeys.

I have not have a great 1/2 month so far but not bad either. Yes I have had my alcohol, however.....I have kept it to one shot after working the 12 hour shifts so I could sleep well and be refreshed. Today is my last day off before the next run of long hours. I have planned to continue to moderate. Something that was unheard of for me 6 months ago.

I will start to concentrate on AF once the fair is done. Baby Steps, just baby steps. I want this new lifestyle to 'stick' I don't want to feel I am 'missing out' and so far it is working. March - July were terrific and I am working my way back to 'terrific' again. The journey and struggle is always real but the support here is even better!!!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    September accountability:
    1st Sept - 15th Sept – AF
    I found some AF margarita’s and some AF malt and cola cans which I bought. I think the brand is Naked Life? But only 5 cals a can. I haven’t tried them yet but looking forward to doing so.
    I’m going really well with being AF for this month and just feel so much better for it. I had a lovely beach walk yesterday and even saw a beautiful dolphin playing in sea close to shore and followed him all the way on my walk. I didn’t take a picture because I was too caught up in watching him but I did take a photo of the beach afterwards. It was a beautiful day.

I love that you didn't lose the moment trying to take a picture of the dolphin. What a lovely beach pic. Let us know if the 5 cal margs are any good. I am....suspicious.