Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY @dawnbgethealthy. 🍹🎂
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi @MissMay, curious if you have a short-list of places you are interested in moving to?

@lilawolf, the best I could do with intermittent fasting is not eat until 9-10 am and exercise fasted and I do that about 5 days a week. I really tried not eating until lunch and could but two bad things happened, one was my wrinkles showed fast and I started looking old (I was skipping my morning 5 egg whites which my skin and muscles appreciate)...and secondly, I tended to over-indulge in the late afternoon because my eating "window" was 12-5. It was an all-you-can-eat period and my drinking behavior kicked in too.

Everybody is different but I have always been that personality type that whenever I go through any long "abstinence" period of any type, it typically follows with months of "over-indulgence". I wonder if it's genetics and the body's natural way to get back to where it was before, but for sure it wrecked my AF progress.

Now I am practicing moderation and I like it. 2 pinot grigios last night and no eating after 6pm.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    A late morning hello....

@globalhiker we know we want to be out of any snow regions. Arizona has always been my first choice. Our plan is to get a motorhome and travel our hearts out. First and foremost is selling what we have here. So we are kinda winging it at the moment.

@lmlmrn no idea about an air brush.. I used to use one when I decorated wedding cakes. But the same thing would happen and peeve me off, so I trashed it. Oh that is a scary incident with the fake bills. SOME PEOPLE can be so rotten to have to cheat their way into a fair.

@ lilylady3 feeling better now I hope?

@Womona we've come a long way......baby. Give that challenge a go and if you have a drink with a good meal let that be an option, it is never a fail.

AF last night with a LYRE'S coffee non alcoholic drink. Everyone that saw them on the get a way wanted to try them because the bottles and labels are so beautiful.
    They backed off when they found out they were alcohol free. It would have been a waste of LYRE'S to have them mix it and then toss it out(at $35.00 a bottle) So yup I hid them. Hee hee

Happy first day of Fall here in the Northeast part of the United States.
    🍁
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 18 last month, I have had as much as 23 a few times.
    Being here with y'all gives me the accountability that I need and want.
    I was a daily drinker at one time, and gradually moved it to my current goal which I have been able to uphold for quite some time.
    I have no intention of becoming an abstainer. I enjoy my drinks, just less often, kind of like I have done with certain fattening foods.
    I do plan my drinks days for the most part, but usually it is my schedule that dictates that. Trying not to have drinks when I work the following day.
    Diary style is how I like to keep track here.

Monday September 20 - Champagne and Grand Marnier. Driving back home Tuesday, next planned drinks day is Saturday eve.
    Tuesday September 21 - 2 drinks, not planned. Back home now.

Rolling Total - 12AF days out of 21 days.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Sept 1-2 = AF
    Sept 3-5= 3 glasses of wine each
    Sept 6-7 = 3 glasses of wine each
    Sept 8-9 = AF planned
    Sept 10-12= 3 glasses of wine each
    Sept 13-14= AF
    Sept 15-16= AF
    Sept 17-18 = 3 glassed of wine each
    Sept 19-22= AF
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @MissMay - I'm well and back to mostly normal Tuesday and Wednesday. My sister is a elementary school teacher ... she was at our home Friday night and had been exposed to Covid but tested negative. Then Tuesday she found out she was exposed again. It is worrisome ... you never know if it is a cold or being in contact with Covid. But we are all good ... so far. I'm starting to wonder if I need to back off the number of times I see her since she is definitely in a high risk environment. She is vaccinated, we are vaccinated but some of the people/teachers are not and of course none of the kids at her school.
    Moving on but it is mentally hard when you have a bad day.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    @MissMay - I'm well and back to mostly normal Tuesday and Wednesday. My sister is a elementary school teacher ... she was at our home Friday night and had been exposed to Covid but tested negative. Then Tuesday she found out she was exposed again. It is worrisome ... you never know if it is a cold or being in contact with Covid. But we are all good ... so far. I'm starting to wonder if I need to back off the number of times I see her since she is definitely in a high risk environment. She is vaccinated, we are vaccinated but some of the people/teachers are not and of course none of the kids at her school.
    Moving on but it is mentally hard when you have a bad day.

Worrisome indeed! Even though we are vaccinated, we can still contract it and shed it.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 18 last month, I have had as much as 23 a few times.
    Being here with y'all gives me the accountability that I need and want.
    I was a daily drinker at one time, and gradually moved it to my current goal which I have been able to uphold for quite some time.
    I have no intention of becoming an abstainer. I enjoy my drinks, just less often, kind of like I have done with certain fattening foods.
    I do plan my drinks days for the most part, but usually it is my schedule that dictates that. Trying not to have drinks when I work the following day.
    Diary style is how I like to keep track here.

Monday September 20 - Champagne and Grand Marnier. Driving back home Tuesday, next planned drinks day is Saturday eve.
    Tuesday September 21 - 2 drinks, not planned. Back home now.
    Wednesday September 22 - AF - Time to rack up at least a few. Planned drinks for Saturday so far, but I don't yet know my schedule for Sunday forward, so we'll see.

Rolling Total - 13AF days out of 22 days.