Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time 🍁

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    xrj22 wrote: »
    Not sure what my goal is. A part of me is saying that drinking socially is fine and has never caused problems for me. Another part of me is saying that I truly think the world would be better off without alcohol in it, and the way for me to live my beliefs is not to drink at all. One thing I know for sure is that drinking alone at home is pointless. It just keeps me from doing anything productive, and means that I wake up the next morning feeling lousy, and don't exercise.

I absolutely agree that drinking home alone is pointless. Productivity takes a huge nosedive! And for what? Eating leftovers with a glass of wine in front of the TV? Or is that just me? Haha!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    @Womona
    Cutting out so many things at once is quite a challenge!

Yes, the Honda Fit is going to fit my lifestyle perfectly. I picked it up during my break and then went back to work. It was dark when I left work and didn't know where anything was, touched a button and opened the sun roof somehow lol. I have never had heated seats before, so that will be fun : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary style

Friday Oct 01 - Drinks
    Saturday Oct 02 - AF - Planned drinks this week: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (Thanksgiving weekend here)
    Sunday Oct 03 - AF - Working 4 days of splits, so added incentive to not be feeling potentially yucky or not sharp from drinks
    Monday Oct 04 - AF - Trading in my newest car, I had told the dealer what I wanted and to keep a look out for any trade-ins matching my criteria. He found me one today, I test drove it during my break and will go tomorrow during my break to do all of the paperwork. Honda Fit. Fit is right, fits perfectly with my lifestyle of carrying my x-country skis, snowshoes, skates etc. Very happy, but did not have a celebratory drink : - )
    Tuesday Oct 05 - 2 drinks, not planned, but I don't regret it. I was too tired to have any willpower maybe.

Rolling total - 3AF day out of 5 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Diary style

Friday Oct 01 - Drinks
    Saturday Oct 02 - AF - Planned drinks this week: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (Thanksgiving weekend here)
    Sunday Oct 03 - AF - Working 4 days of splits, so added incentive to not be feeling potentially yucky or not sharp from drinks
    Monday Oct 04 - AF - Trading in my newest car, I had told the dealer what I wanted and to keep a look out for any trade-ins matching my criteria. He found me one today, I test drove it during my break and will go tomorrow during my break to do all of the paperwork. Honda Fit. Fit is right, fits perfectly with my lifestyle of carrying my x-country skis, snowshoes, skates etc. Very happy, but did not have a celebratory drink : - )
    Tuesday Oct 05 - 2 drinks, not planned, but I don't regret it. I was too tired to have any willpower maybe.
    Wednesday Oct 05 - 2 drinks - Designated drinks day. Having drinks yesterday apparently did not stop me. 3 drinks used to be my go to (more than that and i puke) but 2 seems to now bring me to that spot. I see some of you that can have just 1 drink. I think that I am of the mindset now that if I am going to have a drinks day that I want to feel the effect, that warm relaxed place. Heading into one of the Canadian eating (and drinking) holidays, Thanksgiving starting Friday. Plan to be AF tomorrow.

Rolling total - 3AF day out of 6 days.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    What is the ONE most important reason you want to cut back on alcohol in your life?

Strictly cosmetic for me. It's not doing my waistline any favors.

Fantastic reason to cut back
  • MissMay
    Options
    Diary style

Friday Oct 01 - Drinks
    Wednesday Oct 05 - 2 drinks - Designated drinks day. Having drinks yesterday apparently did not stop me. 3 drinks used to be my go to (more than that and i puke) but 2 seems to now bring me to that spot. I see some of you that can have just 1 drink. I think that I am of the mindset now that if I am going to have a drinks day that I want to feel the effect, that warm relaxed place. Heading into one of the Canadian eating (and drinking) holidays, Thanksgiving starting Friday. Plan to be AF tomorrow.

Rolling total - 3AF day out of 6 days.

Congrats on your new car. That must be exciting. Now I will have to keep an eye for one on the road. What color did you get?
  • MissMay
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    What is the ONE most important reason you want to cut back on alcohol in your life?

I’m worried what so much alcohol every week is doing to me physically.

Indeed a huge reason to want to cut back.
  • MissMay
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    4 days in a row AF

👍👍👍
  • MissMay
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    It’s official. Being AF is much easier than not eating bread!

We know you can do this!
  • MissMay
    Options
    loftus4827 wrote: »
    So glad I found this! As of the last couple months my drinking has insidiously been increasing and becoming a habit. I know it's not good for my health and need to change

Welcome to our group. Make sure you check out our page one intro with lots of helpful tips.
  • MissMay
    Options
    xrj22 wrote: »
    Not sure what my goal is. A part of me is saying that drinking socially is fine and has never caused problems for me. Another part of me is saying that I truly think the world would be better off without alcohol in it, and the way for me to live my beliefs is not to drink at all. One thing I know for sure is that drinking alone at home is pointless. It just keeps me from doing anything productive, and means that I wake up the next morning feeling lousy, and don't exercise.

Welcome to our group. Make sure you check out our page one intro with lots of helpful tips.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Thanks for the check in @lilylady3. Hope your enjoying.

And @globalhiker to on her two week get a way.