Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time šŸ

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    So one thing I noticed in this past few weeks, is that I started having the mentality its just a beer... but its still alcohol, so have stopped using that justification.. AF means AF... :#

So true. That is a significant understanding. Alcohol IS alcohol.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    @Womona
    Cutting out so many things at once is quite a challenge!

Yes, the Honda Fit is going to fit my lifestyle perfectly. I picked it up during my break and then went back to work. It was dark when I left work and didn't know where anything was, touched a button and opened the sun roof somehow lol. I have never had heated seats before, so that will be fun : - )

Oh heated seats are the best! I had to laugh out loud at all the button pushing in the dark and getting unexpected results!
  • Womona
    Options
    MissMay wrote: Ā»
    This has always been what my DH calls celebration WEEKS.

It would start on October 2 and go through the 23.
    That is a long time to continue to party and drink and celebrate.

Happy to say I've only had one drink since Oct 2nd. Last night was another night for reminiscing. I had Heineken00, then I had to finish sentences, make excuses and apologies for my over indulged DH. His drinks kept taking drinks, which kept taking drinks.

October 5 accountability:
    1A(1 drink)
    4AF

I feel for you. So sorry you were put in that position. Hugs!!!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    Options
    Husband's coworker and his wife invited us over for a cookout last night. While the other three adults drank alcohol, I just drank water and still enjoyed the conversation and being outdoors. Still sober October!

Funny thing, though, I am not really a vodka drinker but I bought a bottle of Skyy Vodka because I want to do some Pinterest inspired artwork with the bottle. But I noticed these people had a bottle in the trash and a freshly opened one. I'm kicking myself for not taking it out of the trash to bring home and wash but I didn't want them to think I'm weird. This neighbor lady made a tree out of various bottles in her backyard. If all else fails, husband could provide me enough cans for a beer can Christmas tree. šŸ¤£
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,633 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary style

Friday Oct 01 - Drinks
    Saturday Oct 02 - AF - Planned drinks this week: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (Thanksgiving weekend here)
    Sunday Oct 03 - AF - Working 4 days of splits, so added incentive to not be feeling potentially yucky or not sharp from drinks
    Monday Oct 04 - AF - Trading in my newest car, I had told the dealer what I wanted and to keep a look out for any trade-ins matching my criteria. He found me one today, I test drove it during my break and will go tomorrow during my break to do all of the paperwork. Honda Fit. Fit is right, fits perfectly with my lifestyle of carrying my x-country skis, snowshoes, skates etc. Very happy, but did not have a celebratory drink : - )
    Tuesday Oct 05 - 2 drinks, not planned, but I don't regret it. I was too tired to have any willpower maybe.
    Wednesday Oct 06 - 2 drinks - Designated drinks day. Having drinks yesterday apparently did not stop me. 3 drinks used to be my go to (more than that and i puke) but 2 seems to now bring me to that spot. I see some of you that can have just 1 drink. I think that I am of the mindset now that if I am going to have a drinks day that I want to feel the effect, that warm relaxed place. Heading into one of the Canadian eating (and drinking) holidays, Thanksgiving starting Friday. Plan to be AF tomorrow.
    Thursday Oct 06 - AF - Going out to a (new) Jamaican restaurant with a friend who also loves Jamaican food. Hard to believe we got that in this little place! Their cocktail menu looks interesting. We may have drinks, but I am most interested to try their version of Jerk Chicken. Saturday begins days of turkey dinners and festivities.

Rolling total - 4AF day out of 7 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Congrats on your new car. That must be exciting. Now I will have to keep an eye for one on the road. What color did you get?

Red : - )
    Thanks for asking :)

79saky4kuqr0.png

bd60k4jpkb04.png

Brand new snow tires. I have had similar cars to this in the past, they are great in the snow.
    I will just have to learn how to work everything in it lol.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Womona

I thought of you today when I was having a tomato sandwich!
    I really only eat bread once my tomatoes start ripening, and I eat one every day until they are finished.
    Glad that I am not doing the challenge that you are doing right now. How long does it run for?
  • Womona
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy the challenge is for three weeks. Itā€™s the 21 Day Sugar Detox. We offered it to our clients in addition to almost everyone in the office doing it. I work for a chiropractor, BTW.

Cute car! Love the red.

AF again last night, and we didnā€™t do our ā€œwine Thursdayā€ after work. . But for the first time, I was really hankering for a glass! Glad the feeling passed because my weight is down again this morning. My sleep is fantastic too!
  • MissMay
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy LOVE your car and the color is beautiful. ā£
    You sporty 60 something chick
    (Don't push the seat ejection button, lol)
  • MissMay
    Options
    @womona I have not heard this enthusiasm in your voice(post) ever, I don't think.
    It's very Uplifting!
    How is your Son doing during this challenge?
  • MissMay
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @lmlmrn ditto on what you wrote yesterday.
    *We can survive without being daily heavy drinkers.
    *I no longer plead with myself that in exchange for not drinking "today" or "starting as soon as I get out if work" that I will -fill in the blank-.
    *Also going through contacts and trying to bring them back to life after they resemble a cornflake on the counter all night.

Great post.
  • MissMay
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hot mulled cider with a lovely Italian dinner out last night.

I kept reminding the waitress NO ALCOHOL in my cider please.

AF on the 7th
  • MissMay
    Options
    Husband's coworker and his wife invited us over for a cookout last night. While the other three adults drank alcohol, I just drank water and still enjoyed the conversation and being outdoors. Still sober October!

Funny thing, though, I am not really a vodka drinker but I bought a bottle of Skyy Vodka because I want to do some Pinterest inspired artwork with the bottle. But I noticed these people had a bottle in the trash and a freshly opened one. I'm kicking myself for not taking it out of the trash to bring home and wash but I didn't want them to think I'm weird. This neighbor lady made a tree out of various bottles in her backyard. If all else fails, husband could provide me enough cans for a beer can Christmas tree. šŸ¤£

@LoveyChar so what is this artwork on that bottle you want to do? We(@lmlmrn and I) need to know.
  • LoveyChar
    Options

@LoveyChar so what is this artwork on that bottle you want to do? We(@lmlmrn and I) need to know.

Lots of ideas but I like running lights through them, never did it before but my daughter has the tiny Christmas lights in bottles in her bedroom. If I had a way to cut glass, I'd go crazy with different ideas!
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy I like the car, love that it's more environmentally friendly! We have a 2011 Honda Insight (hybrid), been a good car to us.