Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time 🍁

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @globalhiker what a trip you must have had. These photos are gorgeous!!!
    So glad you had a wonderful time.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy that AF rose looks refreshing. Nice label too.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker - Absolutely love your photos! Beautiful.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    I'm in search of the perfect retirement spot and came to the conclusion to stay put in AZ and hopefully when I "fully" retire to have a very small and simple cabin with minimal cost and and maintenance in higher altitude. Even a 1 bed/1 bath with an outdoor area will do. I messed up once having 2 houses and it was just too much stress and work and cost. The ideal lifestyle for us is 7 months or so in AZ and the rest elsewhere. We do have great health care, lots of supermarkets, restaurants and shopping, entertainment and sports venues, a great airport, and very friendly and happy people. Bellingham may be on my radar for my retirement shack or maybe some place in Oregon because both are close to British Columbia and I love coastal pacific in the summer.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,628 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary style

Saturday October 09 - 2 drinks in the afternoon and then went with AF options. Pumpkin Spice Bailey's concoctions. Very delicious and seasonal. Plan to be AF now until Wednesday or Thursday.
    Sunday October 10 - AF - Split shift at work, but it was quiet, as I expect tomorrow will be since it is Thanksgiving and people will be home having Turkey.

Rolling total - 5AF day out of 10 days.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving @dawnbgethealthy.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    Tonight will be a true test of my detox challenge- party for my dragon boat team tonight. I need to have dinner beforehand so I don’t arrive starving and scarf down crackers/ bread, and I hope there are some NA options. If not I’ll probably try for a wine spritzer again if I can get my hands on some seltzer.

Good luck tonight. Keep strong.

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Dry Falls in Highlands NC!
    /quote]
    OMG Lilylady3k, When I took my trip this summer NC I was so impressed. This just confirms it. What part of the state was the picture taken in? We only traveled on the west side of NC, we never made it to the coast

Highlands, NC is the name of the town :)
    Southwest North Carolina
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Sunday I was AF but Monday night I had 1.5 beers to take the "edge" off. Just feeling antsy and can't sit still! Going out for a run now and hopefully that will wear me out and I'll have an easier time today-planned AF.

Bellingham is in Washington, where there is no state income tax. No state tax on Social Security, 401ks, pensions. It could be a good spot to claim "main" residency. I could drive to Oregon for big shopping events (no sales tax) then drive across the border to British Columbia for summer trips. Then just keep the house in AZ for the winters.

Washington state always had the best variety of Indian restaurants too, which is a special treat for me.

Anyone have any input on Sequim, WA? It's always on the list of "sunnier" places in Washington and best places to retire but for some reason just looks way out there on the map.

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,628 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary style

Saturday October 09 - 2 drinks in the afternoon and then went with AF options. Pumpkin Spice Bailey's concoctions. Very delicious and seasonal. Plan to be AF now until Wednesday or Thursday.
    Sunday October 10 - AF - Split shift at work, but it was quiet, as I expect tomorrow will be since it is Thanksgiving and people will be home having Turkey.
    Monday October 11 - AF - Ended up getting the afternoon off and spent 5 hours digging up potatoes - basically until dark. So badly wanted to have a few drinks after, but didn't. My weight is already way up from Thanksgiving foods which I have, since the big feast, been portioning out.

Rolling total - 6AF day out of 11 days.