Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time šŸ

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    Iā€™m new to this page. Iā€™ve been looking at the posts on and off for a while though!

My name is Melissa and Iā€™m 51. Iā€™m trying to lose some weight and alcohol is a huge obstacle in this goal. I also worry about what a habit may doing for my overall health. I drink wine with dinner (and ā€œhappy hourā€ before) regularly. For years, it was about 2.5 glasses a night, but it increased over the pandemic. Otherwise, I lead a pretty healthy lifestyle, exercising regularly and mostly eating healthy.

Iā€™ve been alcohol free for 4 days. Hoping to stay that way for the next 10

Yes, alcohol plays havok with our weight for sure!! Glad that you are joining us, this is such a wonderful group of people here : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @lmlmrn

Perhaps I missed something. What is this new medication that you are on, and is it for the same thing that has been plaguing you for most of this year?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary style

Friday October 15 - AF - A full day off from all jobs, did some harvest cooking and puttered around. It was lovely.
    Saturday October 16 - AF - Monday and Thursday off this coming week, so possibly drinks on Sunday and Wednesday. Split shifts all around those.
    Sunday October 17 - 2.5 drinks. Even though it was a planned drinks day, I did take 6 minutes (only once) to see if I really wanted drinks or not. Yeah, I did. Day off tomorrow, planning on getting some more of the garden to bed for the winter. Leaves were raked and final grass cutting was done during my 2 hour break today. there is always a lot to do in Spring and Fall. Spring was a bit of a bust when I was working 5 jobs, but I am feeling on track right now. I do plan to hit my 16-20 AF days this month
    Monday October 18 - AF - It was my day off, got a couple of storm windows up, and a myriad of other things. It was lovely. Planned AF tomorrow.
    Tuesday October 19 - AF - Planned drinks tomorrow after work or Thursday, or both.
    Wednesday October 20 - Drinks - actually haven't had any yet, but have poured one, gotten into my cozy pjs and am soooo ready to relax in front of the boob tube.

Rolling total - 11AF days out of 20 days.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Iā€™m new to this page. Iā€™ve been looking at the posts on and off for a while though!

My name is Melissa and Iā€™m 51. Iā€™m trying to lose some weight and alcohol is a huge obstacle in this goal. I also worry about what a habit may doing for my overall health. I drink wine with dinner (and ā€œhappy hourā€ before) regularly. For years, it was about 2.5 glasses a night, but it increased over the pandemic. Otherwise, I lead a pretty healthy lifestyle, exercising regularly and mostly eating healthy.

Iā€™ve been alcohol free for 4 days. Hoping to stay that way for the next 10

Hello and welcome! Yo our post could have been written by me when I first joined this group. Cutting way back in the alcohol will make such a difference with your weight loss goals. Itā€™s so easy to drink every day out of habit. If you havenā€™t already, check out the resources at the very beginning of the thread - lots of good info.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I was dying for a drink and bread last night, donā€™t know why! So I had two sips of my husbandā€™s drink. Actually itā€™s probably because we are out of the veggies and salad I normally eat. I need to get to the market, pronto!

@lmlmrn Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re having a bad reaction to the medication. I hope you feel better soon!

@dawnbgethealthy, I have HGTV on in the background when Iā€™m home. I love the reveals. I definitely want to check out Houses with History. You may also like Cheap Old Houses. I used to follow them on IG before I dropped it. Glad to see they have their own show now.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Has anyone done Annie Grace's 30 Day Alcohol Experiment? Or read This Naked Mind?

I've part of a similar thread in another forum for a few years, and that's the go to resource that everyone uses there. It's what I did when I was trying to cut back, and it was hugely helpful in helping me figure out what relationship I wanted with alcohol.

I'm a neuropsychologist with training in addiction, and even then, I learned A LOT about how alcohol affects the body and brain.

Some people did it and decided to quit, like me, and some people decided to moderate, like my DH who drank even more than I did, and is an extremely moderate drinker now.