• lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Dry Falls in Highlands NC!
    /quote]
    OMG Lilylady3k, When I took my trip this summer NC I was so impressed. This just confirms it. What part of the state was the picture taken in? We only traveled on the west side of NC, we never made it to the coast

Highlands, NC is the name of the town :)
    Southwest North Carolina

Thank you!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    I did a bad thing yesterday by shopping at 5pm -hungry and tired. Always the recipe for disaster. I guess I forgot...anyway I picked up a french fizzy rose because it was almost half-price and the bottle was unique. Suckered in by marketing once again! Needless to say, the pink fizz is all gone and no weight was lost. I am avoiding the scale today and staying out of stores!

@MissMay, why are stores mostly closed, is it temporary? Most of ours are open but the inventory is scanty, like tons of XS and XXXL sizes but nothing in between. Do you have rec centers or dance halls that are open now?

Signed up for Covid booster this weekend. Here comes shot #3. It's a bit scary since it's so new but I figured I've had lots of other shots throughout the years, boosters and all, and they worked.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn maybe the high price of wine and liquors in WA is a good thing and would keep me out of trouble :).
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary style

Saturday October 09 - 2 drinks in the afternoon and then went with AF options. Pumpkin Spice Bailey's concoctions. Very delicious and seasonal. Plan to be AF now until Wednesday or Thursday.
    Sunday October 10 - AF - Split shift at work, but it was quiet, as I expect tomorrow will be since it is Thanksgiving and people will be home having Turkey.
    Monday October 11 - AF - Ended up getting the afternoon off and spent 5 hours digging up potatoes - basically until dark. So badly wanted to have a few drinks after, but didn't. My weight is already way up from Thanksgiving foods which I have, since the big feast, been portioning out.
    Tuesday October 12 - AF - Finished up the potato garden thanks to help from my tenant. Another time when I felt like having a couple of drinks, but didn't.

Rolling total - 7AF day out of 12 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @MissMay
    Yes, why are so many things closed in your area?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited October 2021
    Options
    People on this side of Washington go over to Idaho to shop, less taxes.

Check out Coeur D'Alene @globalhiker
    It is on a beautiful lake, with lots to do.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,557 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Thirsty Thursday? Who comes up with these advertising, drinking motivators?

So glad they don't do this in the medical field promoting things like Stroke Saturday or Malaria Monday.

AF yesterday.

@globalhiker and @dawnbgethealthy there has been a huge worker shortage since the pandemic hit. It got out of control this Spring when places were trying to reopen and there were no employees to be found to fill the jobs.
    Our Governor was giving to many unemployment benefits and incentives to STAY HOME. Plus the kids that graduated from college ( on their parents dime) felt they should not have to start out in the work force and work their way up. They want to start earning the big bucks right off.
    I could go on and on about it but I'd better stop before my blood pressure blows.

• dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary style

Saturday October 09 - 2 drinks in the afternoon and then went with AF options. Pumpkin Spice Bailey's concoctions. Very delicious and seasonal. Plan to be AF now until Wednesday or Thursday.
    Sunday October 10 - AF - Split shift at work, but it was quiet, as I expect tomorrow will be since it is Thanksgiving and people will be home having Turkey.
    Monday October 11 - AF - Ended up getting the afternoon off and spent 5 hours digging up potatoes - basically until dark. So badly wanted to have a few drinks after, but didn't. My weight is already way up from Thanksgiving foods which I have, since the big feast, been portioning out.
    Tuesday October 12 - AF - Finished up the potato garden thanks to help from my tenant. Another time when I felt like having a couple of drinks, but didn't.
    Wednesday October 13 - Drinks and Indian food from the restaurant that I work at. May have drinks Thursday also.

Rolling total - 7AF day out of 13 days.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Almost done with my road trip. Tracked the good and the bad days. I'm amazed that it was not worse. Actually one night (Oct 13) DH said ... you don't want to drink a 5th glass of wine remember. He remembered how upset I was with myself after Oct 9. I really loved him for saying it and stopping me from the drink buying another drink! No headaches except for that one day of 5 drinks.

When there are more than 2 drinks then it was spread over lunch & dinner! EXCEPT for the 4 wine.

October accountability: 0/31 days AF
    Alcohol: 14 days (41 drinks)
    October is a real challenge since we have planned a 2500 mile road trip for 16 days across 11 cities in 6 states. I'm going to give myself a break on a few of my normal rules.
    Goal (usual vs new):
    • Limit 1-2 3 glasses per day
    • 12-16 10-12 AF days per month
    • Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row Not force this during vacation!
    • Aim to drink no more that 2 nights in a row after returning on Oct 17

10/1 - 1 wine
    Road Trip.
    10/2 - 1 champagne @ baby shower
    10/3 - 3 drinks - 1 Ms. Ole Miss (TIto’s vodka, St Germaine Elderflower liquor, grapefruit juice, club soda) + 2 wines
    10/4 - 2 wine
    10/5 - 3 drinks - Leiper's Fork Distillery tour & tasting + 1 beer lunch + 1 beer dinner
    10/6 - 3 drinks - 1 Calfkiller Sergio beer + 1 Spicy Lemonade (George Dickel Tabasco, House Made Lemonade, club soda) + 1 wine dinner
    10/7 - 3 drinks - 1 beer + 2 wine
    10/8 - 4 wine
    10/9 - 5 drinks - 1 beer + 4 wine
    10/10 - 4 drinks - 1 beer + 3 wine
    10/11 - 2 wine
    10/12 - 1 beer + 2 wine
    10/13 - 4 wine
    10/14 - 3 wine
    10/15 -
    10/16 - @ LSU Tailgate