Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    nd8wx6y5j8ui.jpg

Amen to that. <3

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,639 Member
    Options
    What is the ONE most important reason you want to cut back on alcohol in your life?

ME:
    Because I did not like the person I became from consuming to much.

Me:
    Because alcohol inhibits my weight loss.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary style

Friday Oct 01 - Drinks
    Saturday Oct 02 - AF - Planned drinks this week: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (Thanksgiving weekend here)

Rolling total - 1AF day out of 2 days.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    For the weekend:
    1Oct - 2 G&T, nigori sake (equivalent of one glass of wine) ... we went out for happy hour & sushi
    2Oct - 2 Gentleman Jack & cokes
    3Oct - espresso martini, 2 glasses of red wine ... we went out for brunch thus the martini and it was so good; I made meat sauce w/pasta for dinner and 1/5 of the bottle went in the sauce and we drank the rest

Over by 1 for the weekend
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary style

Friday Oct 01 - Drinks
    Saturday Oct 02 - AF - Planned drinks this week: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (Thanksgiving weekend here)
    Sunday Oct 03 - AF - Working 4 days of splits, so added incentive to not be feeling potentially yucky or not sharp from drinks

Rolling total - 2AF day out of 3 days.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    @Womona best of luck on your new challenge at work. Nice you have the support of your Son to help you through.👍👍👍
  • MissMay
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy oh gee I always forget this is your Thanksgiving holiday coming up in Canada. I hope you get to enjoy it and not have to work. 🍁
  • MissMay
    Options
    77topcat wrote: »
    I’m in for October. Did my 25AF for September. October is a busier month! Birthdays, thanks giving, anniversary’s etc! Going for 20AF and no more than 2x250ml glasses in a sitting.
    Have a good month all.

Congrats on your September's end journey. Great goals for October! Thanks for checking in @77topcat
  • MissMay
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @lmlmrn I know the list could just keep going.
    Actually my main reason has many subtitle reasons that flow underneath it.
    My first action would trigger many other actions which then would seem to fall like dominoes when I didn't keep it under control.
    HAPPY MONDAY
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    GOOD MONDAY MORNING

The evening turned out wonderful and I taught a young(39 years old) man how to properly slow dance with a woman because he was making all the poor girls dizzy by continuing to go around in one direction. 🤪

You’re doing God’s work right there!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Womona best of luck on your new challenge at work. Nice you have the support of your Son to help you through.👍👍👍

I am lucky!

We were going to make BBQ chicken last night, but the first ingredient in the bottle of sauce was high fructose corn syrup, so we had to pivot to a dry rub. It’s these little things where sugar is everywhere. I’m already feeling good about cutting out alcohol- weight is already coming down, and I’m sleeping like a rock!

Oh, and @MissMay I am over my October breakdown and am now fully psyched for the season! Now to decorate for fall!!!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes, @LoveyChar YOUR WITH US AGAIN. ❣❣❣ And you found us way over in a new catergory even. Of course you are welcome here. Sober October for you? We can help with that. How did day 1 go?

Thank you, Miss May! Day #1 was 9/29 and it was hard but I was anxious about this past weekend and starting a new job in retail. But it went so well and I just felt so happy to be working again. I had no urges to drink after I got home. Just made some coffee and put on a good show to relax. Thank you for asking...