Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time 🍁

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,557 Member
    Options
    Going to jump in on this one.. Goal is to not drink any beer M-F, with a total consumption of 4 bottles on the weekends.

Welcome @SomeMFPuser great to have you joining in.
    We all have our different goals and reasons for cutting back. But striving for the same end result. LESS!
  • MissMay
    Options
    @LoveyChar congrats on the new job. Lots of beginnings going on in your corner.
    Keep up the positive outlook.
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Just checking in on an 8 day AF streak. When last I participated I was headed to FL for some R&R where many activities center around the "drink." Once my AF streak failed there in June, I never really had a new AF streak as long as today's. Weird is that I'm in a mental state where I just don't even want alcohol. I blame my jiggle in the middle that has turned into jolly ole rolls, and a body profile that is disproportionate. The summer me still was 30 or so pounds overweight as I am now, but this shape is ... well, everything they say will happen if you drink in excess consistently. I am encouraged that the face puffiness has significantly reduced, the scale reports a couple pounds lost and my feet scream yippy-skippy when I get to walk, which is as often as I can. Not sure how often I'll pop in this month but know the support of this thread has lent to my success. Thanks for being a good influence and/or a good example everyone!
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Well I can say I am not AF so far this month, but I am keeping with my 1 drink which is really a huge improvement. I know the one could turn into many at any given time but my mental state is keeping me in check. So I am actually liking this new me. Being able (at this point) to moderate.

@MissMay I am nearly done with the guitar and will send you an update soon. I have made even more changes LOL..small and quiet but still changes.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @dawnbgethealthy oh gee I always forget this is your Thanksgiving holiday coming up in Canada. I hope you get to enjoy it and not have to work. 🍁

Thanks!
    I am not scheduled to work, and have made it clear that I will not be available on my scheduled days off this time around : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Womona

Best of luck with your challenge. Good for you to be taking this on!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goals, 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary style

Friday Oct 01 - Drinks
    Saturday Oct 02 - AF - Planned drinks this week: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (Thanksgiving weekend here)
    Sunday Oct 03 - AF - Working 4 days of splits, so added incentive to not be feeling potentially yucky or not sharp from drinks
    Monday Oct 04 - AF - Trading in my newest car, I had told the dealer what I wanted and to keep a look out for any trade-ins matching my criteria. He found me one today, I test drove it during my break and will go tomorrow during my break to do all of the paperwork. Honda Fit. Fit is right, fits perfectly with my lifestyle of carrying my x-country skis, snowshoes, skates etc. Very happy, but did not have a celebratory drink : - )

Rolling total - 3AF day out of 4 days.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Tesha231 wrote: »
    Just checking in on an 8 day AF streak. When last I participated I was headed to FL for some R&R where many activities center around the "drink." Once my AF streak failed there in June, I never really had a new AF streak as long as today's. Weird is that I'm in a mental state where I just don't even want alcohol. I blame my jiggle in the middle that has turned into jolly ole rolls, and a body profile that is disproportionate. The summer me still was 30 or so pounds overweight as I am now, but this shape is ... well, everything they say will happen if you drink in excess consistently. I am encouraged that the face puffiness has significantly reduced, the scale reports a couple pounds lost and my feet scream yippy-skippy when I get to walk, which is as often as I can. Not sure how often I'll pop in this month but know the support of this thread has lent to my success. Thanks for being a good influence and/or a good example everyone!

Thanks for popping in @Tesha231 congrats on all the benefits your body is getting from taking a break from alcohol. We also appreciate what you bring to the thread when you post!😊
  • MissMay
    Options
    As @whitpauly would say-

Another AF in Maine

(Miss you whitpauly)
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy congrats on the new car! I love the Honda Fit. So sporty and perfect for lugging all your gear!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    AF again last night, although near the end of a long day at work yesterday I was joking that I was rethinking my decision! Haha! Everyone at work was commiserating! I am sleeping wonderfully though. That’s a huge benefit!

Great to see new people and returning participants on this thread!!!!!!