Feeling Hungry? Drink Diet Coke

Options

Replies

• krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking diet soda before all the studies came out. I became more hungry (STARVED actually) like a half hour after I drank diet soda and it made me crave sugar like there was no tomorrow. Also fruits didnt taste sweet to me. Ever since I cut out artificial sweeteners, fruit tastes so sweet to me now.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Did you consider that perhaps you aren't eating enough if you are still hungry after you are done eating? :huh:

In for the ridiculous condemnation of aspartame!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Feeling Hungry? Eat.

Crazy talk, begone from thee forum with thy witchcraft ;)
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I only made it to page 2 of this thread and I feel like my head is going to explode.
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Also carbonation is a contributor to cellulite. No thanks since I already have loads of that.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Welp, that was a nice, heavy dose of misinformation and paranoia to go with my morning coffee.
  • metallison
    metallison Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it works for you. I quit all diet soda completely because I wasn't losing weight, and I was getting migraines.

Since I quit drinking diet soda, I've lost 21 pounds and have only had one headache instead of having them almost daily.

Diet soda is really bad for you. Why not drink some water instead?
  • charleyreedto175
    charleyreedto175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sorry Secert Sundays I strongly have to slap the wrist on this one! Contrary to popular belief, diet soda such as Diet Coke and other diet beverages are made with artificial sweeteners like aspartame are not healthy at all, and they do not bring about weight loss. Studies clearly show that those people that drink soda has a higher impact on slowing down weight loss and in the long term gain weight. So please don't drink soda take that other major drink of water. It is much better in the long run.
  • bedhead
    bedhead Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Don't you love seeing people order a Big Mac and fries then ask for a diet coke.

Not sure about diet stuff. To me it just tastes bad. Sweeteners whether they are bad for our bodies or not, just taste chemical.

I don't eat after 8 ish. I would say if you are getting hungry at night then keep some calories back from earlier in the day. It's got to be better than drinking caffeinated drinks late on in the day.
  • bedhead
    bedhead Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Green Tea is good too.
  • slimmer1972
    slimmer1972 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM198711053171903

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF03259846

http://agrariancrisis.in/tag/biosafety/

http://zerotoherotv.com/page/58/?blogs_mode=last&bx_videos_mode=last&option=com_content&view=section&id=4&Itemid=15&status=approved&albumType=bx_videos&page=315&per_page=6

Aspartame did in fact begin it's life as a pesticide. There have been many cases reported of aspartame poisoning. Granted, a lot of things we consume have dangers, especially in excess. I limit my diet sodas to once a week, if that much.

I'm unclear whether your're joking or not. Aspertame was NEVER produced as a pesticide - it was a by-product of an ulcer drug, if my memory serves. and one of your links for a double-blind study proved that aspertame doesn't cause headaches (in fact, caused LESS headaches that the placebo).
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Also carbonation is a contributor to cellulite. No thanks since I already have loads of that.

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Diet soda gave my brother the herpes.
    No.

That might've been his girlfriend.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Substitute wine for diet coke and that's what I do. :-)
  • BarefootSerenity
    Options
    WORST ADVICE EVER.
  • doorki
    Options
    WORST ADVICE EVER.

Diet coke is a fine option. I would think the worse advice ever would include something to do with human sacrifice and the like.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    genius! ..... drink your water!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Substitute wine for diet coke and that's what I do. :-)
    I prefer rum. Unless I have a cold, then it's whiskey.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You can also get really skinny if you smoke crack I've heard.
  • doorki
    Options
    You can also get really skinny if you smoke crack I've heard.

Yeah, but crack is actually proven to be bad for you.