Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,580 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker
    Oh my, you sure are going hard. Do you see a break in sight, like a weekend off?

Big hugs!

• dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I ended with 16AF days for October. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days.
    November 28th 2018 was when I started on this thread. My late Dad's birthday.
    I have learned to drink less over the past 3 years, although it was very tough at first weaning myself off of being a daily drinker.

Diary style is how I roll and keep track.

Friday November 19 - Drinks - May have drinks Saturday also, Sunday off! Even though it will be laundry, cleaning, puttering, how nice to have some days off.
    Saturday November 20 - 2 drinks. Nice relaxing day off, got lots done including more to the yard. Still some left to do there, but will do more Sunday.

Rolling total: 14AF days out of 20 days.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    My sister joined us for steak night which means more wine opened and consumed.

11/20 - 3 wine 💜😊💜

November accountability: 8/30 days AF
    Alcohol: 12 days (26 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    Unplanned lunch out at Mexican restaurant and had 2 Dos XX, but it was a nice lunch with some street taco's and lots of laughs with DH. Then home for a nap. My sleep has been kinda messed up the past few days with waking at 3am and not being able to get back to sleep. So hopefully this nap does not make sleeping tonight difficult. I think I will have some hot tea and a little melatonin before bed.

@MissMay Sounds like you had a good time out until the reality check in the am. I can relate to that but like you those days are pretty far apart these days
    @Lilylady3k I do like to make jambalaya and I usually use shrimp and turkey kielbasa. I had not thought about not including the rice before freezing. Will the rice become soggy or just dry out? I know it is quick to make rice (only about 15 min) but it would be handy to just pop in the microwave.

off for now, I hear some canvases calling my name begging for me to get creative. Christmas is almost here and someone has to make gifts

@lmlmrn - hmmmm the rice works well in jambalaya when freezing with rice. No soggy or drying out. The reason I prep and freeze without the rice is to save room in the freezer LOL. Much less bulk!
    However, if I've already mixed rice into jambalaya for a large group and have left overs then I do freeze the entire dish usually in freezer zip locks because it is so easy to pack and I can break out portions.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi friends, I'm back from a weekend get-away up north. It was really good and relaxing but we ate out and drank and didn't exercise because it was freezing cold, so I feel exhausted today from all of that. This week the plan is no drinks, even for Thanksgiving (I'm driving) and I am going to hike a ton to reverse my sudden weight gain.

I will have an easier few weeks of work now that the "peak" busy season is subsiding :) ! And yes, booking the Canada trip soon as flights come out for June.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I ended with 16AF days for October. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days.
    November 28th 2018 was when I started on this thread. My late Dad's birthday.
    I have learned to drink less over the past 3 years, although it was very tough at first weaning myself off of being a daily drinker.

Diary style is how I roll and keep track.

Friday November 19 - Drinks - May have drinks Saturday also, Sunday off! Even though it will be laundry, cleaning, puttering, how nice to have some days off.
    Saturday November 20 - 2 drinks. Nice relaxing day off, got lots done including more to the yard. Still some left to do there, but will do more Sunday.
    Sunday November 21 - AF - Friday and possibly Saturday next planned drinks hours

Rolling total: 15AF days out of 21 days.