Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    11/27 - 🎣 3 drinks πŸ’œπŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ 1 wine + 2 bourbon & diet coke

Burned my hand which was not a good excuse to drink bourbon but I soothed it with Aloe on the hand and a few drinks instead of pain meds. TODAY is a good day to start fresh.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,585 Member
    Options
    I ended with 16AF days for October. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days.
    November 28th 2018 was when I started on this thread. My late Dad's birthday.
    I have learned to drink less over the past 3 years, although it was very tough at first weaning myself off of being a daily drinker.

Diary style is how I roll and keep track.

Thursday November 25 - Drinks. Unplanned. I was stressed out, but really try to save drinks hours for happy times, not stress times. Planned drinks Saturday night with friends that I am going to the Symphony with. Pretty sure that I will get to 20AF days for this month.
    Friday November 26 - AF - Tomorrow and Sunday off : - ) I had a violinist and double bass player in the restaurant today that are playing the Symphony show that I am going to tomorrow night. I didn't find out until they were paying, and then I totally fan girled out :p
    Saturday November 27 - Drinks - One at a restaurant before the concert, and 2 afterwards. Really fabulous show, I got absolutely lost in it : - )

Rolling total: 19AF days out of 27 days.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Wow @ahoy_m8 your cake looks too pretty to eat. I would love to make a Christmas holiday cake like that and if I can find a gluten-free way to do it, I will. What inspiration!

I logged 5 AF days this past week and it was a holiday week too!! If I can do it, everyone can. Just focus on the next 24 hours and keep distracted and busy.

@dawnbgethealthy -Are you in Cranbrook or Creston? Is the best way from the US driving through Rykerts border crossing? Tentatively looking at June 9th or 10th and right now taking a short flight to Spokane in a small plane looks like the least Covid-complicated option.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    Last night at fishing camp 🎣 DH & I were both AF
    Hit my goal of 12 days!

November accountability: 12/30 days AF
    Alcohol: 16 days (36 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 - Very creative and lots of talent in your baking skills as well! Thanks for sharing the picture of the kransenkake. I'm sure everyone loved it!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I ended with 16AF days for October. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days.
    November 28th 2018 was when I started on this thread. My late Dad's birthday.
    I have learned to drink less over the past 3 years, although it was very tough at first weaning myself off of being a daily drinker.

Diary style is how I roll and keep track.

Thursday November 25 - Drinks. Unplanned. I was stressed out, but really try to save drinks hours for happy times, not stress times. Planned drinks Saturday night with friends that I am going to the Symphony with. Pretty sure that I will get to 20AF days for this month.
    Friday November 26 - AF - Tomorrow and Sunday off : - ) I had a violinist and double bass player in the restaurant today that are playing the Symphony show that I am going to tomorrow night. I didn't find out until they were paying, and then I totally fan girled out :p
    Saturday November 27 - Drinks - One at a restaurant before the concert, and 2 afterwards. Really fabulous show, I got absolutely lost in it : - )
    Sunday November 28 - AF - Hit my 20 - planning on 22AF days this month. Top loading really helped me this time around. This was the day that I joined this thread 3 years ago : - ) It has helped keep me on track. Thank you @MissMay : - )

Rolling total: 20AF days out of 28 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @ahoy_m8

Impressive cake!!! How did it taste?
    The Symphony of the Kootenays was probably only 50-60 musicians, but included Timpani : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @globalhiker

I am in Cranbrook.
    Are you going to Banff first for the marathon?

I am not familiar with the border crossing that you mentioned.
    I would say that if you are going to Banff first it would be better to fly into Calgary and rent your car there.
    From Spokane Banff is probably about an 8 hour drive. You would cross at Kingsgate (Eastport) if you are coming that way, maybe 3 hours to the border.
    Kalispel airport is about 45 minutes to the border, but many hours from there up to Banff and circuitous.

If you are visiting me prior to the marathon then the route from Spokane would be a lovely drive.

49foacugcrkj.png

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Wow @ahoy_m8 your cake looks too pretty to eat. I would love to make a Christmas holiday cake like that and if I can find a gluten-free way to do it, I will. What inspiration!

I logged 5 AF days this past week and it was a holiday week too!! If I can do it, everyone can. Just focus on the next 24 hours and keep distracted and busy.

@dawnbgethealthy -Are you in Cranbrook or Creston? Is the best way from the US driving through Rykerts border crossing? Tentatively looking at June 9th or 10th and right now taking a short flight to Spokane in a small plane looks like the least Covid-complicated option.

Kransekake is totally gluten free!
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    Sunday November 28 - AF - Hit my 20 - planning on 22AF days this month. Top loading really helped me this time around. This was the day that I joined this thread 3 years ago : - ) It has helped keep me on track. Thank you @MissMay : - )

Rolling total: 20AF days out of 28 days.

@dawnbgethealthy

1xydlq60caha.jpeg

• Lilylady3k
    edited November 2021
    Options
    11/29 - @ Fishing Camp 🎣 2 bourbon & diet coke

Dawn made me look back at my own notes ...
    Dec 28, 2018 (FIRST AF day in 2018) when I decided to be accountable and not just drink mindlessly & excessively. I'm definitely not perfect but I'm now able to control my # of drinks (most days) and even rack up some AF days each month. Baby steps.

• Lilylady3k
    Options
    Had 2 bourbon & diet cokes but really really wanted more. DH said nope to fixing a 3rd which was good for me to have that message.

November accountability: 12/30 days AF
    Alcohol: 18 days (40 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

11/01 - 3 wine
    11/02 - AF
    11/03 - 2 wine
    11/04 - 2 wine
    11/05 - 3 wine
    11/06 - πŸ‘©β€πŸΌβ˜”οΈ πŸ’œπŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ AF
    11/07 - 2 wine

11/08 - AF
    11/09 - πŸ“ AF
    11/10 - AF
    11/11 - Torchy’s Tini
    11/12 - 2 wine
    11/13 - 2 drinks πŸ’œπŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ (1 wine + 1 blackberry liqueur & soda water)
    11/14 - 1 wine

11/15 - πŸ“š AF
    11/16 - 3 wine
    11/17 - πŸ“š AF
    11/18 - πŸ“ AF
    11/19 - 🍾πŸ₯‚2 wine
    11/20 - 3 wine πŸ’œπŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ
    11/21 - 2 wine

11/22 - AF
    11/23 - AF
    11/24 - 2 glasses wine
    11/25 - πŸ¦ƒ 3 wine