What THINGS do you LOVE MOST about your spouse/partner

Options

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I simply love that I can be myself around him, and truly love him for who he is. :love:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    He has a big... and he knows how to work it. :bigsmile:
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That I can fart in front of him and he just giggles.

I can open a little can of crazy and he just deals with it.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't have one dedicated partner by choice, but traits that all partners have/havehad in common are:

They think I'm sexy when I'm silly/funny
    They appreciate me for my dedication to being a good parent and are good parents as well
    They find my taste in art, nature and music refreshing and different
    They think of me as bubbly and that I am/have been an enrichment to their lives
    They share what they are thinking because they know I don't judge
    They give me props for my ambition and spirit of being healthier and more fit
    They will read my poetry even if they never like or understand it
    They participate with me in events and new learning opportunities
    They say 'please' 'thank you' and bless me when I sneeze

And this one guy used to wash my hair for me, even if he had already had a bath or shower, he made it a point to find one thing that he could do to always be helpful and made it a special time where we could be in each other's presence, quietly and not have to talk about work or kids or anything else. That was nice.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    *I love that he is my biggest cheerleader. Always willing to make any changes that suit my healthy lifestyle. He always puts be first(even if I put up a fight for him not too!)
    *That after 8 years, he can still make me laugh so hard that I pee my pants..
    *That he has seen my crazy Portuguese temper and still stuck around
    *He is always on my side no matter what
    *He'll let me know when I am wrong
    *He is the best cuddler
    *He embraces my competitive side
    *He still sits beside me when we play video games even though I punch him in the shoulder every time I lose
    *He is not afraid to hit the dance floor with me even though my dancing is a cross between Eilane Benass and Ellen DeGeneres.
    *He is an AMAZING cook
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    -He has the most ridiculous and hilarious sense of humor
    -He is always so complimentary (even when I am being a b word)
    -He can sense when I m overwhelmed and always asks what he can do for me to make my life easier (this is huge for me because he does it without me asking and at times that I don't even realize how overwhelmed I am)
    -He is caring and compassionate
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love his eyes, his smile, his body ( he is very handsome IMO, after all this is why I was first attracted to him ITFP):love:
    That he chose me (we were kids when we got together and he definaitely had a choice of some really pretty girls)
    His love for music
    His sense of humor- he can always make me laugh
    He's very smart (though sometimes he doesn't act like it)
    He can fix almost anything
    He doesn't feel the need to go out drinking or flirt with girls, he tells me all of the time I'm more than enough for him
    That he still holds my hand
    That he works hard to support us, his family
    That he tells me he loves me everyday
    That he is still attracted to me (no matter how I think I look)
    That he trusts me completely
    That he reassures me when I'm nervous or scared
    That he knows me so well, he knows what I like and what I don't
    That he helps me around the house (OK sometimes he does complain a little)
    That he doesn't notice when I didn't put on makeup, do my hair, or get dressed, or when the house is a mess(or at least he doesn't say anything about it)
    He doesn't complain when I don't feel like cooking dinner and is happy to cook for me
    That when he does notice the house he appreciates it (though he doesn't always know how to express it)
    That we still go at it like we did as teenagers :blushing: He's good at what he does
    That he gave me the most beautiful, healthy, happy daughter (and that he cried when she was born)
    That he is wonderful to our child and he loves her completely
    He makes me happy:heart:
    He has stuck with me even though I have been anxious, depressed, jealous, and down right crazy from time to time.

There are a lot of times when we take each other for granted and at times we fight. We always somehow remember why we love each other.
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love that he is a great father. Nothing more attractive then a man who can joke,play and love his kids. I love that no matter what, he thinks I am the most beautiful women in the room.:blushing: I love that he wants to come home after work to be with his family. I love that me makes me smile and laugh. I love that he serves his country. Love that he is a handy man who can fix pretty much anything I manage to break.

So many other things but I am sure you guys don't want to read all that mushy, dirty :wink: Things that I love about him.
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love that hes a hard worker and never complains bout having to go to work everyday
    I love that hes smart and can fix anything.
    I love that he sits and stares at me but never saids what hes thinking about.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Probably the things that infuriate me the most as well. His stubborness, his strength of character. His alpha male personality. (oh and his muscles! :) )
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love that my hubby can embrace my imperfections and still challenge me to be better. He supports me when I'm passionate about something...even if he doesn't look at it the way i do. He thinks I'm hot even when I just can't see it. He celebrates me when I have victories and cheers me up when I experience defeat. He has the most amazing work ethic and he lives/acts/and makes decisions like we're a team. He's protective of me and he has the cutest smile and the best big, manly muscles!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    He's a hardworker, great father, and best of all loves me for who I am!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I loved seeing a posting about saying NICE things about our spouses/partners.... nothing irks me more than when people talk negatively about their spouses - especially on public forums - so it's refreshing to see a genuine, mushy, wuvy-dovey love fest for once. Hoorah, OP!

I love absolutely everything about my husband. He's the sweetest, kindest, funniest, most loving and genuine person I've ever met in my life. I love that he's not afraid to show his emotions or have deep, emotional conversations. I love his compassion for animals and the environment. I love his sense of humor, which is often as corny, morbid and/or raunchy as mine, lol. I love the way his eyes sparkle when he looks at me and tells me he loves me. I love the way just the sound of his voice on the phone is enough to erase all the worst things in the world that may have happened in my day. I love how he always listens and engages with me - he never just says 'yes dear' and ignores me. I love his patience and his honesty - the way he doesn't hold back and tells it like it is. I love how brave he is (and how I'm a 'goody two shoes' and he's really helped me come out of my shell). I love how supportive he is - no matter what I do, he has faith in me and makes me feel like I can fly. I love his smile and the way that it melts me every time (think of the smoulder from Tangled! lol). He's my soul mate in every way imaginable. I love that he makes me want to be a better person, and has given me so much hope and love and happiness. I love the way that I feel when I am with him - and how much I miss him when we're apart. I couldn't imagine a single day of my life without him, and he's told me a million times that he feels the same. What do I love most? Him. Plain and simple - everything that makes him who he is... that's everything to me.

I could relate to about 95% of these regarding my fiancé and I just had to tell you I'm so happy for you and your husband. Is that him on your ticker? He's an attractive man, but after reading about him it makes him about 100 times hotter than Brad Pitt :-) You go, girl.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I loved seeing a posting about saying NICE things about our spouses/partners.... nothing irks me more than when people talk negatively about their spouses - especially on public forums - so it's refreshing to see a genuine, mushy, wuvy-dovey love fest for once. Hoorah, OP!

I love absolutely everything about my husband. He's the sweetest, kindest, funniest, most loving and genuine person I've ever met in my life. I love that he's not afraid to show his emotions or have deep, emotional conversations. I love his compassion for animals and the environment. I love his sense of humor, which is often as corny, morbid and/or raunchy as mine, lol. I love the way his eyes sparkle when he looks at me and tells me he loves me. I love the way just the sound of his voice on the phone is enough to erase all the worst things in the world that may have happened in my day. I love how he always listens and engages with me - he never just says 'yes dear' and ignores me. I love his patience and his honesty - the way he doesn't hold back and tells it like it is. I love how brave he is (and how I'm a 'goody two shoes' and he's really helped me come out of my shell). I love how supportive he is - no matter what I do, he has faith in me and makes me feel like I can fly. I love his smile and the way that it melts me every time (think of the smoulder from Tangled! lol). He's my soul mate in every way imaginable. I love that he makes me want to be a better person, and has given me so much hope and love and happiness. I love the way that I feel when I am with him - and how much I miss him when we're apart. I couldn't imagine a single day of my life without him, and he's told me a million times that he feels the same. What do I love most? Him. Plain and simple - everything that makes him who he is... that's everything to me.

I could relate to about 95% of these regarding my fiancé and I just had to tell you I'm so happy for you and your husband. Is that him on your ticker? He's an attractive man, but after reading about him it makes him about 100 times hotter than Brad Pitt :-) You go, girl.

Awh, thanks! Yep - that's my awesome hubby on my ticker and I'd take him over Brad Pitt any day! Congrats on your engagement - I'm glad to hear you're so happy too! *hugs*
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    upset with hubby today and felt the need to revisit this thread because It is so positive and I don't really want to be upset with him. Thanks TT for this. It is awesome to see how much we need our mates. I will now go and find a way to get over it and let him know how much I appreciate him. :love: :love:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    He holds my hair for me when I puke.

True love.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend inspires me to be a better partner. He is patient and understanding and generous and compassionate and fun to be around. I am amazed by his ability to take care of everything in his life with an attitude of acceptance and humility and thankfulness. He's a rare combination of a brilliant brainiac who can fix anything around the house and charm even the grumpiest fool out there (and he's drop-dead sexy. Seriously). He can't cook to save his life, but I actually love that about him, too. Because it's fun to take care of such an amazing person.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My husband, despite his tough New Yorker accent and attitude, is actually the kindest, most gentle man ever. It breaks his heart if he inadvertently hurts my feelings. After 23 years together, I feel like he loves me more than he ever has, and he tells me that every single day. He thinks I am perfect. I feel very fortunate to have such a sweet, loving man as my husband.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    she's my balance. she makes me a better person with every passing day. And I know that I am for her as well. We compliment each other even though we have so many differences. I also love that she is my best friend