Less Alcohol ~ DECEMBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,962 Member
    edited December 2021
    Here is an important reminder: doing your “best” looks different day to day. Not every day looks the same. What’s reasonable to expect yourself to do on some days is not necessarily reasonable on other days.

12/26 - 3 drinks 1 Torchy’s Tini @ lunch + 2 wine with dinner

December accountability: 11/26 days AF
    Alcohol: 15 days (34 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF dabys per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • Lilylady3k
    MissMay wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to continuing my less alcohol journey out of 2021 and into 2022.
    With a little more ease on my end to enjoy a stemmed glass of alcohol in a nice setting without guilt and over indulgence.

I totally agree ... being able to enjoy a glass of wine or drink without guilt and over indulgence is a wonderful feeling! and a great goal.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited December 2021
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Here is an important reminder: doing your “best” looks different day to day. Not every day looks the same. What’s reasonable to expect yourself to do on some days is not necessarily reasonable on other days.

This is such an excellent point.

My partner who still works is on vacation this week and even though I'm retired I tend to go into vacation mode with him which means I probably won't be AF for the rest of the month in spite of intending to earlier in the month. I'll still be reasonable with quantity.

I wonder about "triggers" ... I genuinely like the flavor of alcohol or more specifically a well balanced cocktail or an excellent wine with a nice meal. I don't drink to get buzzed though I do enjoy the relaxed state to a certain point.

I have a question to you all ... Do you drink for the buzz, the flavor, your general lifestyle or some other reason?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,814 Member
    @LazyBlondeChef

In response to your question:
    I love the taste, the little buzz, the immediate relaxation.
    I avoid it for my weight loss.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,814 Member
    Hi : - )

Going for my usual goal of 16-20 AF days, Diary style

Tuesday December 21 - Drinks. Not planned. I did the 6 minute wait 6 times and then caved. Planned drinks for Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    Wednesday December 22 - Drinks. Trying to be AF for Thursday
    Thursday December 23 - Drinks. Well, I had only planned on 2 AF days this week...and drank on both of them. Not planning on another AF day for awhile, but will continue checking in. Happy holidays to all : - )
    Friday December 24 - Drinks - Mostly I have been having 2. Being indulgent with food and drink, and I am okay with that : - )
    Saturday December 25 - Drinks throughout the day of all sorts. We are snowed in here : - )
    Sunday December 26 - Drinks day, starting with all sorts of yummy liquerus in coffee: espresso baileys, raspberry chocolate irish cream, spiced rum, orange brandy etc. Not ready to pull back the reigns on delicious food and drinks just yet. Loving being snowed in and just about to watch "White Christmas" with another full turkey dinner. Had so much fun shoveling today : - ) Photos to come.
    Monday December 27 - Drinks. I continue to enjoy lots of seasonal foods and a few drinks. In order to make my 16 this month I am planning AF for Tuesday and Thursday.

Rolling Total: 14AF days out of 27 days.
  • Lilylady3k
    @LazyBlondeChef "I have a question to you all ... Do you drink for the buzz, the flavor, your general lifestyle or some other reason?"

I think it is lifestyle & flavor for me when it comes to wine ... I like a nice wine with dinner. It makes for a relaxing evening.
    I do like cocktails for the taste but rarely indulge ... avoiding them as I try to lose/maintain weight.
    I no longer seek alcohol for the buzz ...
  • Lilylady3k
    DH & I are AF this evening. Made my 12 days for December!

December accountability: 12/28 days AF
    Alcohol: 16 days (36 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF dabys per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.