Less Alcohol ~ DECEMBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited December 2021
    Argghhh… the dad in the family DD#3 has been babysitting this week just tested positive. She took a rapid test and is negative at the moment but sheesh. Dynamic situation.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,720 Member
    edited December 2021
    Wanted to add what's my "easy" how to boost my immunity during the holidays game plan. I committed to myself to do this:

1-Sleep more (add an hour in the morning)
    2-Meditate 10 min after exercise
    3-Laugh more (funny movies at night) - yes laughter is supposed to increase white blood cell count, who knew?
    4-Drink 2 Pellegrino litres a day (I bought a ton in preparation).

All of the above should help me be at my best. The idea is to focus on something easy and do-able. Yes I will delay drinks as much as possible too.

These are great. I need to try meditation, and who doesn’t love funny movies!

I also supplement with Zinc and Vitamin D because that also helps boost immunity.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,720 Member
    @lmlmrn oh it’s so frustrating to get a clueless server. I normally tip 20% but in that case I would have backed it down to the minimum 15%.

Can we do a side thread about eating less Christmas cookies??????? Our clients brought in all kinds of homemade treats for us, and I can eat my weight in cookies. OMG yum. Alcohol I can moderate….. cookies? Nope! Somebody stop me.

One of our clients made homemade limoncello, and gave a bottle to every one of the staff. Of course we cracked it open and it was amazing. He should sell it- so much better than what you get at the store. Yum.

Last day of work and then I’m off for a week. Today should be a light day, so here’s hoping!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,814 Member
    Hi : - )

Going for my usual goal of 16-20 AF days, Diary style

Tuesday December 21 - Drinks. Not planned. I did the 6 minute wait 6 times and then caved. Planned drinks for Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    Wednesday December 22 - Drinks. Trying to be AF for Thursday

Rolling Total: 14AF days out of 22 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Lots of restrictions in place up here too. So far the restaurant that I work at is still open for dining.
    Boosters don't roll out in my Province until January. At this point it is only for those older than 70. Hoping that I don't have to wait too long. Rapid tests are available in some provinces, but not BC - our public health doctor feels that they are not accurate enough as a PCR, and one could test negative and pick up the virus an hour later - thus our partial lockdowns (gyms, bars, nightclubs, movie theatres etc. have been closed) have been implemented.
    Indoor and outdoor gatherings of any size for NYE have been banned.
    Lol, I never make it to midnight anyway.

@ahoy_m8
    I am very glad to hear that the grandparents don't want to get together with the social younger people. Safety first.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Womona wrote: »
    @lmlmrn oh it’s so frustrating to get a clueless server. I normally tip 20% but in that case I would have backed it down to the minimum 15%.

Can we do a side thread about eating less Christmas cookies??????? Our clients brought in all kinds of homemade treats for us, and I can eat my weight in cookies. OMG yum. Alcohol I can moderate….. cookies? Nope! Somebody stop me.

One of our clients made homemade limoncello, and gave a bottle to every one of the staff. Of course we cracked it open and it was amazing. He should sell it- so much better than what you get at the store. Yum.

Last day of work and then I’m off for a week. Today should be a light day, so here’s hoping!

oh gosh you made me laugh with the side thread about limiting Christmas cookies. YAASSSS. Until I got to the part about limoncello at which point I got jealous. So jealous.

Total agreement @dawnbgethealthy regarding safety first. Stay safe everyone!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,962 Member
    edited December 2021
    Lots of restrictions in place up here too. So far the restaurant that I work at is still open for dining.
    Boosters don't roll out in my Province until January. At this point it is only for those older than 70. Hoping that I don't have to wait too long. Rapid tests are available in some provinces, but not BC - our public health doctor feels that they are not accurate enough as a PCR, and one could test negative and pick up the virus an hour later - thus our partial lockdowns (gyms, bars, nightclubs, movie theatres etc. have been closed) have been implemented.
    Indoor and outdoor gatherings of any size for NYE have been banned.
    Lol, I never make it to midnight anyway.

@dawnbgethealthy - My son works with a group out of Vancouver and he was telling me that they are getting whatever shot is available ... so really mixing them up on the 1st & 2nd shots. I'm really sorry the roll out up there in Canada has been slow and limited.
    Things are not closing in Texas but we are definitely starting to see signs where masks are required again (not an option) at various restaurants, retail, and shops ... like the candle shop and nail salon we went to the last 2 days.
    I'm hearing every day of another friend or adult son/daughter that has Covid ... so far light cases or asymptotic but then they all have to quarantine for 10 days.
    My husband's company sent us CUE Health Monitoring System (Cue Reader) and 20x Covid 19 tests kits. (CUE molecular test that detects the RNA of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in 20 minutes using a nasal swab sample). So far everyone feels fine ... but if no one is feely bad then do you really want to test and find out that someone has Covid??? Maybe or maybe not ... dilemma. BUT we are planning to use them before being around the newborn whenever she arrives (due Dec 29).
    My DIL and son got their boosters this week. The only one not able to yet is my daughter who is pregnant and they want her to wait until her 3rd trimester.
    So we are masking up everywhere even if it is not required with 2 pregnant in our mists ... except when in the house together or outside.

Stay safe everyone! Merry Christmas!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,607 Member
    Merry Christmas to you all! Wishing you happiness and health and peace and joy with your loved ones!

On the house menu is rib roast, potatoes, green beans. Dessert is apple pie, blackberries, whipped cream. Cognac and Baileys for those who prefer liquid dessert.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Hi : - )

Going for my usual goal of 16-20 AF days, Diary style

Tuesday December 21 - Drinks. Not planned. I did the 6 minute wait 6 times and then caved. Planned drinks for Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    Wednesday December 22 - Drinks. Trying to be AF for Thursday
    Thursday December 23 - Drinks. Well, I had only planned on 2 AF days this week...and drank on both of them. Not planning on another AF day for awhile, but will continue checking in. Happy holidays to all : - )
    Friday December 24 - Drinks - Mostly I have been having 2. Being indulgent with food and drink, and I am okay with that : - )

Rolling Total: 14AF days out of 24 days.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,962 Member
    edited December 2021
    1 glass of red wine with lunch today for Christmas. Lovely few days! Lots of family around which is always nice, food, wine, games ... and a candle making class Thursday night.

12/22 - AF
    12/23 - 🥂 3 Prosecco Candle Making w/ my girls
    12/24 - 🥂 3 wine Annual large Christmas Eve party at my house for seafood gumbo, Natchitoches Meat Pies, and wine!
    12/25 - 🎄1 wine
    I'm OKAY with this!

December accountability: 11/25 days AF
    Alcohol: 14 days (31 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.