WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Katla I have an Android and on the app I can't post pictures yet. I have to go to the MyFitnessPal website and log in there then I can post pictures. I know that there are different issues for phone types and app vs website. Good luck!

<3 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I missed a change while I was gone & feel somewhat lost. I can connect with my phone but not my laptop. Can anyone help me understand the changes?

Katla

Nothing changed with the logins and connections.

When you log in, you might be taken to your My Home page ... is that right?

7ump2z9s0uxd.png

Then click Community.

Wait a bit and then you'll be on the MyFitnessPal Community page. Scroll down to Motivation and Support. Click that.

25hhaw08pl5y.png

w6xarv3ud7gs.png

There are 5 posts that stay at the top of the the Motivation and Support subforum. They are called "stickies".

Directly below them are the posts within the Motivation and Support subforum.

This thread (Women Ages 50+ For ___) is usually right near the top of the regular posts. It rarely drops very far down. Find it, click it, and here you are. :)

3uwvyx9s8pyl.png

Those steps haven't changed.

The only thing which has changed is that, instead of the yellow star to "Favourite" this thread, it is now a blue bookmark.

If you were to click the blue bookmark to bookmark the thread, you would find it again by going to My Bookmarks in the right sidebar.

mthyy1l4862w.png

I choose not to bookmark this thread because if I do, I get notification each time someone posts here. There's probably a way to stop that but I haven't located it yet. However, it's easy to find ... it doesn't drop to the second page or anything ... so I don't bother with bookmarking it.

Machka in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    Flea - You're a wonderful woman and a better person than I am. I would have probably said something awful to him. Feelings aren't wrong or bad, they're just part of your journey. You might consider a donation or a bequest to a nonprofit or faith-based organization that supports medical bills for those who can't pay.

Machka - You are such an extraordinary person, and I'm so pleased you've found a way to keep cycling in your life during these last few years.

Allie - yes, please go to the doctor. Let us know...

@mgillthomas
    - Welcome! please let us know a name you prefer to be called and a place, so we can get to know you a little. Feel free to chime in on any conversations that interest you.

As most of you know, the last few years in my life have left me feeling somewhat like a long-tailed cat being dragged through a keyhole backward. But since I've started that steroid, a number of health issues seem to be on their way to resolution, and I couldn't be happier.

One of the things I didn't even know I missed was long conversations with my husband. He's not a big talker, but wine makes him get semi-chatty. After a couple of glasses on his part, we had one of those discussions that lasted for hours. Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't drink. I despise the taste of alcohol.

We reminisced about our early years together and growing up in small towns--he grew up in Southern Alaska, and I grew up in East Texas. Everyone knew who your father and mother were, and the report on whatever you were doing wrong got back to the parents before you even got home. Corey's also 9th of 12 kids, and I'm 9th of 10--so we have lots in common.

Apparently, I have been so self-centered for so long that I had stopped laughing and become almost as silent as he normally is. Last night was wonderful, This morning, I'm going to get some bread made for sandwich rolls for the week, and he has promised brunch once he's up and around. I'm not going to start the bread until he gets up, because that mixer is loud when it's kneading dough. Love seeing him sleep in.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

Sitting down and chatting back and forth with DH would be so nice- I really can't remember the last time we did. He tends to talk at me, not with me. I know I need to try harder but after so long- it is hard to keep putting effort into it when he isn't. This is my main New Year's Resolution- I need to try harder to get back some part of an actual marriage with him. The way it is now, is not good
    Love hearing about yours and Corey's large families- dad was 7 of 10. Only one left now.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Two more weeks of full time teaching. First week was exhausting! I won’t do this again. I’m finding out that my age is definitely a factor against it.

Too tired to post much. Still trying to keep up.

RvRita in Roswell, NM
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    2598731hvngoj88xg.gif

Happy last night of Hanukkah to those friends who celebrate!

Cheri
    College Station, TX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    I've heard back from my brother and I'm going to visit on Friday. It's two hours on the train with one change to get there, but they always make the effort to come here and I feel it's my turn. I will get there around midday. I will return late afternoon.

I've had a couple of very nice emails from people I hadn’t heard from for years, expressing appreciation for my book, saying how much it resonated with them. Many people have said it brought back memories of the era, the 60s, that they had forgotten. :) The strange thing is, I keep remembering things I wish I had put in!

Those people that have written reviews, my undying thanks. <3

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Machka9
    Options
    Flea - You're a wonderful woman and a better person than I am. I would have probably said something awful to him. Feelings aren't wrong or bad, they're just part of your journey. You might consider a donation or a bequest to a nonprofit or faith-based organization that supports medical bills for those who can't pay.

Machka - You are such an extraordinary person, and I'm so pleased you've found a way to keep cycling in your life during these last few years.

Allie - yes, please go to the doctor. Let us know...

@mgillthomas
    - Welcome! please let us know a name you prefer to be called and a place, so we can get to know you a little. Feel free to chime in on any conversations that interest you.

As most of you know, the last few years in my life have left me feeling somewhat like a long-tailed cat being dragged through a keyhole backward. But since I've started that steroid, a number of health issues seem to be on their way to resolution, and I couldn't be happier.

One of the things I didn't even know I missed was long conversations with my husband. He's not a big talker, but wine makes him get semi-chatty. After a couple of glasses on his part, we had one of those discussions that lasted for hours. Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't drink. I despise the taste of alcohol.

We reminisced about our early years together and growing up in small towns--he grew up in Southern Alaska, and I grew up in East Texas. Everyone knew who your father and mother were, and the report on whatever you were doing wrong got back to the parents before you even got home. Corey's also 9th of 12 kids, and I'm 9th of 10--so we have lots in common.

Apparently, I have been so self-centered for so long that I had stopped laughing and become almost as silent as he normally is. Last night was wonderful, This morning, I'm going to get some bread made for sandwich rolls for the week, and he has promised brunch once he's up and around. I'm not going to start the bread until he gets up, because that mixer is loud when it's kneading dough. Love seeing him sleep in.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

Thank you Lisa. :) Yes, organising these events keeps us both in touch with the cycling we love and the cycling that brought us together in the first place. For my husband, it also gives him the opportunity to be a little bit more social.

I miss being able to talk to my husband. Yes, of course we talk ... he talks a lot since his accident. It's one of the side effects of the type of brain injury he has. But there are so many subjects I have to avoid now because he also has negative attribution bias.

Negative Attribution Bias and Anger After Traumatic Brain Injury
    https://journals.lww.com/headtraumarehab/Abstract/2017/05000/Negative_Attribution_Bias_and_Anger_After.6.aspx#:~:text=A tendency to make distorted,to as negative attribution bias.

"Negative attributions pertain to judgments of intent, hostility, and blame regarding others' behaviors."

Results:
    Participants with TBI had significantly higher ratings for feeling “irritated” and “angry” and attributions of “intent,” “hostility,” and “blame” compared with healthy controls for all scenario types. Negative attribution ratings accounted for 72.4% and 65.3% of the anger rating variance for participants with and without TBI, respectively.

Conclusion:
    People with TBI may have negative attribution bias, in which they disproportionately judge the intent, hostility, and blameworthiness of others' behaviors. These attributions contributed to their ratings of feeling angry.

Also:
    Negative Attribution Bias and Related Risk Factors After Brain Injury
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32769831/

So ... there is a long list of topics which will set him off. And sometimes I won't see it coming because I'll start on a "safe" topic, but somehow it's not safe anymore or somehow we end up in the middle of one of his "pet peeve" topics.

So ... I end up just not talking about much anymore.

I'm with you on the alcohol. None of it has ever tasted very good to me and some of it is really horrible. I've tried a bit now and then, but have been quite happy to avoid it entirely for almost 4 years now.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Yippee! I got to exercise today. Did Bob Harper’s Ultimate Cardio Body DVD. Work tomorrow and hopefully I’ll get in some steps since we’ll probably be putting out Christmas decorations. It’s supposed to be nice weather.

Making the sugar cookies for Newcomers. Hopefully, we can get to the meeting Wednesday.

Rebecca’s note to send her a PM for her address got me looking for where your friend’s list is and I couldn’t find it

On facebook I just saw this thing “in our day this was our Go Fund Me” and there was a picture of a kid shoveling snow. Yup, that was my Go Fund Me!

Barbara – when she first asked me to work on Saturdays, she offered that I could have Fridays off. It was me who didn’t take it. It’s only for one month, I won’t die. I’ve already decided that should she ask me to do more/other work, I’m just going to say “no”. I have no desire to go on a register or cook the food. BTDT and don’t want to go back. This is enough for me

mgillthomas – welcome. Come back for motivation, ideas, and people who understand to exchange thoughts about what’s happening in our lives

katla – “apple has made a mess of passwords”. Apple seems to make a mess of just about everything

Worked on putting out decorations. We’re not going to go to bowling tomorrow so we can (hopefully) finish putting the decorations out while the weather is still good. They’re calling for rain Tuesday

Flea – have fun!

Terri – wonderful news!

Allie - $325 to $100!!! Is Tom nuts??????

M – I have this site bookmarked, but I’ve never gotten a notification that someone posted

Wrote out the Christmas cards yesterday and put them in the mailbox today.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    edited December 2021
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I have this site bookmarked, but I’ve never gotten a notification that someone posted

Michele NC

I have the "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions" choice selected so that I get notifications from my bookmarked discussions.

You probably don't.

I have it selected because I want to see notifications from my bookmarked discussions ... but not this one because this one is too busy.

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Yes Michelle .. he wants to really drop it.. so he has already a retainer paid for,but im not budging..
    Im not going to worry about it now though..
    Well going to go to bed again and get some rest.nighty night
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    67yf31qd4738.jpeg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) Watched the Christmas episode of The Great British Baking Show. It was great fun.

:) 23,000 steps today. Yippee

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I missed a change while I was gone & feel somewhat lost. I can connect with my phone but not my laptop. Can anyone help me understand the changes?

Katla

7ump2z9s0uxd.png

Then click Community.

Wait a bit and then you'll be on the MyFitnessPal Community page. Scroll down to Motivation and Support. Click that.

25hhaw08pl5y.png

w6xarv3ud7gs.png

There are 5 posts that stay at the top of the the Motivation and Support subforum. They are called "stickies".

This thread (Women Ages 50+ For ___) is usually right near the top of the regular posts. It rarely drops very far down. Find it, click it, and here you are. :)

3uwvyx9s8pyl.png

The only thing which has changed is that, instead of the yellow star to "Favourite" this thread, it is now a blue bookmark.

If you were to click the blue bookmark to bookmark the thread, you would find it again by going to My Bookmarks in the right sidebar.

mthyy1l4862w.png

I choose not to bookmark this thread because if I do, I get notification each time someone posts here. There's probably a way to stop that but I haven't located it yet. However, it's easy to find ... it doesn't drop to the second page or anything ... so I don't bother with bookmarking it.

Machka in Oz

Wowsa you have a LOT of friends requests friend! Delete, delete!😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

• Machka9
    Options

Katla

7ump2z9s0uxd.png

Then click Community.

25hhaw08pl5y.png

w6xarv3ud7gs.png

3uwvyx9s8pyl.png

mthyy1l4862w.png

Machka in Oz

Wowsa you have a LOT of friends requests friend! Delete, delete!😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA

Most are spam ... they disappear on their own. I'll be up to 20 or 30 requests and then it'll just automatically drop to 9 or 10 as the mods go through and delete spam people. Kinda funny to watch the number go up and down. I don't even go in and look at what the requests are.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I need serious input into a family situation!! My nephew has covid. My niece watches his daughter. His daughter plays with my sister's grandson. My sister watched her grandson overnight Saturday. My other sister mother of my nephew with covid told me but does not want my sister that watched her grandson to know that he has covid because she would freak out! I think my sister has the right to know. The thing that bothers me is that he was vaccinated. And is now in the hospital getting that blood transfusion treatment. My other nephew here in Arizona also has covid and has also been vaccinated! Any input would be appreciated!

COVID is a reportable disease, isn't it? Like measles?
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, 17 mins wii, dogs to powerline TWICE, livestream church.
    Bonus: fire district board meeting minutes corrected and emailed, watched movie with Joe, Nature’s Coastal Holiday Lights with C & T.
    Just one thing:
    Do good December
    5: Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely: hmm

Welcome @pearcel3342. Many here don’t do the “friend” thing, just keep up with eachother by reading this thread often.
    Katla what do you see when you go to www.myfitnesspal.com on your laptop?
    Cheri Hanukkah sure snuck up on me, way early this year!
    Terri relieved to hear from you. Safe travels and take it easy.
    Mary that is a crazy tough situation. Your sister who babysat the grandson who plays with the daughter of the niece who watches the covid infected nephew’s daughter has the right to know. Can you ask your sister, the mother of the infected nephew, to give you permission to tell your sister why the nephew is in the hospital? Seems crazy not to, imho. Better to freak out than to end up in hospital too.

Read all but too sleepy to respond to all.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    kumq1ts5yrr1.gif
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3