• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Machka - Your situation is so hard. No wonder you are tired. <3

If DH can get hold of some double cream today I might make the chocolate roulade for Christmas. I'm going to cut it in half and keep one half for guests. There was NO cream at all in the very local shop on Saturday.

Plus the tree is nagging at me. :* It's still in the bag in the utility room. I might investigate the outside lights first. You can see I'm not at all enthusiastic.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Mary- I think your (is it sister?) has a right to know if she has been exposed. She will be angry that she wasn't told; but she will get over that. I had this happen to me a week or so ago. Exposed when my DOS tested positive and did not tell me (but texted my husband; who did not tell me) and came into my home, unmasked, to pick up some bins of Christmas deco. He brought his also exposed, (though tested negative) girlfriend with whom I had a lengthy face to face conversation with. *sigh* I have forgiven them all, but told them that I need to know! I need to know that if I become symptomatic, it COULD be C-19 and not a cold. I need to know so that I can go back to masking with my children at all times until I know for sure! I don't worry about me getting it, as much as I would feel awful knowing that I gave it to someone whose immune system can't handle it. I have multiple families with live in family members who are elderly or have zero immune system due to cancer/special abilities. If they won't tell her; you should, just so that she KNOWS to be on the lookout for symptoms.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Local schools are closed today due to "threats". The Oxford school shooting has spurred a series of "copycats". Last week two districts closed bc of threats made on social media to specific schools. *sigh*. I am not sure why people think they can make these threats on social media. They can be easily tracked and prosecuted. Anyway, Monday is usually my only "quiet" day (I only have 5 on most Mondays). Back up to 8 due to school aged kiddos. I didn't put my gingerbread house up this weekend. I knew I would have a couple of "planned" days with older kids here, this week. They tend to be perfectionists with their art projects and I figured they wouldn't react well to two year olds just coloring, gluing, and painting randomly on a gingerbread house. So...that will go up next week so that the little ones have a whole week to themselves to do what they want to the house.

Made banana muffins for the kids breakfast and also have dinner already made and in the fridge; ready to go into the oven. Two less meals to cook today! Yea!

ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    It is 6:30 am here and 28 degrees. Cold start for the desert 🌵! Off to another week of mischievous 8 &9 year olds.

I think my DH has TBI from boxing in his early years too.

RvRita in Roswell NM
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    tmj0yree4wh7.jpeg
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Karen - not sure where or when I saw it, but I remembered the first few lines of that poem and loved it. This is the first time I've seen the whole of it, though. Thank you!

Terri - so glad your procedure's done and you got through it with flying colors, it sounds like!

Heather - right there with you on the Christmas decorations... Last year, we had the kids here for Thanksgiving and did a mini-Christmas afterward, including a mini-tree that I could put on a table and out of reach of Levi. When it was over, I put the tree, decorations and all, wrapped in plastic to keep it from getting schmutzy, and put it in the back closet. Our daughter and grands are supposed to be here the afternoon of the 23rd, so I'll probably pull it back out on the 22nd.

Please note, I'm not a complete Grinch, just mildly Grinchy. I love the fact that other people do the whole shebang, lights, music etc. I just don't feel the need to do so.

Machka - your drive to understand your husband's changes since the TBI is so strong that you probably know more on that subject than half the doctors you've seen since his accident. The silence, though, that's hard. I'm glad you're able to share with us what's happening. Your strength has been hard-won.

Kelly - ditto your 21st year as a chaotic maelstrom; mine was the year I turned 19. My then-boyfriend broke my nose in Albuquerque, I convinced my abusive father to wire me enough money to get back to East Texas on the bus, ended up hiding in the women's room at the Dallas Greyhound station to hide from the druggies and the pimps that roamed the place. Finally made it to my mother's house and prepared to go into the military just a few months later. Every time I've written that down, it holds less grief for me, less pain. I hope it works that way for you, dear heart. Many hugs...

Got my sandwich rolls made this weekend, and they turned out as I wanted them this time. The last batch had been dense and heavy, and I finally realized I'd left out the eggs on that set. This time, I added two eggs to the mix and they turned out well.

My own health continues to get better. It's incremental, and I am not patient ordinarily, but I feel more like myself each day.

Later y'all,
    <3
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well i must be fighting something because I slept until 8:30 this morning..
    I have no plans today.. so honestly ..right now im filling my pill pod for the week and hanging with Alfie..im slugging down the fluids and will keep up with the Emergen-C
    I am really not into the Christmas spirit ,I have my little tree,but I am listening to traditional Christmas music which I enjoy..
    I'll put this question out there what is or was your favorite Holiday song when you where growing up.or as an adult or both..
    Mine I think are Sleigh Ride... and White Christmas
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I am so happy to be in touch again. I have not had an easy time connecting with this wonderful group. DH & I travelled to Virginia to meet our new grandson and had a wonderful time there. We were self quarantined in a hotel for a few days before our son was able to pick us up in Richmond. We enjoyed our visit, and our 2 grandsons—a three year old and a newborn.

Our return trip home was an easy one.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Options
    Allie - Favorite Christmas Songs—Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, What Child is This, and White Christmas. 🎄❤️🎄❤️🎄.

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Lisa - We got the tree up. :D Not decorated yet, just up.
    Yesterday I was watching a video about the idea of making a Bingo card with all the squares filled out with the things that usually trigger you at Christmas, like Uncle Ben's racist remarks, or grandpa drinking too much. Then when it happens you cross it off and tell your friend(s) when you've got a full house! :p I was talking to DH about it in bed.
    Just as we were unravelling the Christmas lights for the tree, we got in a snit with each other. I complained he was making it worse etc and he stomped off. Then I shouted after him, "BINGO! We could put on our cards 'arguing about untangling the lights'". He laughed and we were fine again. :p
    :p:p:p

I found my big baubles and arranged them in the fireplace with lights and the LED candles have gone up on the mantlepiece. Apart from finishing the tree for the kids, that's it. More than I thought I would do!
    It was pouring down this afternoon, so no outdoor lights went up.

Tomorrow is our Bea pickup day, but a named storm is coming in from the West and due to be overhead at pickup time. I texted my son she would be better off in the warm car with him while Edie is at her cello lesson. 60 mph winds and bucketing rain. He agreed.

I've booked a hair trim for next Wednesday. You have to give a deposit these days. :-•

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    I like Mary Did You Know also and I like Hallelujah!

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Options
    Our DDIL put up three artificial Christmas trees in her home. One of them was tall enough to nearly reach the second floor ceiling. It was spectacular with its lights and ornaments. She had two additional trees in the TV room and dining room. Each was beautifully decorated. Decorating for Christmas is one of her talents and pleasures. We have been home for a week and have done no holiday decorating so far.😳 I need to get busy!

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Carol - She looks fantastic! Go girl! <3

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited December 2021
    Options
    DH got out for a late walk when the rain stopped.

i5sfcuntjva4.jpg

Heather UK xxxxxx