hycdcbc9b8yg.png

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,912 Member
    Options
    427818su42xtrsvb.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather— I am thrilled to know Max is doing so well in school. Three cheers!! A full scholarship is amazind!❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Getting some fresh air and keeping away from people!

4g1xgk6qfi3h.png

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    Ooooo
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Heather - we are having a steak barbecue for Christmas dinner. I’m trying to come up with a potato dish besides baked potatoes, but think I might just do baked and get some fixings for them.
    I didn’t realize how cold it was supposed to be when I made this decision.

Rori - you have the most beautiful smile

Machka - congratulations on the new job, is this a government position too?

Carol - I can click on your name and see your profile and info.

Allie - have you talked to your doctor about depression?

Michele - I have two grandchildren and a Grandpup. I added some of my nieces and nephews and two young Moms that are my girls best friends. It is so much fun seeing what people want to share.
    I just googled Christmas cat plastic canvas tissue cover and a lot of options came up. I used to do plastic canvas many years ago. I can’t believe it’s still around.

Pip - nice looking stove

I am off work tomorrow, thankfully. I have a lot to get accomplished. Friday evening is a time for hubby and I, we watch It’s a Wonderful Life from 6-9 while we eat appetizers for supper. It’s become a tradition and one we haven’t missed in probably 30 years.

I need to go buy some groceries, finish a couple of gifts and hopefully sleep in!

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Options
    It is quiet now but raining hard a few minutes ago. I noticed a drip in our bathroom skylight. It is the middle of the night. We’ll see what we can do about it tomorrow morning. 🤔
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP
    Bonus: wrapped two gifts, made up goodie bags.
    Just one thing:
    Do good December.
    23: Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness. Hmm.

Made up goodie bags for friends and neighbors, will deliver Thursday. Dogs had cabin fever so JOE took them down to the powerline. Win-win-win!

Welcome @rjv230 and @cgjerde1 ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Heather, thanks for the https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/occasions/christmas/christmas-cakes-and-toppings/royal-icing . Followed to her marzipan recipe too. Both use raw egg, have you no concerns?
    Lisa still snorting from the “Borg “ ad.
    Machka the new job sounds great! Hope the people are as well… “…drum solo…” hahahaha

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    a0rqnor70zv4.gif

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Tracey- hence the upping of the dosagebof the zoloft..yes
    Morning ladies and a happy day before Christmas eve.. i have no plans other than taking Carmine to guitar lesson this afternoon,DD working today because she had to take monday off for for Drs appt..
    2 weeks from tomorrow and the little guy will be here...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Barbara - No, no concerns. We haven't had salmonella in eggs for some years now. We buy from reliable sources that have regular testing.

My friend G arrived in Singapore yesterday evening. Today they have closed all fresh bookings through the vaccinated travel lane. So she just squeaked in. :D She has to test every day for a couple more days, then she is all systems go.

My friend L, who lost her partner, is going with her sister to her sister's house for Christmas.

I am just wrapping DH's Santa presents today. Preparing pigs in blankets for cooking for tomorrow lunch for the grandchildren. We are getting takeaway pizza for dinner and I will make a green salad. The pizza place is around the corner and we always have 'Funghi, with truffle oil' :D

DSIL has just rung and she is coming on the 28th with her boyfriend and staying the night. Will have to do the bed, but the dinner is already in the freezer, more or less. Three courses! :p
    Glad we've got that sorted out!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Options
    ❤️
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    tzi9lgfpdm9e.png
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,385 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon and evening all,

Showered and ready to go into town for a flying trip to Wally-World. Hopefully in and out quickly, as it's early morning. Just making sure that we have everything we need--Corey's off for a four-day weekend, and neither one of us wants to be in a store over the next three days. On Monday, you just need to stay away from the returns line, as people swap their unwanted gifts for store credit everywhere.

Working with my daughter to get her down here late next week with the grands. They all need a quiet break with people who love them. That's pretty much all we can provide, so I hope it's enough to keep things from getting worse. Trying not to worry, but we all know how that goes.

Slept really well the last two nights, and every one of those gives me a boost in both physical health and mood.

Heather - glad your friends got where they are going.

Machka - congratulations on the new job! Love new beginnings.

Got to fly - love y'all!
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow (Christmas Eve), I go to work in the morning and then I am off for the next 16.5 days.

We've opened our borders here and cases are coming in. The contact tracers are working hard and posting exposure sites every day. If the site is low risk people just have to monitor symptoms. If it is a casual contact site people need to book a test in 3-5 days. If it is a high risk site people go into home quarantine for 14 days.

This means that as soon as I am home tomorrow we aren't leaving for some time except to exercise outside away from people.

That suits me. :smile:

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    chq361k42b7v.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I'm really delighted that DDIL and boyfriend are coming on the 28th, but I had to rush out and top up on the food stores. Both Monday and Tuesday are extra holidays here. All fine now. Plus DH's presents are wrapped. Phew!
    We have all pledged to do lateral flow tests before they arrive.

I've still been getting my exercise done every day, so managing to keep a routine going. I'm doing my 900 a day burn. The day the kids came in the morning, I only did 850.
    Tomorrow we will have an early start to get basic exercise done before they arrive. I will wash hair tonight.

Put new batteries in the outside lights. Made the pigs in blankets. Now for a short nap. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx