WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    ewqiv4e79p5e.png

I spent about 1.5 hours in the garden, then walked down to the beach and walked in the water. :)

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Christmas morning. Sooooo quiet. Woke early.
    Have a beautiful day everyone and may all your days be beautiful. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    happy holidays to all, whether you like or love them or the opposite.

Weight's up today. I thought it would be. my sweat pants felt tight yesterday for 1st time. bummer. getting through days acceptably seems to take priority relative to medium or long term goals.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    It's almost Christmas day here, the weatherman is threatening us with a white one. Personally, I would prefer rain.... don't have to shovel that! And it's much easier to drive in. Oh well, it is what it is. It will be just hubby and I tomorrow, our son and his family will be at his inlaws place. We get them on Boxing Day, which actually works well for me this year. I worked today, it was supposed to be until 2, but the boss kicked us all out at 1 and this was after treating us to Chinese food for lunch! Anyway, I did some prep today and will do the bulk of the prep tomorrow which should make the actual cooking of the meal much easier. I didn't get a whole turkey this year, bought a couple of turkey breast roasts, no carcass to deal with. One store that I went into had a limit of one turkey per order due to the extreme flooding that the lower mainland (where all the farms are!!) experienced. There will be a lot of stuff either in short supply and/or very expensive for the next while, could take up to 3-4 years for some to get back to pre flood production levels. A lot of berry farms were flooded, it will be hard to say how damaged the crops are until spring.
    Merry Christmas to those who are celebrating! And Happy Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Diwali etc to anyone celebrating!
    As always, hugs for those needing them, congrats for those celebrating and welcome to any newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, rx
    Bonus: 1 load laundry, changed linens, 30 mins vacuuming and dusting, trimmed tree.
    Just one thing:
    Do good December.
    25: Treat everyone with kindness today, including yourself.

Joe volunteered to take the dogs down to the powerline again! Now why didn’t I go with them? SMH.
    Lisa four days alone with Corey sounds like just the restorative grounding needed. Glad your daughter and grands can be safe with you both. Hard situation.
    Heather :love: Princess Bea’s party dress w/cloak! “White Christmas” is one of my very favorites.
    Carol :love: your GD’s Christmas dress and leopard shoes. The grumpy cat made me smile.
    Katla would you share a pic of the teddy bear angel?
    Rebecca “let it snow” snorting my water! :laughing:
    Pip:love: you and Kirby, and Yogi too of course.
    Tracey it’s a cycle, walking makes him feel better which makes him feel like walking. Same with me, when I’m stiff and achy and don’t want to move, I try to remind myself that motion is lotion, and sometimes it works. Really hope your holiday is pain free.
    Machka had to read your update twice, at first I saw “… walked on the water…” :laugh:
    Flea really admire your ability to “have a chuckle” with your mom despite everything. You are an inspiration.
    Evelyn, Flea, Debbie and everyone who may get a White Christmas, pics please? Weatherman is predicting a snowy rainy mix here but not ‘til early Sunday morning, then off and on again for the next few days. Somehow the prospect of slushy mud makes me really thankful not to have to leave the house.

Caught the last two thirds of “The Family Stone” and quite enjoyed it.

Rib roast is thawing, as is bacon for the roasted Brussels sprouts with dried cranberries and spicy pecans. Baked potatoes and salad will round out the feast. Contemplating Christmas cookies and eggnog for breakfast :laugh:.

Warmest winter holiday wishes to you all, dear friends.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    l39hc9d5obdj.gif

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Safe travels for those who are away from home.

We did a good job of grocery shopping yesterday. We can stay warm and cozy inside if the weather is cold & wet, and we’re stocked up with food for several days. I am happy at home.

I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with our daughter via zoom and our son via iphone, & DH called his sister & had a nice time catching up on daily life.

Happy Christmas for those who celebrate.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ Beautiful Grandchildren!

Carol
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,914 Member
    Options
    :) Merry Christmas to all of you who are celebrating. We don't celebrate holidays but Jake likes to have a special meal on Christmas. We bought a small pre-sliced, pre-cut ham to serve with packaged mashed potatoes, frozen vegetables, olives, and Grands biscuits. Yummy food with almost no cooking involved and minimal clean-up.

:) It is cold enough here that the roads are a bit icy. I'll be walking on the gravel and treading carefully when we cross the streets. Fortunately Bessie will walk only in the grassy field behind the house so when I go for my long walk, I'll have only Sasha with me. My morning dog walking friend just called to say that she won't walk with us because of the icy roads. I have podcasts to listen to so it will still be a great walk. Snow is predicted for later in the day and overnight.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Kylia ~ Good to see you! I have wondered about your Kentucky home. Did it get missed by the tornadoes? I hope so.

Carol in GA (Who found her old identity and password) :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    Holy farts!!! Had to make a new dedicated bar area!! Anybody wanna drink??!!!
    jt8tsx3nry43.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Carol - Your grands look so grown up now. How time flies! I sometimes feel a bit sad that ours seem to be growing so fast. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx