2022 Cycling Challenge

Options

Replies

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @Mari33a Have a great time at the parade! Where are you from? Hope the weather is nice!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options
    I've been slacking, was feeling poorly earlier in the week, and yesterday family commitments got me. Tonight is spin class and since I'm teaching I should probably be there...

Everybody is doing a fabulous job. Those of you training for event be careful and gentle with yourselves. Its sucks to get injured right before a big event you've been training for. Best of luck!
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Nobody showed for spin so I rode easy for 25 minutes then called it a day.

Prev: 373.07
    Spin: 6

Total: 379.07

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Out sick so I'll be off the bike for a bit - keep riding on folks! Can't wait to rejoin you
  • SavageMrsMoose
    Options
    Out sick so I'll be off the bike for a bit - keep riding on folks! Can't wait to rejoin you

Hope you feel better soon!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    Options
    @pridesabtch I remember in the early 2000s when there we’re waiting lists for spin classes! I suspect that St Patrick’s Day celebrations played a role!
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Boy it was windy out, but amidst outside on the bike is better than being inside in the trainer.

Prev: 379.07
    Outside at last: 19.46

Total: 416.53

• wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Ugh, did that 'running' thing and pulled muscles in my left hip. 😭 Plus helping my BF move in, so been too busy to hop on the bike. Hopefully by tomorrow evening this lousy joint of mine will stop howling at me when I put pressure on my leg and I can do a short ride. 😑
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @wendsg Hope you heal up quickly!

Still sick here and unable to ride.. I tried a very short walk today and that was too much so it may be a bit yet. Can't wait to get back on!
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Got my 4th ride fitted in on Saturday morning and 1st for this week yesterday. Hope to be back with another later 2day.

Previous 831.60
    Saturday 20.12
    Yesterday 20.12
    YTD 871.84

@SavageMrsMoose - I'm from the north west coast of Ireland. The weather is bright and breezy but we get a lot of storms from the Atlantic. Road cycling is hugely popular here I think partly because its so hilly and people use it to challenge themselves.
  • wendsg
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Thanks much! It seems to be marginally better - I can hobble now. Not going to be running for a while, though.

Did a Zwift ride today - might have gone a little hard, but the hip wasn't terrible. Knee was worse than the hip, but I think that's due to babying my leg for two days. We'll see if everything straightens itself out in the next couple days - I have a long Zwift ride on Friday (~33 miles, which I may do slow as hell with zero trainer difficulty) and a metric century IRL on Saturday. Gotta get this leg to recover by then!

Ride - 11.07
    Previous - 1211.74

Year Total - 1222.81/2022

Strava:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/6872641411
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    That's 3 rides for the week, this evening's ride almost didn't happen because it was a hectic day and I really wasn't feeling it, but as usual once I got on the bike I was fine.

Previous 871.84
    Saturday 20.16
    Yesterday 20.21
    YTD 912.21
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Nobody in Spin again 20 minutes for me, didn’t even start my watch

Prev: 416.53
    Short Spin: 5 miles

Total: 421.53

• SavageMrsMoose
    Options
    @Mari33a Sounds beautiful!

@wendsg Sorry you are injured. It’s so frustrating. I hope you recover quickly. Hopefully the bike will be less aggravating because it’s non-weight bearing, but you ride awfully long distances! Very impressed!
  • wendsg
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose Thank you! So far, things are healing pretty well, all things considered. I should be able to do my metric century tomorrow provided I don't go out and race like an idiot. 😅

Zwift ride today to finish up stage 5 of the Tour of Watopia on the bike. Long one. Hip was sore, but behaved pretty well. Knees were sore, but weren't screaming. Back is sore, but no radiating numbness down the left leg, so the pinched nerve issue has resolved itself. I think lounging today with some Naproxyn in the system should put me in the shape I need to be in to accomplish tomorrow's ride!

Really, just hoping that I can recover completely before April 2nd, because that's the Assault on the Carolinas, and that ride is a BEAST. That's the one I purposefully train through the winter for, and is the kick-in-the-shorts I need to keep pushing throughout the year to not let my fitness drop. 66 miles of sharp inclines with a Category 1, 6.5 mile climb at the 40 mile point. WeEeEeEeEe!!!

Ride - 34.02
    Previous - 1222.81

Year Total - 1256.83/2022

Strava:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/6880349850
  • wendsg
    Options
    Woo hoo! First sportive of the year done. Tour de Lowcountry went well (though I think I'm going to switch saddles between the Bianchi and the Panasonic, because the one on the Bianchi isn't as nice to my butt lol).

Ride - 61.76
    Previous - 1256.83

Year Total - 1318.59/2022

Strava:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/6886103727
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    I'm back baby!!!!

Mar 26 - Peloton ride for a total of 14.44 miles
    Previous - 862.72

YTD - 877.16/2022