• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 5,513 Member
    6:18AM

Katla,

I am here, reading along each day!

Feeling neurotic and anxious about all I have to do.

Wondering why I self-sabotage when I have a lot to accomplish.

All totally worthless - the neurosis, the anxiety, and the wondering. Pffffttt!

Karen in Virginia

Sending prayers for your family and for you. You are hurting along with others in your family. I hope for the best possible outcome for your brother in law, the family, and for you.

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Michele- here, it is more that the stores don't have people to stock the items. We went in one of the Safeway's and looked like no one came in to work meat department,seafood department or frozen.
    Yes, there are some shortages but not like what we saw. (dh works at another Safeway so knows about shortages and price changes as he helps in that department a few times a week).
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3

Katla
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Allie - thinking about you and Tracy, hope all goes very well...

For all the West Coast folks, and a few inland states as well, if you bought ground beef recently, you might want to check it at this website.

The usual suspect of E.coli, and that site gives you a list of where it was distributed, and which kind.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Well mom and baby doing great,this is through Dad.. they are getting settled in room and I think then we will get name and pictures.. Carmine came down got something to eat and went right back up to his room.. that will be how the weekend goes
    I am going to attempt to try and put the porta crib together before they get home ..its been awhile since ive done it,all the side but one will lock for me so i will try again tomorrow.

thanks for the update- I kept checking back since I got up to see this post!! Look forward to seeing pictures and hearing name
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Allie - thinking about you and Tracy, hope all goes very well...

For all the West Coast folks, and a few inland states as well, if you bought ground beef recently, you might want to check it at this website.

The usual suspect of E.coli, and that site gives you a list of where it was distributed, and which kind.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

Interesting. I had just purchased ground beef and a day after, it had turned brown. It's in the landfill now (or on it's way), but now I'm glad I tossed it. Thanks for the post.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Allie - what wonderful news! I just popped in to see if there was any word from you.

Gotta run, but so glad everything is well.

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    ☘️ pg 17
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Karen in Virginia-I so understand your self-sabotage comment!

Allie-Congratulations! Glad all went well.

Off to dinner zoom.

Ginny in Ohio
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Oh wonderful Allie, good to hear!💖
    Rebecca
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    So pleased, Allie! Congratulations on your new grandson's birth, I know you're looking forward to holding him...
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Lovely news ALLIE, look forward to pics.

Kate UK ❤️
  • Kfhontherttrack
    Kfhontherttrack Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sue-thank you for the suggestion for an app (Calm) for possible meditation/sleep assistance. I also have used some of the meditation/mindfulness programs on my fitbit app. My DH is not real thrilled when I turn them on. I’ve really been struggling with getting to sleep and staying asleep.

Allie-congratulations on the new grand baby. How wonderful is the miracle of new life?!

Today wasn’t a great day. I spent the day with my DH who finally felt well enough to get out. We ate out all three meals today and I went over my calorie limit. I’m disappointed with my choices, but we enjoyed our day out.

Karleen in Florida
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Congrats and big hugs, Allie. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Julie: Like Sue in WA, I also use an app called Insight Timer. I use guided meditations every morning by some very gifted providers, sleep stories or music at night to sleep, guided Reiki when needed, and free live events like yoga or group chanting when the spirit moves me. This app has been instrumental in helping me maintain equanimity.

Karen in VA: Be kind to yourself. You have alot on your shoulders, and in time, it will all be resolved.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Allie, congrats on the new grandson.

Heather, congrats on the publication of your short story.

Thanks to all the well wishes for my dad. I am at the hospital with him tonight. This is my first night staying, but my 8th straight day of being here all day long. My sister is finally here so she can chauffeur Mama back and forth. I wish they’d let her take a turn in the hospital room, but they won’t. I could only talk Mama into going home by staying myself. She has stayed for the last three nights. He’s had some setbacks. He is still at the hospital. We were expecting to go to rehab on Wednesday. Now the plan is Monday. They wanted to send him home on Thursday with hospice. Mama freaked and said no. We were still going to give rehab a chance. They discovered something called Zenker’s Diverticulum that was the source of the choking/coughing fits/falling. He’s been working with a speech therapist and a dietitian to help with that. Now that he has had a couple of successful days of non-episodic meal eating, they are more inclined to discuss rehab vs hospice. This is rough stuff, y’all. I’m not gonna lie.

I really hope things start improving for your father! :heart:

I am surprised they're letting you stay that long. When my husband was in hospital, they had quite strict visiting hours, and that was pre-COVID.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    ldfoeiktmmx7.png