1948CWB Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    YOGI ~ Happy Birthday!

xgyyx6h2co5h.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie – Congratulations on the new baby!!! :heart:

Dr. Katie - I am happy that you are able to spend time with your dad at the hospital. It sounds as though your dad has had a tough time. I hope that he is able to go to rehab and continue getting better.

Tracey – I have taken Christmas decorations down and put them in their boxes but they still sit in the garage until I can haul them up into the garage attic via a pully. It is a two-person job. I cannot imagine a -27 degree day. Plus 1 sounds like a huge improvement.

Twisteralla – Welcome!!!

Barbara – “Be still and listen-“ Brilliant and a difficult challenge!

Terri – Congratulations to your granddaughter who is returning to Oxford to present her thesis and have a job. You must be a very proud grandma!

Heather – Congrats on your publication in Express magazine &/or People magazine. WTG!!!!!

Flea – Congratulations on your good health results. YAY!!!

We have an overcast sky and the river is deep but not worrisome. I am planning to stay cozy and warm at home. The Christmas ornaments are in their boxes and waiting for us to haul them up into the garage attic. I am ready to get it done. I’m not sure about DH’s willingness to work on the project. Time will tell.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Heather con very grats on the story.
    Michele fingers X’d Jess gets accepted to one of the nearby schools instead of far away Colorado.
    Pip happy Birthday Yogi! Cute pup sure grew up handsome!

Note to self. After blotting dry the blanched brussels sprouts, do not dump the kitchen towels in the laundry basket. :sick:
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    46ovyba53a2d.gif
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,541 Member
    Options
    Awe, Happy Birthday Yogi!!!!! You are an amazing dog, your coat is magical, sometimes so shiny, it looks like you jumped in a vat of black shimmery tar, other times just silky like you slipped on a black fur coat, (duh Rebecca it IS a black fur coat) but I mean a mink fur coat with buttons.
    Enjoy that cake!
    Rebecca
    (Dogless on Whidbey)
    WA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Kim ~ Levi is beautiful! :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,541 Member
    Options
    Flea, such positive news! So happy for you guys that the numbers on your tests showed great improvement!👍💖🙏
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,035 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Good morning, my little chickadees. I was up early today to get in my workouts. I'm just about to go out to the local shops to get meat for the Sunday dinner and some bread. We did our main shopping on Wednesday, and our big supermarket had already filled all the Christmas shelves with Easter eggs. There weren't many gaps on the shelves even though it was quite early.

Weather has taken a turn to cold. We don't get much snow, but we went to check up on brother-in-law's house up the country, and there was a smattering of snow on the hill he lives on.

Granddaughter has returned to Oxford,. She has got a job, so will be remaining there after she presents her thesis.

Take care all,
    Slowly catching up 😂
    Pg 18

☘️ Terri

Terri- I LOVE your morning welcome. I had a great aunt that always called us her "little chickadees" Such sweet memories of her. Thank you for bringing back that memory this morning.

I will be taking our Christmas tree down today too. starting to lean a bit from the one cat that was hiding under it I think. I love the lights but can't keep it up all year and I do like the empty space- won't stay empty long. We picked up two cat trees that will go in that corner.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Great news Flea!

I laid out my calories in advance today. I can have a slice of pie if it's my only snack, and I do my dumbbells tonight. Looking forward to that even though I remember being disappointed by it before. It's just hard when my dad eats it in front of me at dinner.

Annie in Delaware

I totally understand. Trying to get back on track after being off for months(and the scale showed it) and dh comes in with pizza one day, fried chicken another day, doughnuts or other stuff and continues to ask if I want some. No thanks. A little later, are you sure you don't want some- um, NO. He is diabetic and shouldn't be eating this stuff either but doesn't stop him UNLESS I am offering him something and then he throws the diabetic card in-
    Most of the time(after being on MFP for a few years and sticking to it) I am not tempted. Irritated but not really tempted. But, there are some times. I do eat it and feel so sick after, wishing I hadn't eaten it. Fresh, warm doughnuts are the worst. They smell great, taste great but I am sick within 10 min of eating them. No sweets in the morning for me-does this to me every time

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    Flea - congrats on good results

Katybug - such a hard decision and it seems so sudden.

Heather - congrats on the story.

Barbara - in 2008 I had a pulmonary embolisim. In an effort at recovery I joined a laughter yoga class at our church. It focuses on using laughter with movement to exercise the different parts of the lungs. For example "ha ha ha" works the upper part while "ho ho ho" works lower lungs. We do some imaging and suit actions to that and usually finish with a guided meditation either sitting or lying down. At first it really stretched my comfort limits but my breathing grew better and eventually I became an instructor.

Believe in you capacity to change. We,ve got this. Sue in WA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

yogi bday walk w/family- 2hrs 59min 55sec, 83ahr, 104mhr, 123elev, 3.0ap, 8.14mi= 784c
    Strava app = 900c
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    We found out why the meat/seafood department at the other Safeway was closed- someone had Covid and continued to work(must not have had symptoms as they do temp check before they can start work each day) and gave it to the whole department.
    Yesterday that same store had NO checkers at all- just self check out.
    We think that is what happened to the bank inside of that store. They are opening up on the 28th of this month.

Debbie
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,417 Member
    Options
    Debbie: I have the same problems if I eat things like doughnuts. Why do we still do it when we suffer so much when we do. 😂
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Good evening all:

Sitting here enjoying a cup of tea. Today has been very lazy. I picked up a cold and have felt very tired and miserable today. Late today I took a home test for Covid and it was negative, so that's good. Colds are still miserable! I will likely stay home from church tomorrow-no need to spread stuff around and on the off chance I had a false negative, I'll wait til I feel recovered.

Kim in N. Carolina-glad you have gotten better insurance. More importantly, I am glad you have found a doctor to help you. I have been very fortunate with Insurance the last 30 or so years.

Hoping temperatures are a bit warmer tomorrow. I would like to get out for a walk.

Going to go back under my warm blanket and just stay cozy for the night. Will take some nighttime cold meds in a bit so I can breathe through the night.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio