• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family, walk to doc- 1hr 20min 42sec, 8elev, 3.08ap, 86ahr, 104mhr, 4.27mi= 406c
    Strava app = 516c
    Walk w/family, from doc to home- 1hr 40min 43sec, 2.98ap, 59elev, 89ahr, 120mhr, 5.12mi= 477c
    Strava app = 619c

Total 9.39mi
    Total cal 883
    23229steps
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Went to the eye MD Tues. I do have cataracts in both eyes but nothing is to be done right now. She also prescribed some eyedrops to forestall the development of glaucoma. Ceramics at night. Then Wednesday went and got my haircut (Vince did too at the same time) and had Newcomer bowling that night. I didn’t do well at all. Vince said to me at home “I get the feeling that you really aren’t interested in getting better, you seem to just get up there and bowl. Not really, I’m just not competitive. I’m not going to stand there and try to figure out what I did wrong (not that I could figure it out anyway), I want to enjoy myself.

Today picked up at at-home sleep study unit, went to the Salvation Army, then WalMart (my list of things stores are out of is growing all the time it seems) then this afternoon had a landscaper here to discuss work that I want done. Vince is actually in agreement with this part. It has to do with the erosion etc. and he finds that important. I think a good lawn is also important.

Tomorrow is the Newcomer Winter Party (instead of a holiday party). I thought this was much better than a Holiday party. It’s after the holiday rush. Right before the holidays there’s this party and that party. Now is when you can truly enjoy yourself. Plus, evidently they got a real good deal, which makes sense. Business are super busy before the holidays because everyone is having their holiday parties. After the holidays they aren’t busy at all. So it looks like for a good price we got a good deal. For $25 per person, we’re getting appetizers, coupons for 4 drinks, music, dessert, a sit-down dinner (choice of prime rib and shrimp, a seafood melange, or a vegetarian entree) Only thing is, it starts at 6:30. To me, this is late. They’re having some sort of get-to-know-you game, and by the time you eat it’ll be after 7. Plus, I really don’t want to fill up on appetizers and drinks. Maybe they’ll have this game after dinner

Debbie – boy, your hubby sure got a sweet deal at work! So much paid off!

Heather – I’m sorry for your friend’s sister’s hubby

Barbara – always look forward to your posts. You answer so many people. It looks like Ken Jennings is the host of regular Jeopardy and Miam Bialik (or however you spell it) is the host of “specials” (like championships)

Lisa – our first cat would want the door opened in the middle of winter and just stand there. So I hear ya.

Ginny – so sorry about your niece

Structured eating: I could never eat the same thing over and over. I absolutely need variety. I may eat the same thing a few times in a row, but after it’s gone, I need to move onto something else.

Allie – what good news about Tracey!!! Are you counting down the hours? I bet Tracey is. To think, she’ll finally be able to see her feet again!!!!!...lol

katie – take care of yourself

Karleen – some people add in their exercise calories, some don’t. Like I don’t. If I go over on calories a bit, I figure I have a little “wiggle room”

Kylia – when Vince had cataract surgery, improvement was immediate. He couldn’t wait to have them do the second eye

Sending welcomes to everyone new, good thoughts to those dealing with problems

Rita – yea for the gain in bone density.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Karen in Richmond, VA— Thinking of you and your family. Hoping for a good outcome & for good health. ❤️
  • Kfhontherttrack
    Kfhontherttrack Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the insight about the exercise calories. I have been eating them, but you all are correct in saying if I. Trying to lose weight I shouldn’t. I’ll probably try to add a few (MFP will sometimes tell me I’m not eating enough if I stay below my 1200 calorie goal). Today I rode my bicycle a mile to do yoga for an hour, then rode back home. I also took a walk this afternoon with my DH and our doggie. Right now, I seem to be really focused on getting exercise since I’m in Florida.

You all are such an inspiration! I enjoy reading your posts each day.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Went to the eye MD Tues. I do have cataracts in both eyes but nothing is to be done right now. She also prescribed some eyedrops to forestall the development of glaucoma. Ceramics at night. Then Wednesday went and got my haircut (Vince did too at the same time) and had Newcomer bowling that night. I didn’t do well at all. Vince said to me at home “I get the feeling that you really aren’t interested in getting better, you seem to just get up there and bowl. Not really, I’m just not competitive. I’m not going to stand there and try to figure out what I did wrong (not that I could figure it out anyway), I want to enjoy myself.

Debbie – boy, your hubby sure got a sweet deal at work! So much paid off!

Michele NC

He started way back when he was 17. They have an "85 and OUT" clause- your years in with the company plus your age= 85, you can retire with full pension. He was able to retire at 52 because of that but really too young to totally retire. He was fine with the limitations on hours but was great when the dropped it at first. Now, he is ready for them to cut back but they are so short handed there that he helps in three departments. Next week he will be working a full 40 hrs. The money is nice but his body is really paying the price. His hours are pretty much graveyard shifts(his choice to limit contact with customers) plus having had double hip replacement twice, he is either sleeping or in pain pretty much all the time(and complaining about it ALL THE TIME)- He should go to bed early but he doesn't then complains about being tired. He is working on 3-4 hrs sleep most nights.
    Every time he wants to cut back on hours, someone calls in sick or something and they need him to work.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, 142!, readings, BP, mfp50+, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, H20x6
    Bonus: foggy misty beach walk with Joe and the dogs, bank, post office, library, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, recycling, veg prep, bequest committee emails.
    Workin’ on it:
    Happier January 2022
    6:Take 5 minutes to just sit still and breathe. Shoulda done with osteo back. Tomorrow.

Skipped play training today, along with T’ai Chi and osteo back, but the misty, moisty beach walk with Joe and the dogs was worth disrupting the schedule 

Lisa “… healthy, happy, loving and loved.” truth this.
    Welcome @pinh Anna in Ann Arbor! Arranging, or linking new good habits to existing ones really helps me.
    Ginny ((hugs))
    Luck, courage and all that sort of stuff to you Julie. You can do this!
    Annie congrats on continuing both the elliptical and the yoga. Well done!
    Rebecca your eldest reenlisted on a mountain? Oh as part of SAR training. How long will his tour of duty extend past his time in Guam?
    Kay ((hugs)) so sorry to hear about your father’s fall. Hope you can get some good quality sleep.
    Katla brava for the mammo. Skilled techs are a blessing. Glad to hear you are ok safe at home. Were your grocery shelves full?
    Heather revenge focaccia and stinking cheese, you are my kind of gal!
    Karleen, no need to apologize, just jump in when you can. Congrats for sticking to your calorie limit.
    Sue car fixers didn’t have the right kind of fuse? SMH.
    Machka the word picture you paint of Rhody stalking the steer made me smile ;)
    Kylia when Joe had his cataract surgery, the improvement in his vision was immediate, within a few days of the surgery. Hope your Dr. thinks you’ll be A-OK 3 weeks afterwards.
    Rori fingers Xd real tight for your sister’s test results and your trip.

Easily met step goal today thanks to beach walk and mega shopping. Challenge will be to make step goal tomorrow as the pouring down rain continues…

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.

mv5x2gacgdg0.gif

His tour of duty in Guam is for 6 years. His reenlistment is only for 2 years. So hopefully in 2 years he will make 1st Class Petty Officer. There's only a specific amount of served time you can be a 2nd Class. It will be interesting, and hopefully his superiors in Guam will look at the records and go, " oh we need to make him a 1st Class to keep him! Fingers crossed with that one!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • Whidislander
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    qr6wd2qenr78.jpeg

Boop!💖👍😊
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Heather – your support for your friend is wonderful. I’m so sorry for her loss, and her sister’s.

Rori – Sleeping in and getting behind on housework doesn’t seem like you, but you had the worst year of your life in 2021! Give yourself time to heal, woman. Hope the San Diego trip is a go.

Rebecca – What a wonderful re-enlistment site! He looks like he was having a ton of fun. It’s a memory of a lifetime.

Kay -I’m so sorry about your dad’s fall. COPD is such a horrible disease. Hope the rehab is very successful. As everyone has said, be kind to yourself.

Ginny – I’m so sorry about your niece.

Karleen in Florida – Glad you’re here, welcome to a terrific group of women. You’ll get tons of good advice on eating back your exercise calories, and probably better than mine would be. 😊

Sue – Hope your fuse has been fixed and your daughter’s safe at home by now!

Machka – Your holiday sounds wonderful and peaceful. I did have to go look up a pademelon. New Zealand in general seems to have cornered the market in cute marsupials.

Kylia – Get the cataract surgery done, don’t wait. There will never be a good time, and that lack of night vision is unnerving.

Margaret – love those images, especially the building with the swirling colors of sky.

Carol – I love the fact that you encourage your granddaughter to paint—her painting was impressive!

Allie - the big day is nearly here!

Will pop back in later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

Yep. Because he shot me that picture, I was mentally right there with him. I asked to join the SAR NAS site today, because I wanted more photos! Lol!
    Reason you want to join:_____ "because you flew my son up to a mountain and reenlisted him! I want more photos of that"! (lol)
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Phew! This has been an interesting day! Joined a group of ladies on my fasting group site for an all day fast. Currently I am at 27 hrs. Tomorrow I am having some wheat Chex cereal with a banana and honey on top. Then maybe chicken soup with potatoes, cabbage and wild rice. When I stop my fast tomorrow it will be 41 hrs. No worries, these aren't fasting hours they're healing hours. 👍💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    As promised ... the story of our trip to Maria Island toward the end of November. :smiley::smiley:

A true story ... with a twist! :grin:

Maria Island, Tasmania

When we left the island on February 27, 2016, we said we’d be back. We had no idea it would be 5 years and 9 months later.

But life happens …

http://machka.net/2021/11/27/maria-island/

And all the photos!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157720182692278

2fisv5gck0nq.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Machka – Your holiday sounds wonderful and peaceful. I did have to go look up a pademelon. New Zealand in general seems to have cornered the market in cute marsupials.

Will pop back in later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

I had to look up pademelon too when I first heard of them. It didn't sound right at all!

(Tasmania is part of Australia. :wink: )

I knew that scale was fickle! I gained half a pound. Must have been that lunch out. Well, I'm staying home for the rest of January.

Actually I always gain weight when I start exercising more. Seems like I gain the muscle before the fat burns off. I am down at 1100 calories, except when I eat out. I just have to have faith that this will work in the long run. And log every little bit. Maybe measure some more.

But not panic and not give up.

Annie in Delaware

That weight gain will likely be water weight not muscle. It takes a lot more exercise to start gaining muscle but our bodies do retain water when we exercise because they're protecting the muscle.

I have found that when I am getting into exercise after having not done it for a while, I retain water with low levels of exercise.

But once I've been exercising for a while, I stop retaining water with low levels of exercise and retain water with higher levels of exercise.

For example, if I had weighed myself after my husband's and my longer bicycle ride earlier in the week, I would have likely gained weight because that was more exercise than I'm used to ... and it would have been water weight.

Just keep building up the exercise and otherwise do what you're doing. :)

M in Oz

• Katla49
    Options
    I had a quiet day today and it was a blessing. I had the chance to rest a bit. 😘
  • Katla49
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies.
    Barbara -I have played party bridge for years but recently started learning duplicate. Haven’ learned how to score it yet.
    Debbie-my dermatologist also told me to use men’s retinal along with another prescriptions. He also gave me steroid shots.
    He said it will take a long time to grow back.
    Kay- sorry to hear about your dad. Take care of you.
    Hopefully, we will get to have our family Christmas this weekend. Everyone is well.
    SueBDew in TX
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Evening ladies.
    Barbara -I have played party bridge for years but recently started learning duplicate. Haven’ learned how to score it yet.
    Debbie-my dermatologist also told me to use men’s retinal along with another prescriptions. He also gave me steroid shots.
    He said it will take a long time to grow back.
    Kay- sorry to hear about your dad. Take care of you.
    Hopefully, we will get to have our family Christmas this weekend. Everyone is well.
    SueBDew in TX

I use the https://smile.amazon.com/Basic-Care-Minoxidil-Solution-Treatment/dp/B07QGKPZXQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=JDBF9SMVJX1A&amp;keywords=minoxidil+for+women&amp;qid=1641526217&amp;rdc=1&amp;sprefix=minoxid,aps,222&amp;sr=8-1-spons&amp;spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFKTVoyWlQ3S0xYU0YmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAwMTg2NzgyMEVRSzk3S0JXN0FSJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA4NzYxMzMzVU9TSVdYTDNORk5VJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&amp;th=1

The price has gone up since I bought it but still not bad for three months supply-I bought it twice. Not using it now but have more if I want to use again(I just forgot about it)