• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,889 Member
    Options
    Walking inside on a rainy afternoon ...

qt8ne13qbsl9.png
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Kylia-I personally would go ahead and get cataracts taken care of-I would hate to wait until the fall. Maybe they can fit you in later in March?

Rorie-I do hope your San Diego trip can happen. In terms of you energy-you have been through a lot this past year. Perhaps it is your body helping itself heal.

Machka-you have such interesting side holidays. I believe my two cats would revolts if I tried to lease them. At this point they are so old (going on 13 years) trying to retrain would be futile.

We are looking at our coldest day of the winter today. 20 degrees F for high (which I believe is around -6 or -7 C). It does not look like we are getting much if any of the snow going around. It was quite windy yesterday. Strange weather, but I can’t complain. We are much better off in our area of the country than many others.

I am not feeling 100%. While my sinuses are a bit stuffy (which happens every winter this time of year), I believe it is the stupid UTI issues. I don’t see doctor until Jan. 14. I am trying to hold off taking another course of antibiotic until then so he can better assess things. This is just really annoying. I need to remember that others are dealing with much worse things! However, if further cold-like symptoms develop, I have home test for Covid and I will take one and hunker down.

Going to do my stretches to get my day started. Even if I’m not very energetic this morning, every bit of movement counts and helps us.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Heather – your support for your friend is wonderful. I’m so sorry for her loss, and her sister’s.

Rori – Sleeping in and getting behind on housework doesn’t seem like you, but you had the worst year of your life in 2021! Give yourself time to heal, woman. Hope the San Diego trip is a go.

Rebecca – What a wonderful re-enlistment site! He looks like he was having a ton of fun. It’s a memory of a lifetime.

Kay -I’m so sorry about your dad’s fall. COPD is such a horrible disease. Hope the rehab is very successful. As everyone has said, be kind to yourself.

Ginny – I’m so sorry about your niece.

Karleen in Florida – Glad you’re here, welcome to a terrific group of women. You’ll get tons of good advice on eating back your exercise calories, and probably better than mine would be. 😊

Sue – Hope your fuse has been fixed and your daughter’s safe at home by now!

Machka – Your holiday sounds wonderful and peaceful. I did have to go look up a pademelon. New Zealand in general seems to have cornered the market in cute marsupials.

Kylia – Get the cataract surgery done, don’t wait. There will never be a good time, and that lack of night vision is unnerving.

Margaret – love those images, especially the building with the swirling colors of sky.

Carol – I love the fact that you encourage your granddaughter to paint—her painting was impressive!

Allie - the big day is nearly here!

Will pop back in later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)

Carol in GA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    Re exercise calories: I eat a proportion of them back. I rarely eat them all back. I believe they give me a cushion against unexpected munchies, although I have found that I am much less like to give into the munchies these days. I think that this may be one of the reasons I am still losing ever so slowly despite being in maintenance.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Ive been out to my daughters,i just looked at my last post geesh my spelling was horrible
    Anyway.. Carmine got the second vaccine and came into the house in a snit because mom ordered her a medium fry not a large fry at McDonald's honestly kids are so freakin fickle..
    I dropped everything off except the food im taking over..
    Then went over and got Homer out ,then came home and got the garbage out..
    Now will do dishes and pack a bag of food and will drop Alfie off after they get home and come home and take a shower ..
  • auditgoddess
    auditgoddess Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fun stories walking cats! Thanks for sharing.

Machka: That is an amazing place to walk! So beautiful!!!!

You all are keeping me coming back for more. I'm hoping this connection will help me continue to log my food. Tracking those calories is very helpful! Have a wonderful Thursday!

Sandy in Texas (and sometimes Tennessee)
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options

Actually I always gain weight when I start exercising more.

Annie in Delaware

I have that experience too.

Tina in CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Today the river level here is higher than in a very long time and the water is a brownish color. I am happy to be warm and cozy inside. 😊
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Did not sleep well. Weird dreams. Strangely unsettled. Nevertheless, I managed to break my PR on the elliptical and did a good writing stint.

After lunch I cut DH's hair, not my favourite job, and tried to get Bea's sooty blob out of the carpet. Rowed for 30 minutes and finished my excellent German series on Netflix, The Last Word. Then had a nap.
    My friend L was trying to finalise a date for her partner's funeral, so the potential phone call was postponed. She was hoping to secure the 19th.

Delicious porcini ravioli for dinner and I made a shredded brussel sprouts and carrot salad to go with it, using up leftovers. Rather too much oil as a sauce, but I burned 900 calories so I squeaked in.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    ☘️