• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    ☘Terri
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) On Dec 26, the first day of the snow, I dropped my flashlight somewhere in the snow and had no idea where it was so I ordered a new one. The new one arrived on Wednesday. Today with the snow melting I found it frozen into the ice in the driveway. After letting it warm up and dry out, it works. A small thing, but the source of great joy.
    <3 Barbie in NW WA

Sometimes it's the little things that bring us the most joy. :D

Tina in CA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,385 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Kay ... so sorry to hear your dad fell! Praying the short-term rehab is beneficial and he can soon be home again.

Beth
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Allie: 🤞🏻That all goes well.
    Rebecca: He looks so happy 😂
    DrKatie: That’s not good. (((Hugs))) I fully understand the ‘joy’s of looking after elderly parents. And yes! Do cut yourself a lot of slack. No point in adding any more stress.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Allie – I hope you will be safe inside. Freezing rain is dangerous.

Rebecca – Your son is a good man. You are a proud mom, and that is wonderful.

Heather – So sorry about your friend’s conflicted feeling about not being able to be with her sister. Grief is difficult for us all and I am sorry for her situation & her loss.

Dr. Katie – So sorry your dad fell and broke his hip. It is good that surgery fixed it. I hope the rehab will help him get back home. You must be exhausted!

We have high water levels in the river today, but they are not too high for comfort. It is a good day to stay warm and cozy at home.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    😈☃️👽🛸🌵
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Ginny - Your niece was so young. (((Hugs)))

Dr Katie - You have had so much to deal with. Yes, be kind to yourself <3

I walked in to Central Hove this afternoon to exchange the cylinder of gas for my soda machine. They had sold out. :sad:
    In revenge I bought focaccia and cinnamon buns from a hugely expensive baker. >:) It is all in the freezer. The buns will wait for a guest breakfast.
    Then I popped into the mega supermarket and bought our favourite porcini and truffle ravioli. Will have one packet tomorrow. The other is in the freezer.

Tonight is duck legs, potatoes, brussel sprouts and spinach in crême fraiche.

Oh and I also bought some stinky Epoisses cheese. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Dr. Katie, When your dad settles into the rehab place, I hope you can get the rest you need.
    Thinking of so many people facing challenges in this new year.

Betsy in NW WA

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Kay ~ So sorry about your dad's continuing health problems.

Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Allie – I hope you will be safe inside. Freezing rain is dangerous.

Rebecca – Your son is a good man. You are a proud mom, and that is wonderful.

Heather – So sorry about your friend’s conflicted feeling about not being able to be with her sister. Grief is difficult for us all and I am sorry for her situation & her loss.

Dr. Katie – So sorry your dad fell and broke his hip. It is good that surgery fixed it. I hope the rehab will help him get back home. You must be exhausted!

We have high water levels in the river today, but they are not too high for comfort. It is a good day to stay warm and cozy at home.

Katla in NW Oregon

I appreciate your words. I am going to miss that kid, but I have a feeling he will be emailing, or messaging me every other day from Guam. He is just that kind of kid. We are always sending each other stuff, and I live with him, so I hope and pray, that it will continue.💖🙏👍
    Rebecca
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,912 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    DD driving my car again today to get to work so I am unable to get to the YM for water exercise. She took the car in to get a new battery and when they were installing the battery they blew a fuse. They did not have one to replace it and had to get one overnighted from CA. So I am snug at home and made chicken vegetable soup in the crockpot for tonight.

Snow is continuing to melt very slowly. Still some very slippery spots out there.

Heather - so very sorry for your friend.

Katybug - hope your dad recovers quickly.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA