• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Kfhontherttrack
    Kfhontherttrack Posts: 82 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    So, do you all do the added calories due to exercise? I use a fitbit and when I get a certain number of steps, my calorie allowance goes up. I know it’s supposed to figured according to weight loss goals, but I’m wondering if that’s defeating the purpose for exercise (calorie deficit=weight loss). It sure is nice to feel rewarded for putting forth extra effort for exercise.

Karleen in Florida
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in-ladies group in a few. Got home from gym and ate quick dinner and checked in here.

Julie—I may be missing something-are you currently teaching or just working on thesis?

Dr. Katie-sorry to hear about your dad. Agree with others-take care of yourself. We are usually bad at giving ourselves grace.

Annie-parents are almost impossible to train. Good job sticking with your exercise plan.

Allie-hoping everything goes well tomorrow. Exciting times!

Rebecca-I am sure you are proud of your son. Very cool way to reenlist!

Heather-I find the idea of cinnamon buns for revenge appealing.

Regarding added calories due to exercise-for me it depends. I will eat many of them but only when I feel confident I have been logging correctly. When you have things set to lose weight, if logging is correct, you should be ok-you can check it out by seeing if you continue with weight loss while eating them back.

Off to see my group.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    I aim to eat back about half my exercise calories. Different people have different approaches, but you have to experiment to see what gives you the rate of weight loss you are happy with.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    We are okay. We stocked up at the grocery store today and can stay comfortable at home. Thanks to heaven for the phone company and the internet, we can stay connected with family and friends. Stay as safe as you can.

Katla
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    So, do you all do the added calories due to exercise? I use a fitbit and when I get a certain number of steps, my calorie allowance goes up. I know it’s supposed to figured according to weight loss goals, but I’m wondering if that’s defeating the purpose for exercise (calorie deficit=weight loss). It sure is nice to feel rewarded for putting forth extra effort for exercise.

Karleen in Florida

I usually eat a portion of my exercise calories.

When I was on my big weight loss mission in 2015, I usually did this:

If I did light exercise like walking for an hour, I would eat about half my exercise calories.

If I did moderate exercise like cycling for 2 or 3 hours or running for an hour, I would eat about 3/4 of my exercise calories.

If I did a lot of exercise like cycling for 5 or 6 hours or running for a couple hours, I would eat pretty close to all my exercise calories.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Thinking of all of you going through difficult times. :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Dddd
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Hugs to all especially Heather, Ginny, and Kay.
    I had eye appointment today. One year ago I was told I had cataracts beginning. Well, apparently they got bad quickly. When my night vision was tested I totally failed the left eye and was only about 30% good in right. Now the conundrum...I can get surgery on both in Feburary and it is scheduled, but I am going to the Charlotte speedway March 8th to drive the track in a gt500. Almost 3 weeks after second eye....oldest daughter and my DH think if they got this bad this fast I need to follow through with surgery. I would rather wait til Fall. I guess I will talk with eye dr more tomorrow. Experiences with cataract sugery?

Exercise calories... mfp already figures in a deficit, so they recommend eating the calories. I am more like Machka and eat more if the physical exertion is there. I rarely eat all of the extras though to allow for so so measuring and calorie counts. Logging is important as well as reaching yourself to listen to hunger cues.
    I am exhausted and heading to sleep .

Machka Your getaway sounds wonderful!

Kylia in Ohio
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Kylia - my mom went from mild cataracts to almost complete blindness in 6 weeks. She had the first one done, 2 weeks later the 2nd one, and had 20 20 vision in 2 days. she has not worn glasses since (6 months or so) and she had been wearing glasses since she was 7 years old.

Kim in N. California
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Hugs to all especially Heather, Ginny, and Kay.
    I had eye appointment today. One year ago I was told I had cataracts beginning. Well, apparently they got bad quickly. When my night vision was tested I totally failed the left eye and was only about 30% good in right. Now the conundrum...I can get surgery on both in Feburary and it is scheduled, but I am going to the Charlotte speedway March 8th to drive the track in a gt500. Almost 3 weeks after second eye....oldest daughter and my DH think if they got this bad this fast I need to follow through with surgery. I would rather wait til Fall. I guess I will talk with eye dr more tomorrow. Experiences with cataract sugery?

Exercise calories... mfp already figures in a deficit, so they recommend eating the calories. I am more like Machka and eat more if the physical exertion is there. I rarely eat all of the extras though to allow for so so measuring and calorie counts. Logging is important as well as reaching yourself to listen to hunger cues.
    I am exhausted and heading to sleep .

Machka Your getaway sounds wonderful!

Kylia in Ohio

I had cataract surgery about 5-6 yrs ago- mine, like yours, progressed very quickly. I had both done and have had no problems with them. The worst part was the iv(I HATE them). Both healed quickly

Debbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I hope to see all of you tomorrow. I am ready to rest for a bit— ❤️😘❤️😘
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, 142!, readings, BP, mfp50+, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, H20x6
    Bonus: foggy misty beach walk with Joe and the dogs, bank, post office, library, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, recycling, veg prep, bequest committee emails.
    Workin’ on it:
    Happier January 2022
    6:Take 5 minutes to just sit still and breathe. Shoulda done with osteo back. Tomorrow.

Skipped play training today, along with T’ai Chi and osteo back, but the misty, moisty beach walk with Joe and the dogs was worth disrupting the schedule 

Lisa “… healthy, happy, loving and loved.” truth this.
    Welcome @pinh Anna in Ann Arbor! Arranging, or linking new good habits to existing ones really helps me.
    Ginny ((hugs))
    Luck, courage and all that sort of stuff to you Julie. You can do this!
    Annie congrats on continuing both the elliptical and the yoga. Well done!
    Rebecca your eldest reenlisted on a mountain? Oh as part of SAR training. How long will his tour of duty extend past his time in Guam?
    Kay ((hugs)) so sorry to hear about your father’s fall. Hope you can get some good quality sleep.
    Katla brava for the mammo. Skilled techs are a blessing. Glad to hear you are ok safe at home. Were your grocery shelves full?
    Heather revenge focaccia and stinking cheese, you are my kind of gal!
    Karleen, no need to apologize, just jump in when you can. Congrats for sticking to your calorie limit.
    Sue car fixers didn’t have the right kind of fuse? SMH.
    Machka the word picture you paint of Rhody stalking the steer made me smile ;)
    Kylia when Joe had his cataract surgery, the improvement in his vision was immediate, within a few days of the surgery. Hope your Dr. thinks you’ll be A-OK 3 weeks afterwards.
    Rori fingers Xd real tight for your sister’s test results and your trip.

Easily met step goal today thanks to beach walk and mega shopping. Challenge will be to make step goal tomorrow as the pouring down rain continues…

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.

mv5x2gacgdg0.gif