1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Well i was bad and went back to sleep.. i guess because i slept on a couch for 3 nights..
    Kelly- thank you for giving me a little push of a note to write to Carmine I know it must be so very very hard for him,and its hard for me to try and get used to using the correct pronouns.. Yes he is one angry young person
    But Kyle also has that temperment so Carmine has the predisposition for that too
    It kills me to not text Tracy and know she is home and ask about the baby.. but I will hold off I know this time is for them to bond and get into a routine.. it was mich different when I had Tracy and Dan ,my husband had to work and wasnt as rigid as Kyle and I wanted to be around my parents ,I had a c section with both my kids and I think I stayed with my parents both times and i felt comforted in that..different times
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Yesterday I went to my yoga class for the first time since before Christmas. It was wonderful to spend time with longtime friends. Today I managed to get the garbage bins to the road for weekly pick-up. It was in the nick of time. Thankfully, my garbage bins have been emptied and they are back in the garage. :bigsmile:

Allie – You are a wonderful grandma. Seeing baby Miles and scooting is tactful and I’m sure the parents appreciated it. Taking Carmine to McDonalds was a good idea, even if she isn’t outwardly grateful.

Heather – I hope you are feeling better soon.

Margaret – The 20’s would be a deep freeze where we live. This morning it is 43F and raining.

Lisa – Thank goodness that you have found a good doctor through the VA. Three cheers!!! I hope things will improve for you.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with our dentist. DH will have one the next day. A neighbor recommended her & we have both been pleased with her.

Katla in rainy NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Lesson one - for an energy boost, turn on the radio. Why do I keep forgetting that? Classic rock always perks me up a bit. Some day I will be fit enough to dance again.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    ☘️ Terri
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Had two naps today, morning one and afternoon. Feeling about the same, but hoping for an improvement tomorrow. Haven't got out of my pyjamas. Did manage to provide simple food. Dinner was falafel and hummus with salad and fluffy pitta.
    DH went to pick up Bea and she managed to wet herself in the park, so it was a long, slow, walk home!! Luckily Max's piano lessons have moved to Wednesday, so he tagged along for some of it and discussed re-wilding. :p Bea made me a lovely Get Well card. Her writing has come along really well recently. Her drawing is amazing for her age.

DH arrived back around 6 pm. Lazy evening to come with archaeology and Midsomer Murders. Professor Alice Roberts, who presents Digging For Britain is one of my dream dinner party guests. :D<3
    Hope to be back at the exercise tomorrow.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the nice comments avout being a good grandma..im sure trying..
    I did twxt Tracy and she sent me a picture of the little guy smiling in his careseat,they took him to the pediatrician for his first appointment just to make sure he us gaining weight and he is,so he doesnt have to go back for 2 weeks..
    I didnt know what to order them for a new baby gift, so i ordered what is called a shusher.. and should help him sleep.
    Hopefully they like it,and I ordered Tracy nursing shirts
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    My ex used to say that we divided the housework fifty/fifty, then I hired out my half.

There was a nugget of truth there. Not a whole chicken, but a nugget.

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Yyyy
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    Options
    Well i was bad and went back to sleep.. i guess because i slept on a couch for 3 nights..

Going back to sleep isn't bad. Sleep is good!

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Mary-hope you and your husband continue with healing. My son received the antibodies and he thought they really helped him. I have heard from the start that movement is very helpful with covid to keep the lungs working. They do say that Omicron doesn't seem to hit the lungs quite as hard-but who knows what variant they have?

KJ-glad you are on the mend.

Allie-I think you are being thoughtful.

Heather-hope you bounce back soon.

Made it through another day. Did make it to gym and get a workout in since I missed yesterday. I try to go Monday, Weds, Friday (no clue why-just a routine). Can't go tomorrow due to late afternoon meeting but may be able to sneak in a walk before ladies group. Thursday and Friday for gym is plan.

Dishes did not make it out of dishwasher. They are my equivalent to Kylia's clothes stuck in the washer. We all have something!

Going to get bloodwork in the morning for next week's visit with Endocrinologist at Ohio State next week. One of the tests can take up to a week to come back, and of course it is the major one we want. I will have my fill of doctors-urologist this Friday, dentist next Tuesday, endo next Wednesday. Hopefully that's it for a while.

Off to dig out lab orders for the morning, I am seriously looking at the dishwasher.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

walk w/family- to stores, 2hrs 45min 54sec, 56elev, 3.00ap, 84ahr, 110mhr, 8.51mi= 834c
    Strava app = 1027c