Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,289 Member
    Options
    ☘️ pg 55
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,767 Member
    Options
    He sent me a picture of Homer today and we have agreed that the dogs do not come into play.
    Yes he can speak his attorney ,im not going to get myself worked up that.. he made the mess .. and he will have to deal with it ..
    Tomorrow i drop Carmine at school and finally go see my little guy and let Tracy hop in the shower..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,373 Member
    Options
    Did part of Leslie Sansone 5 day Walk plan DVD. Work tomorrow then senior bowling then ceramics at night

M – the problem is that we WOULDN’T have spoken to each other. At least not yet. I wouldn’t say something until I knew that we were in agreement with our story. See, you talked about not going to your sister’s. In this case we hadn’t talked to get our story straight. Now we did, but not at the time. I just hesitate to say something unless I know that we’re in agreement.

Tracey – when MIL was in the Alzheimer's unit (she just had dementia), I got awful good at the “is that so? Tell me more” “Really????” I remember one time my father needed a new winter coat so I got one for him. A heavy one but I knew that he’d never accept it unless I “lied” and told him it was on sale. Yup, right! Amazing dream

Penny – do you get a lot of black ice up there? If you do, glad you have studded tires. I know when we lived in the Poconos, they knew how to take care of the roads. Here? What a joke! But then again, there isn’t much of a call to plow these roads so the people aren’t used to it.

Allie – good for you girl having Tom maybe pay the fees! I am so proud of how far you’ve come from the gal who used to let Tom run over her.

Minicooper – I’m not good at lying, either. And thinking up a lie on the fly – forget it. Unless, that is, if lying is for the good

Rebecca – I’ve also heard of someone being “not the brightest crayon in the box” “not the sharpest tool in the shed” “the elevator doesn’t go to the top” “all the lights are on but no body’s home” “one can short of a 6-pack”. Why don’t you ask your son if he’d like the shelf thing? You don’t know, you might be insulting him by giving it back to him. But on the other hand, explain that you were thinking that he might like it for athena’s things. Let him tell you what to do. Personally, I think it’s a very nice thought. But you never know how people might feel about it. He might prefer you have it, he might like it for himself, you never know

Allie – why would Tom send you a picture of Homer? Is he thinking custody? Speaking of Homer, wasn’t it him that the vet was thinking that he had doggie dementia? How did that work out?

Michele NC
    who is copying the tape of Bryan’s graduation right now
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,647 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Michelle- he knows that I love Homer and he is throwing out a picture of Homer just to show me him snuggled in his bed.. Elena and I both think that poor Homie has at least the startings of doggie dementia and yes the vet thought maybe so too.. i was at ther house one day and Tom.and Elena were there ans Homer just stood there in the family room and peed on the floor..,I yelled at him and he just kept peeing .. and of course Tom cleaned it up. But that just isnt normal.for Homer ..
    So things might get a bit sticky as things go on.. but I did not start all of this stuff he did.. years ago..and I will not permit him to ever do what he did to me ever again..
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Michelle - congrats to Dr. Jess.

KJ - did you ever get your wonter garden going?

Cold, foggy day today. DD and I got a section of fencing taken down that we were using for the goats but they are no longer in that area due to moving the old mobile home. Didn't see them this weekend but they still have equipment here so assume they are still planning to take it. Our arborist is planning to come Wednesday to prune the apple tree. They will need branches taken off the east side in order to move the mobile out.

Believe in your capacity to change, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,066 Member
    Options
    I walked for 30 mins in the basement today! Yay!

Still waiting for the weight loss to show.

Annie in Delaware

From my experience, it takes about a 30 lb drop before weight loss shows. :(
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did part of Leslie Sansone 5 day Walk plan DVD. Work tomorrow then senior bowling then ceramics at night

M – the problem is that we WOULDN’T have spoken to each other. At least not yet. I wouldn’t say something until I knew that we were in agreement with our story. See, you talked about not going to your sister’s. In this case we hadn’t talked to get our story straight. Now we did, but not at the time. I just hesitate to say something unless I know that we’re in agreement.

Tracey – when MIL was in the Alzheimer's unit (she just had dementia), I got awful good at the “is that so? Tell me more” “Really????” I remember one time my father needed a new winter coat so I got one for him. A heavy one but I knew that he’d never accept it unless I “lied” and told him it was on sale. Yup, right! Amazing dream

Penny – do you get a lot of black ice up there? If you do, glad you have studded tires. I know when we lived in the Poconos, they knew how to take care of the roads. Here? What a joke! But then again, there isn’t much of a call to plow these roads so the people aren’t used to it.

Allie – good for you girl having Tom maybe pay the fees! I am so proud of how far you’ve come from the gal who used to let Tom run over her.

Minicooper – I’m not good at lying, either. And thinking up a lie on the fly – forget it. Unless, that is, if lying is for the good

Rebecca – I’ve also heard of someone being “not the brightest crayon in the box” “not the sharpest tool in the shed” “the elevator doesn’t go to the top” “all the lights are on but no body’s home” “one can short of a 6-pack”. Why don’t you ask your son if he’d like the shelf thing? You don’t know, you might be insulting him by giving it back to him. But on the other hand, explain that you were thinking that he might like it for athena’s things. Let him tell you what to do. Personally, I think it’s a very nice thought. But you never know how people might feel about it. He might prefer you have it, he might like it for himself, you never know

Allie – why would Tom send you a picture of Homer? Is he thinking custody? Speaking of Homer, wasn’t it him that the vet was thinking that he had doggie dementia? How did that work out?

Michele NC
    who is copying the tape of Bryan’s graduation right now

If someone asks me about doing something, and I am feeling uncertain, and I haven't tried to talk to my husband about it (a process which may take 2-3 days), I respond with "Don't know, I'll check."

No need to create stories. It's all about being vague.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: 143.5, rx, Joe, 19 mins wii, readings, made up 1/5 T’ai Chi, osteo back, BP, livestream church, mfp50+, CI<CIO, CI<250<CO, active 4.54
    Bonus: ordered 4 free C-19 tests, emailed C + D, veg prep, stroll chat w/T and Shadow.
    Workin’ on it: H20x4
    Happier January 2022
    24: Take a small step toward an important goal./spoiler]

Penny beautiful ice-paved roads, but then there’s the slushy muck. Don’t miss that at all.
    Margaret “…being alive is a special occasion.” Thanks. I needed that.
    KJ I have good sinus luck with standing in steaming hot shower for 10 mins, 2 or3 times a day. Also eating very hot/spicy curry ;) Never could manage the neti pot, always felt choking/drowning.
    Carla good luck developing the “therapeutic lying” caregiving skill. That would have been hard for me too.
    Rebecca “alley chats” with that Tom Cat, you made me snort my water! :laugh: Sounds like your chief doesn’t understand that precious family treasures, like your son’s wooden shelves, become heirlooms to pass on to the generations.
    Machka good advice to Michele about being vague.

Another gorgeous 70F day. Lovely stroll/chat with T and Shadow in Azalea Park. Astonishing how many things are blossoming or budding out. Worrisome too, it’s only January, frosty February and gale force March are still ahead.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    l2afx4m2eax6.gif
  • Katla49
    Options
    We are looking for a new pup. Schooner passed away more than a year ago. We’ve contacted a local dog breeder and hope it will be a good situation. Our veterinarian’s office recommended this breeder. Keeping my fingers crossed that we may find a good puppy.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,316 Member
    Options
    No Burns Night this week. Edie is still testing positive! After 7 days! She has to have two negative tests before she can go back to school. No one else has tested positive. :o
    That means no Bea pick up tomorrow. :'(
    I'm missing them. Haven't seen them now for 3 weeks. :sad:
    My son has rescheduled for next Monday.

DH has opticians today. Bea managed to ruin his glasses. She also blobbed my rug with soot and Edie broke my magnifying mirror. I bought a new one. The joys of grandparenting. :p<3

KJ - The struggle never ends. I am sooo fed up at having gained weight recently. However, yesterday was very good calorie wise, so I am trying to keep optimistic. Fish soup tonight.
    I think my body has just got used to my regular CICO and is able to conserve calories, even though I am doing the same activity. I might try some dancing to shake things up,
    I'm lucky that I have the cruise to spur me on. I'm also trying not to bite my nails. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ANNIE good job on walking.

ANSWERING WHEN UNSURE that is very common here. people always say, something like, "in theory that could be good, can I get back to you on that" or "I think so" or "can I answer you on Wednesday" or "I have to check something can I get back to you on that" or many variations of that. My friend M who came here later than me, talked about this French thing of never deciding till last minute.

I forgot to say I did 30 min on stationary bike while watching video clips of SNL. I tried to keep my heart rate above 115, but sometimes slipped under; It said I only burned about 90 calories or so. Better than nothing.

Ok off to café for work.
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    On getting things done ... I have to keep reminding myself ...

xiz1433p37rr.png
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Sue in Wa and anyone else- there are a few pages I follow on either Facebook or YouTube- Ima Survivor Donkey and Farm Animal Sanctuary, Hanging with Paw Paw,Flip Flop Farmer,Shirtless Jakes Homestead,Living on Morrow Hill,and Catchin' up with Kim,now these are all one family down in texas the first one is the one that started it all all sorts of animals..
    Also Cog Hill Farm.. they are in Alabama..
    Arms Family Homestead.. they are in Oklahoma.. i really enjoy watching especially the whole family of Morrows ..
    Well have to get dressed and feed Alfie and take Carmine to school and go see Miles