WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Katla-may I suggest a rescue rather buying from a breeder
    Reason being the shelters are full of wonderful babies that need homes. And you might even be able to find a keeshound like you had.. check petfinder in your area..
    We have had purebreds that have had more health problems you can shake a stick at,but the mixes we have had alot less so..
    Only suggesting though.
    Well I got to spend this morning ..with the little guy this morning.. he is so adorable and that boy likes to eat.. I held him so mom could get some things done... he is the kind who doesnt like to be put down..
    But boy did sure feel good to snuggle a baby again..
    I went to pick up Carmine at school and i finally called her and she said she wanted to walk home after i had sat there for 1/2 hr waiting in line ,so I let Tracy know and she said let her walk home from now on..
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Lanette--Good to see you posting and very sorry to hear about DH's health. Sending prayers and hugs.

Carla--Sorry to hear you mom is not doing great. One day at a time is easier said than done. Sending prayers and hugs.

Michele--Great news! about Dr Jess. Proud mom moment for sure.

Flea--No words just prayers and hugs for you and your mom.

KJ--I know this cough has held on going on 3 weeks and just can not get it to go away.

Allie--Stand your ground and let the lawyer deal with Tom, and make him pay her fee. Do not let him use Homer to get you to do what he wants. What an A##

Well the funeral went well. I do think a couple ladies were his friends, but they were behaved. I think the pastor did a nice service and talked about the fact that no one is perfect and that we need to remember the good times.

Was a good weekend and the 3 grandchildren's parties went well. Back to work today and all the fun.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Allie - Animal Shelters are a possibility but the nearest to us is many miles from here. If we don’t find a pup nearby we may look farther away. There is a humane society in Portland, OR and it is a difficult trip in traffic from here. We may also find a local breeder. 🐶
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip— Thanks for your encouragement. We are hoping to schedule a visit to meet the breeder & the puppies. Keeping my fingers crossed.

we had a min. poodle when I was growing up.
    She was a really great dog.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • grandmallie
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Worked, then bowling, tonight ceramics. Tomorrow work, Vince’s allergy shot, ceramics at night. I lead a wild and crazy life, huh? :)

Allie – I know how hard it is to have a pet you’ve had for years and love but has dementia. There’s nothing you can do when they go to the bathroom on the floor. Poor Lexi has dementia. She used to be the most fastidious cat you ever met. Now, we have to brush her mats out. You can see her going from the sunroom to the mudroom with that “deer in the headlights” look. She has to use the litterbox, but she just can’t remember where it is. She knows the general location of the box, but not the exact location. Then there are times when she’s very lucid and uses the litter box. She’s totally deaf. I just can’t get mad at her because I know it isn’t her fault.

Barbara – I saw the startings of daffodils the other day!

Flea – feel better fast.

Picked up my Wood Woodpecker. Will post a picture of him tomorrow.

Michele NC
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Last time I came across this, I said "travel agency" because we could travel. Now that we're all grounded and not able to travel, we'll have to think of something else.

I could probably clear out the Laliques from a local antique shop for that. 🙂

gb81bbc5kksf.png

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    Tracey - It must be a different kind of test. Here you can go back to work etc if you have two successive days negative. Could be as early as day 5 and 6, but Edie was 8 and 9. Lateral Flow tests viral load, which is how infectious you are. Most people have boxes of the things, but pharmacists do run out! They are free.
    I'm the kind of person who likes my surroundings very 'personal' free. I sometimes have school photos of the kids up on a shelf for a while, but, generally, I like to keep everything minimal. I don't even have many pictures, and I love art. I would be happy in a modernist home. :laugh: I do display my ceramics. <3 DH likes it a bit more homely than me, so we have a compromise. I keep my junk in the utility room! It is a mess. Awful. Other places are the repository of my archives etc.(I have a lot) DH finds that difficult as well, but I'm not looking at them all day! I'm a secret junk girl.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Morning all. Not much time this morning. I’m off out to craft group.

Allie: I agree with the others. Let your attorney deal with that Tomcat. 🥰 that you got time with the little guy. Has he got a name yet?
    Heather: 😂 secret junk girl! That reminded me of my dear departed MiL. Her house was like pins on paper, but you had to be careful if you opened a cupboard, as they were crammed to the gills with stuff.
    Tracey: 🥰the mug.
    Penny: I have fond memories of the ice sculptures in the square near where our cruise ship was moored. You must have great views of the cathedral on the other side of the bridge. We attended a wonderful evening concert there during our visit.

We are planning on taking some of our unwanted belongings to goodwill this afternoon. It will be good to get it out of the house.

Have a great day.

☘️ Terri
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,505 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: 144.0, Joe, readings, osteo back, BP, dogs to powerline, mfp50+, CI<CIO, CI<250<CO, active 3.41
    Bonus: 15 mins vacuuming, 33 mins grooming Tumble, 2.5 loads laundry, printed + signed employer letter for BB, checked out BB’s pc at fire house for zoom setup.
    Workin’ on it: H20x6.
    Happier January 2022
    24: Take a small step toward an important goal. Learning/practicing 5/8th of Nothing but You.
    25: Decide to lift people up instead of put them down. Starting with me ;}.

Julie 30 mins laughing while riding stationary bike sounds very healthful to me!
    Carla fingers Xd sick grands don’t transmit. You have so much on your plate now.
    Katla ditto what Margaret, pip and Okie say. Hoping the right pup finds you soon. Which size poodle does the recommended breeder raise? We had poodles growing up and they would still be my preferred breed if I hadn’t become a “terrier” ;)
    Flea whooshing love and energy to you and yours.
    Rebecca good strategy getting your son to pack his own LEGOs ;)
    Heather your artful explorations are inspiring. No ruts for you! “secret junk girl” :laugh:
    Debbie horseradish on roast beef, (and no raw fish) si! Rebecca ketchup on corned beef, no! Mustard ;)
    Allie did Carmine say why they wanted to walk home? I’d wonder who they were meeting up with…
    Vicki what a wise and caring pastor.
    Michele, daffodils? Didn’t NC just get a big dump of snow?
    Tracey :love: the mug.
    Terri “…like pins on paper…” great image, then there’s Fibber McGee’s closet… ;)

Got laundry, vacuuming and made Tumble grooming progress while Joe was out to the acupuncturist and bank. Then had plenty of time to line dance but just didn’t. (grumpf.) Was able to get myself down to the firehouse to check out the loaner pc and TV set up for streaming training videos. All it needs for Zooming board meetings is a web cam and mic. Progress.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    llnbxmgxxx06.gif
  • Machka9
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi ...
    @fizzfizz
    @Brandywismer
    @linder4866
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    @annham
    @MA_B
    @downongreenacres
    @dtstylist
    @JustJenn68
    @Kfhontherttrack
    @auditgoddess
    @herronisland
    @southernmom3
    @tawny7
    @pinh
    @mrytckr
    @SFFirebird
    @Twistarella
    @coffeerose55
    @krwestlund7
    @chantalboam
    @cpblondie67

I hope I haven't missed anyone. I think you've all joined this thread this month. Just wanted to welcome you all again and encourage you to let us know how you're going this month. :)

In February, there will be a new thread and we'll continue the conversations there.

For you, and of course, for all of us here, I wonder ...

What are some highlights you've experienced in January 2022?

07yejn1eygh5.png

Machka in Oz (that's Australia, if you didn't guess)
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Terri- yes babys name is Miles
    And he is a cutie.
    We could possibly be getting a whopper storm this Saterday ..im hoping it passes by..
    Going to feed Alfie and get dressed and go pick up Carmine and then go back and take care of Miles for a bit and then go let Homer out
  • pinh
    pinh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The third week of January was not a great week for my activity commitments. I still kept logging but absolutely fell off the doing my modest activity plan. I still made myself do the weigh in and of course didn't make any progress towards weight loss goals, but I'm facing this week renewing my plan.

Thanks for the mention of the dance activity. Balance, lack of coordination, probably go together. I am a not so great dancer, but I can take those on. Years ago I got zumba materials and I have been meaning to dust them off.

Saw the sleep discussion. I've experienced that in the past. Sleep for 3 or 4 hours, wake up for 2 hours, sleep for another 3 hours. It stresses me out during the work week. I worry I won't fall asleep, won't get enough rest. If I exercise late in the day I'm likely to crash hard and sleep soundly.

LisaInArkansas-I also love my coffee and the pleasure of a weekend cup. I drink a cup every morning, but Mon-Friday there is no chance to savor.

-Anna
    Ann Arbor
  • Machka9
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Tomorrow is Australia Day and thus a day off work.

Last week, I worked 2 days at my former job, had Wednesday off, and worked 2 days at my new job.
    This week, I worked 2 days, will have Wednesday off tomorrow, will work Thursday and I've got Friday off.

I guess this is easing into the new job!

But I am having difficulty adjusting to the new work hours. My schedule for the past 8 years was reasonably comfortable. Now, everything has shifted back about an hour ... so I have to go to bed an hour, get up an hour earlier, and deal with different buses which simply aren't working well.

My work days have gone from leaving home at 8:30 am and returning at 6 pm (9.5 hours) to leaving home at 7:30 am and returning at about 5:45 pm (10.25 hours) and that mainly has to do with incredibly inconvenient bus schedules. For example, I left work at 4:45 pm today. It's about a 5 min walk to the bus stop and I figured there would be buses going where I wanted to go. Nope. Not till 5:05 pm. So I stood at the bus stop for 15 minutes.

Apparently the bus schedule is supposed change quite a bit as of next week to be more convenient ... we'll see. I really hope so, but the buses here aren't known for their convenience.

Anyway, I am exhausted because I can't sleep that early ... I just lie there ... and then I have to get up early and put in these long days (while wearing a mask the whole time).

I just keep telling myself it is a period of adjustment.

And happily, I have tomorrow off work!! :)

I might make a pavlova for Australia Day.

As for highlights, I've got a few idea. I'll let you know. :)

Machka in Oz