WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,980 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Last time I came across this, I said "travel agency" because we could travel. Now that we're all grounded and not able to travel, we'll have to think of something else.

I could probably clear out the Laliques from a local antique shop for that. 🙂

gb81bbc5kksf.png

Machka in Oz

I also thought of a computer store. I could probably drop $10,000 in a computer store. 🙂
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I would go to a furniture store. Our living room especially could use some sprucing up.

Went to water exercise class today. I usually participate fully but today the instructor asked us to go up to others face to face and tell each other our names. I felt uncomfortable doing that. Part of what I like about water exercise is the distance maintained between people and the added protection of the chlorine.

Arborist coming tomorrow to prune the apple tree. Hoping she will also cut down 2 dwarf weeping willows. I want to replace them with hydrangeas.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    10 000 to spend in 1 hour I think we saw this one a year or two ago. A computer would be easy.
    Storage, screen, laptop, new printer, scanner, accessories, and some gifts. Easy to spend since the prices go way up there!

Meeting V and M at café since V needs a teacher for a few hours in her school and M (young person) is interested, needs work and a foot in the door.
    We've been talking about it for many months but never got around to it so I made an appointment for a coffee together.

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,508 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: 142.4, readings, BP, SWSY, osteo back, dogs to powerline, Joe, made up 2/3 or 1/10’s line dancing (worked on Nothing But You, still stumbling over the last 2 sections of 8), mfp50+, CI<CIO, CI<250<CO, steps >7400, active 4.03
    Bonus: started taxes, ugh. Farewell note to Re :sad:
    Workin’ on it: H20x4
    Happier January 2022
    26: Choose one of your strengths and find a way to use it today. Research? Stubbornness?

What I’d rather do than exercise: vacuuming, taxes. Pfaugh.

Lisa relieved to hear you got your originals back promptly. To fax the forms, scan in, then use one of these web services, some are free with advertising logo on coversheet for limited numbers of pages/day. https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-send-or-receive-a-fax-online
    Anna my Zumba materials are also in need of dusting. Thanks for the reminder!
    KJ “January highlight” hard won. Bravissima! Could you add plowing to that list? ;)
    Barbie I love your loving conversations with, and suggestion from, Jake :laugh: “. . .dance only to the music I like best.” This is key for me, to not just doing it, but to learning new dances.
    Beth so many life changing events for you recently, small wonder you feel lost. ((hugs))
    Katla thought of you and Lannette while reading chapter 4 of Machka’s recommended “The Brain’s Way of Healing.” Dr. Noidge reports on the effectiveness of low level laser light therapy in a truly astonishing number of applications. Many different machines and modalities, some even following on meridians used in T’ai Chi and acupuncture.
    Heather thanks for the Bowmore recommendation. Not a big scotch drinker but love the smoky/peaty single malt Laphroaig, even found some orange marmalade containing it at Gold Beach’s Coastal Market ;)
    Annie 90 minutes of exercise? VERY well done!
    Kim working in the yard not just good for your mental health but for your immune system too. Good job.
    Allie fingers X’d for a favorable ultrasound.

Sleepytime tea kicking in so a little short on responses.

Week ago Thursday, Joe had sudden tooth pain, thought a crown jiggled up off the base. DDS couldn’t get in til following Tuesday. Couldn’t find anything wrong with that tooth but found a small cavity on the next, so scheduled filling today. That one turned into two, solving the pain mystery. $608 less 5% discount for payment by check. Trying to be grateful for good dental care and that it wasn’t a crown or a root canal.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    oxr9ph0bf6df.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,274 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Annie - I highly recommend the Easy series of languages on YouTube. I listen to German, Spanish and French. It really helps with understanding and gets the accent in your head. It made a huge difference when I was learning German, which I had been stuck on after several tries in the past. Plus it's fun and introduces you to the culture. It's subtitled in the language and in English.

Negative test. My friend is on the train. She is wearing an FFP2 mask. :) I will be leaving in 20 minutes. It is very nice to get my face on and some jewellery. In the house, and locally, I don't bother.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Machka- lol I keep forgetting that you are 16 hours ahead of me. I hope your day off was wonderfully relaxing! Have a good night!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    BARBARA glad you got good tooth care. sorry about the cost. I have something similar (I think) w dentist tomorrow.

GINNY Glad to read you are well. I figure I might well already have had COVID. so many people have symptomless versions now. I have gotten tested 4 times in 2 years. 2x this month, 1x a year and a half ago, and once several months ago.

Nice morning but didn't get done all I had planned to. but got other stuff done... :|:)

buying food now (almost totally out!)
    home to work, etc.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,954 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    :)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,433 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,072 Member
    Options
    Well I am being lazy and running late but now I can feel the caffeine in my system. I have sunshine and my radio. There's no reason not to get up and exercise!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,594 Member
    Options
    lnatze1xvgbn.jpeg
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,072 Member
    Options
    I did my elliptical, marching and yoga! Yay!

Annie in Delaware