WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    TINA I think sometimes switching off from family can be great. it depends on families situations, and so on. I bet you are in great shape w 1.5 h exercise per day even if it hasn't shown up on the scale. <3

ALLIE I hope you feel better soon. <3

MICHELE you are so active! with w/O bowling, etc. :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    I'd like an endless pool too. If I had loads of money I could convert the garage into an indoor pool. Fabulous! A girl can dream. :p

I love swimming and I'm good at it, but I only do it on holiday or cruises.

DH out for posh pub lunch today. Hooray! It also means I will only make a snack dinner for him tonight and I can have something crazy and slimming, just for me, probably spicy oriental soup.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    Have read some of the other ideas for that imaginary windfall! The endless pool sounds very appealing but it would have to be heated. 😂

Allie: I agree with Machka. Getting tested and isolating is the sensible thing to do, especially with the health problems you have. You need to take care of you, my dear girl.
    Tina: it is frustrating when other people won't listen to reason. Sometimes all you can do is switch off and take care of yourself. Your vacation is an ideal way to do that.
    Heather: It's good to know that you had a great day with your friend, G. And yes! When I talk with others I am frequently grateful for how fortunate I am right now.
    Betsy: Praying that your sister gets the treatment she needs with a positive outcome. (((Hugs)))

Brother-in-law and sister-in-law called in on Monday afternoon to collect the battery for her scooter, which we've been keeping topped up for them. They flew back from the States at the weekend. They had had their PCR test that morning and had already received the negative results. It was great catching up with them and finding out how they got on over the Christmas holidays. My niece (their daughter) has recovered from her bout of Covid over Christmas. No one else in the household got it, thank goodness.

On Tuesday I went to our craft group meeting. It's in quite a large room. There are there were six of us there, and we were all spaced out. It's lovely to be able to chat face-to-face with people.

On Wednesday we went out early did and our usual weekly shopping. No problems with supply this week. All the festive fayre had been cleared, and the shelves were awash with Valentine's Day and Easter goods.

Today I am planning to tackle my overflow wardrobe. It's become a bit of a dumping ground, so determined to root out some clutter. I'm not sure how much of it will be useful for someone else, but I will donate as much of it as I can.

I'm choosing to please myself for the rest of the day.

☘️ Terri
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,427 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    <3Betsy, hugs to you and your sister

:)Allie, today is the day to take care of yourself and let your family and friends take care of themselves.

:)Barbara, it's only the next morning, but my only reaction to the shingles shot is a soreness in my arm which I used as an excuse to take Tylenol at bedtime. We have been planning to do this for a long time but now that I hate going anywhere especially where there will be people and standing in line, it was a big deal to change into a short sleeved shirt and go to town (five miles away).

:) Today is the day I cook the turkey. It will be a great adventure with many great meals as the outcome.

:)Terri, good luck with your wardrobe. I hope it is a satisfying endeavor.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Michele
    I study French and Spanish. I've had both before but I forget so fast!

I'm dreading the scale tomorrow. Another cookie binge last night. I had roasted a chicken, and eaten a leg and that put me over calories. So then I ate more while cleaning the meat off of the chicken, and then since I was already over (terrible logic here!) I got into the cookies. When I let Teddy out at night, he gets a cookie, and it tempts me. Then if he takes his time, I have two more. That is the old pattern, but I can change it!

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    PS - I'd also have a sauna with my endless pool. :D

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Prayers for your sister, Betsy

Tina, hope you can relax and unplug

Nothing new with Mom. She's still being a good girl and doing her ot/pt and wishing she was "home".
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    34wr3o0rxgfx.jpeg
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Allie--I agree take care of yourself first.

The $10,000 I would go to Slumber Land and buy new furiture for my living room. Would not take me long to spend in that place. But then a home pool would be great if I could build it inside a shed with heat. Lots of windows so would not feel boxed in. Have the prefect place in the side yard. Oh to dream.

Betsy--Prayers for your sister.

This weather is crazy. A couple days of cold and now this weekend in the 50's again. No wonder people are ill.

Slow day at work and going to the gym on the way out of work today. third day this week. Tuesday I skipped as the guy to do work in the kitchen was to come and give us an esimate. Second time we set up an appointment and once again he was a no call, no show so I will be looking for someone else. He called after a couple days the first time and said he had been sick with Covid so gave him a pass and rescheduled. But done now.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Just having a quick browse.

I plan to have a relaxing day with no distractions. DH and his pal have gone out birdwatching for the day.

Beginnings

The morning sky is tinged with gold
    towards the rising sun.
    Such beauty makes the spirit soar.
    A new day has begun.

It offers so much promise to
    the open heart and mind.
    Be brave and stride towards it
    and see what you can find.

The peace and quiet fills my soul
    with energy supreme,
    to take the necessary steps
    to realise each dream.

(C) 2022 - Terri Richardson

£10,000 to spend in one hour?

I would buy a hot tub and/or a sauna, depending on prices.

Love and best wishes to all, especially those who are dealing with the vagaries of life

☘️ Terri

Terri- that is amazing- thank you for sharing it.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies
    I have test stuff here ,i will test but honestly i think its just a nasty cold.. no fever or chills, just studf nose and head and sneezing to beat the band..
    I will not shop for Lil that is her family's job..
    I will pick Carmine up from school and come right back home...
    Will do it one more time tomorrow and then park it for the weekend.
    It is super cold out and i dont want Tracy having to bundle Miles up to go pick up Carmine..
    I did go down and get Homer outside to tinkle so thats done too. And I came home and took a nap.. so im resting and and getting fluids
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We are hoping to find a puppy. We were referred to a breeder by our veterinarian’s staff. We are hoping for a telephone call from the breeder today or tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a pleasant visit that might lead to seeing the puppies. Our last dog was a sweet little boy, but he had serious health issues & passed away from cancer.

We miss having a dog in our lives & home. We’re hoping for a healthy puppy, and will enjoy training a new pup.

Katla in NW Oregon

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    B)