WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,105 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's progress that I am still stuffed from last night's cookie binge. I feel like I could skip dinner but then again it's only quarter to two.

Annie in Delaware
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    Carmine home and im back home,took a test and will check in a minute,im sure its negative,but im just relaxing and might take another nap,Dan came down and took my garbage out..his Tablet finally bit the dust and I bought a bigger one a year or so ago that has windows 10 on it.. i am still using my old trusty,and have a newer dell .. that i bought..so im set .. gave him tablet one...
    So far from what i see on the test its negative
    Well im going to rest a bit
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,683 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

walk w/yogi- 1hr 25min 11sec, 33elev, 3.54ap, 92ahr, 122mhr, 5.11mi= 515c
    Strava app = 617c
    Zwift home bike trainer- Strava stats- 33.07min, 131elev, 97aw, 18.2amph, 135ahr, 154mhr, 10.04mi= 293c
    Strava app = 183c
    Zwift stats- 33.09min, 131elev, 86aw, 67arpm, 18.10amph, 10.0mi 183c

Total cal 808
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Hmm. I eat 4oz of boiled skinless boneless chicken breast most every day, and I was counting it as 100 calories. Don't know where I found that, but today it looks closer to 185. Maybe I need to check my numbers as well as my portion sizes.

Annie in Delaware
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    TINA I think sometimes switching off from family can be great. it depends on families situations, and so on. I bet you are in great shape w 1.5 h exercise per day even if it hasn't shown up on the scale. <3

You'd think I'd be in shape, huh? I guess being "in shape" is a personal thing. I sure don't feel or look in shape.

Tina in CA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Good evening all:

Allie-glad your test is negative but I would still keep an eye on it-it seems like when you test can make a difference (test today, negative, test tomorrow positive).

Julie-I've only tested three times since covid began. The first time I was a test dummy for health department staff who were getting ready to start mass testing (I knew I would be negative then, but it was something to do that felt like helping), second time was last June/July when I went to my first out of town 2 day meeting. Got email of exposure at lunch (t was negative) and then after I got back from Phoenix at Christmas I felt poorly-negative. I have three tests on hand.

$10,000? possible add a sun room off my dining room?

Going to go inflate the exercise ball I received. Used one at gym the other day for wall squats and it felt wonderful on my back. Gives me several other exercise options. Who knew at 67 would feel excited about exercise equipment?!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Good evening all:

Allie-glad your test is negative but I would still keep an eye on it-it seems like when you test can make a difference (test today, negative, test tomorrow positive).

Julie-I've only tested three times since covid began. The first time I was a test dummy for health department staff who were getting ready to start mass testing (I knew I would be negative then, but it was something to do that felt like helping), second time was last June/July when I went to my first out of town 2 day meeting. Got email of exposure at lunch (t was negative) and then after I got back from Phoenix at Christmas I felt poorly-negative. I have three tests on hand.

$10,000? possible add a sun room off my dining room?

Going to go inflate the exercise ball I received. Used one at gym the other day for wall squats and it felt wonderful on my back. Gives me several other exercise options. Who knew at 67 would feel excited about exercise equipment?!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

My husband has an exercise ball, but the thing scares me to death! All I see is me sitting on it, and it shooting out and cracking into husbands computer there. 😂😂
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ,thats sounds exactly like something I would do lol
    Honestly i have been staying in and not going anywhere shopping ,only to Tracys and dropping Carmine off..
    Like I said tomorrow ill do my taxi service and then park the go in the lower lot and stay in for the weekend
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    I've always been afraid of the resistance bands snapping off and hurting something. Or the kettlebell swinging out of control. Or dropping a dumbbell on my face. Fear makes me careful.

Annie in Delaware, where the snow is expected tomorrow night.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,145 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Allie ~ I was wondering if there was a school bus Carmine could catch to go back and forth to school...or is it too snowy? My 10 yr old granddaughter rides the bus home alone every afternoon. When I was teaching in a different district my son got himself on the bus every morning when he was in 5th grade. I know around here the busses are plentiful.

Carol in GA

There are school buses here in Tassie, but for reasons I don't understand, it seems most of the parents drive their kids and drop them off. We live near a school and between 8 am and 9 am it's a nightmare out there as parents dash to the school in their cars to drop their kids off. In the afternoons it is a bit better but between about 2:30 and 3:15 they descend on the school like seagulls on chips.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,683 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I eat 4oz of boiled skinless boneless chicken breast most every day, and I was counting it as 100 calories. Don't know where I found that, but today it looks closer to 185. Maybe I need to check my numbers as well as my portion sizes.

Annie in Delaware

Depends on how you are preparing it
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Betsy – (((HUGS)))

Now making cabbage soup mainly because I had a head of cabbage in the refrigerator and I wanted to use it up before it went bad

Barbara – now today have no problem with my feet. Go figure. Last night I did cut my toenails, but somehow I doubt that had anything to do with it. But all’s fine now

Heather – thank you for reminding me that Valentine’s Day is coming up. I need to get some cards for the kids to mail. Usually I had to take them with us, but I won’t have to this year. Update: got them

Allie – please take care. You are #1. Remember...you won’t be any good to anyone else if you get sick, so take care. Do you maybe have some sort of “run” for Homer so that you can tie him outside to go to the bathroom while you stand inside? That’s what Denise does for her dog.

Vince got a call from the vet today. Clyde’s red blood cell count is down and the vet thinks it might be a tumor. Clyde is supposed to go to see the vet for a test. Vince is quite upset. I’m upset but I do feel sorry for him but also feel “he’s a pet, I love him, but at the end of the day, he’s a pet” To Vince, he’s more like a child. I was saying “let’s wait for the test to see exactly what we’re dealing with”. As expected, Vince is preparing for the worse.

Tina – I’m so sorry your trip is canceled. Bummer. Double bummer that dh tested positive

Michele NC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Thanks ladies. Well, it appears our vacation may be cancelled. The Mister tested positive on a home test today. He went to get a PCR, but we won't get results till tomorrow at the earliest. This means our trip is cancelled. He tested negative 3 times, but it seems to have gotten worse last night again. I tested negative, but I suspect that won't last long. We haven't slept in the same room since last weekend because he was already sick with something, but since he tested negative, we didn't really worry too much about being together otherwise. We were already in self quarantine because of the trip, so this really stinks.

At least it takes the pressure of doing 2 weeks worth of work in advance off me. Silver lining.

He's functioning. It's basically a cold for him, so far.

Tina in CA

I'm sorry, Tina. That is very disappointing. I hope the illness is mild and passes quickly.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR