Less Alcohol ~ FEBRUARY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn
    Adorable pictures of your granddaughters!!! Congrats on your new littlest one. Cute name.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    I am in, with my usual goal: 16-20AF days per month. I had 18 last month.

Diary Style is how I roll.

Sunday Feb 06 - AF
    Monday Feb 07 - AF
    Tuesday Feb 08 - AF
    Wednesday Feb 09 - 2 drinks, quite enjoyed them. Planning drinks over the weekend with one of my besties who is moving away on Tuesday. My last weekend with her, and she enjoys having drinks.

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 8 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @lmlmrn

Congratulations!! Wonderful pictures! What a proud looking big sis!
  • luciebrucie
    luciebrucie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    8 days AF, but starting to negotiate with myself.
    So I recognize what I'm doing, and will try to stay true :)
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Good day to everyone!
    Thank you for the congrats on the new addition to our family. HEHE I had so much to do with it after all. I only produced the grown up mom (with a little help). The rest (all) was orchestrated by a power much higher than "mom".

Last night AF, during the week is pretty easy it is the weekends (Friday-Sunday) that I can struggle with. Since this is Superbowl weekend. I am planning what we will do on Sunday. Spoiler alert, we are not big fans of watching sports on TV. So I am trying to decide what meal I will cook (I hold no illusion on getting takeout). Then what movie DH and I will hunker down with. I am leaning towards a Disney flick.

@forestdweller1 my smoker will only do that 'smoke' added foods. It is great to get the flavor in jerky and it will dry it out eventually (15-20 hours). But when I do meats I smoke for about 1-1.5 hours then finish in the oven. But the thought of smoking a pork shoulder or even a roast then slow roasting in the oven....my mouth is watering and I may have to take a trip to the 'chef store' to get a roast or two.

@MissMay I am really getting itchy feet and as the weather here seems to be staying almost mild, the paint pool is seriously wanting to come out and play. I have now two large canvases to repurpose. One I put gesso on and some of it cracked so I will have to take sandpaper and try to do damage control. The over I need to lightly sand and coat. I have been procrastinating on the mirror image of the black and white one. I am almost done and actually can't wait to put them side by side to see if they come close to mirror each other. Most likely they don't :o But that is fine.

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Feb 1-2 - AF
    Feb 3-5 - stuck with 2 drink limit
    Feb 6-9 - AF
    Feb 10 - 11 - 2 drink limit - feeling really good about drinking less and staying in control!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn Congratulations! Lucky you and for sure you'll have many wonderful moments ahead with the little one.

@dawnbgethealthy I hope you can find ways to stay connected with your best friend. I have a childhood best friend in Europe and we just Skype. And we do try to pick a place to travel to and meet up somewhere in the world at least every other year. Hope to see you in June and fingers crossed Covid soon becomes a thing of the past.

No planned drinks for today for me. But I am out of sparkling water and need to stock up.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited February 2022
    Options

Sunday Feb 06 - AF
    Monday Feb 07 - AF
    Tuesday Feb 08 - AF
    Wednesday Feb 09 - 2 drinks, quite enjoyed them. Planning drinks over the weekend with one of my besties who is moving away on Tuesday. My last weekend with her, and she enjoys having drinks.
    Thursday Feb 10 - Drinks. Stayed very late at my friend's after we were both finished work. We are packing up her entire house. We had drinks at the end of the night. It may be the same for the next few days.

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 10 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @globalhiker

Yes, looking forward to your visit!!!
    Hopefully the Covid restrictions make it a little easier by then to travel.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Phew another temptation dodged today. DH came home early and we both were hungry. That is usually the local pub for a beer(s) and food. Well DH was not feeling very good, he has been feeling 'off' for the past three days but no covid symptoms. Anyway he did not want to go inside anywhere and we ended up picking up teriyaki.

so just checking in
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Feb 1-2 - AF
    Feb 3-5 - stuck with 2 drink limit
    Feb 6-9 - AF
    Feb 10 - 12 - 2 drink limit - so far I'm 6 and 6 - and my wine nights are much better than before!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

Sunday Feb 06 - AF
    Monday Feb 07 - AF
    Tuesday Feb 08 - AF
    Thursday Feb 10 - Drinks. Stayed very late at my friend's after we were both finished work. We are packing up her entire house. We had drinks at the end of the night. It may be the same for the next few days.
    Friday Feb 11 - Drinks

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 11 days
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    We're making smoked pulled pork, coleslaw, and macaroni salad for the Superbowl. So delicious. Pork cooks over 12 hours outside using a mix of apple and pecan woods. It makes the neighborhood smell divine outside. We do have to pick up family at the airport at half-time. I'm not stocking up on wine for guests.

Valentines? We're skipping going out because it is REALLY EXPENSIVE around here. The decent restaurants have cut their menus and prices are 25-100% higher. Many just offer a Valentines' only menu starting at a crazy price. Not my thing plus we cook amazing food, usually predictably better than eating out. My love is taking me out for a day hike next weekend and that is my perfect gift.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

Sunday Feb 06 - AF
    Monday Feb 07 - AF
    Tuesday Feb 08 - AF
    Friday Feb 11 - Drinks
    Feb 12 - Drnks. Planned AF for Sunday. planned drinks Monday eve, my friend leaves on Tuesday

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 12 days