• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    Oooooooo
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »

Beth--I don't understand if it is his ear, why they couldn't take care of it while he was in the wheelchair. Some doctors just piss me off.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE where they are calling for up to 10 inches of snow the next couple days. <3

Vicki ... this was our question too, since they took biopsies from his ear while in the wheelchair. I don't think they want to treat a 93 year old man who is deteriorating ... but that's another story.

Beth
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Had lunch with my cousin. Just had water to drink and a salmon sandwich but I had it on a tortilla instead. It had tomato, lettuce and onion on it. For my side I had steamed zucchini and squash. The bad part was that they had this thing on the menu called a "blueberry hush puppy". I'd never heard of that before. Basically, it's a hushpuppy (ie deep fried) but using a blueberry muffin type mix. Oh well......

Michele
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Debbie ~ I am wondering if the garden project has gotten to be too much for your mom! I know you love it, but, it seems like she may have lost heart for it since your Father passed. If so, I hope that she doesn't have to depend on it just for the money it brings in. Please don't take offense. Just a thought on my part.

Allie ~ Fingers crossed that your daughter will be able to find something to do at home. What kind of work does she do for the Vet? I did stay home for 3 mos. after my son was born but without pay. When I came back to my job, the pay was the same but I had been replaced in my position to one I did not like.

Pip ~ Continued wishes for your complete healing.

Got my garbage bill today and it had gone up another $10. $100 in all for 3 mos. And, we forget to put the can out a lot of the time. Everything has gone up and a lot was due to the increase in gas prices.

Carol in GA

Still trying to catch up- Spent two hours in the dentist chair plus I have a cold or allergies- kept having coughing attacks while he was trying to do the filling and fit the crown.
    Great way to start my birthday. If I didn't have my daycare girl today, I would be curled up in bed with a hot cup of tea-just took some cold meds.

Carol. I think mom really wants the garden but is just overwhelmed. There are never ending weeds all around(she has 3 1/2 acres but gardens one acre). She said there are some guys going to come down and help this week. She wants to do everything but is just tires a lot quicker. She has said we are planting a lot less.
    She does the garden just for herself and friends now. It used to be for income until 2 yrs ago when Covid shut the restaurants down- she had 4 -5 that were buying fresh veggies.

Pip- amazing- glad you were able to go home

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Partial slow walk w/family- 19min, 2.01ap, 119ahr, 129mhr, .66mi= 90c
    Strava app = 79c
    Other- 55min, put away laundry clothes, wash and put duvet cover on, fold/put away quilt, help reposition bed, 108ahr, 122mhr= 260c

Total cal 350

Don’t b mad, this is taking it VERY easy for me that is
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip — Your todo list was remarkable. Your “other” list is a bit on the heavier work side. I imagine that Kirby took that on to make things the way you like them. 😊
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    o9y0nxjptnd6.jpg
    Happy birthday to all the birthday ladies this month!!

Today we drove to the mainland, husband needed to go to Office Max for some printing, had lunch at a brewery in Mt Vernon and drove to a Fred Meyers nearby. I found my cavatappi noodles I have wanted to try, and some red ale I like. It was a fun day. I had blackened cod tacos with avocado slices and coleslaw, and a nice raspberry pilzner beer. We walked by the river afterwards. It was in the 50's and sunny! Spent way too much money, but ah well.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :)Annie I made a list of my meds my husband's meds including over the counter meds and keep in my wallet so I can refer to it as needed. My husband keeps a list in his allet in case he goes to the doctor without me. For taking meds at home. I prepared snack size ziplock bags with labels like Mon. Barbie AM and I fill bags regularly so we know whether we have taken our meds.

Of course the doctor should already know what meds the patient has taken, but having a list in my wallet is helpful
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Happy birthday to Machka and Debbie!

Barbie that's a good idea. I'm still getting used to being responsible for her.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely chat with my daughter and granddaughter. They are planning to paint granddaughter’s room. Many possibilities put a smile on my face. It is a combined mom and daughter project. I hope DH will feel good enough to fly to Illinois and spend time with the kids and our daughter. I spent several weeks there and I a couple of years ago. I hope we can both do it later this year. 😊
  • pipcd34
    Options
    3028 steps today
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    x10h0py6o55z.jpeg
    6pqrypdxskgn.png

Friend highly recommended this for my scar. When my tapes fall off then I’ll start using the oil.

YES!!! DH used that after each of his hip replacement surgeries(all four of them)- Mom used it after her shoulder surgery- really helped.

Machka- Happy birthday.

Have to go back to the dentist tomorrow(hopefully, beings they are closed on Thursdays)- crown that they just put on popped off already.

Had won ton soup for dinner and Cold & Flu tea. Hope it calms this cough.

Going to bed early.

Debbie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Ginny - Yes that is what I mean. We have three of them and we are finding over and over that the way the previous payroll system was paying was not setup correctly and there are years and years of errors that were mostly to the employees benefits. As we’ve been trying to get the new system working properly we are reading the agreements closer and it has ended up in some lower payments for the staff. This keeps opening up grievances, so as soon as we have what we interpret the agreement to read is not how the unions interpret it so we have to change something else.

Heather - I’m happy you were able to find him.

Annie - Has the doctor offered any advice as to where to get some help in understanding dementia and what needs to happen for your Mom’s safety? It’s a very difficult thing to have to go through. Hugs to you. We took our Moms meds away very early on because she could have overdosed herself easily. I don’t know if I would trust her crossing off. She may question the crosses and take again anyway.
    We were told when Moms doctor asked for a list that just because he prescribes it doesn’t mean that is all she is taking or if the prescription was filled. Also, sometimes patients don’t stop something when they are supposed to. That happened to my Dad. When he started getting very sick he and Mom hadn’t understood when the doctor told him to stop his blood pressure meds. We found out when he collapsed from low blood pressure.

Debbie - a terrible way to spend a birthday. Hope it was nice in spite of it.

Machka - Happy Birthday

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3