WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    DH is having a tough time. He needs to talk with his Doctor. He’s hoping to have a telephone visit today.

Good thoughts for you and your hubby
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Tina - My sympathy. I had a goal of losing 7 lbs for the cruise, and now that's evaporated! I am going to keep to my plan and hope not to sabotage myself. I still have a cruise in June and the same clothes to fit in to. I did drown my sorrows this evening and shared a bottle of red wine with DH. I am still in plan as I didn’t have rice, or dessert. Or cheese. Or chocolate.
    I probably won't keep it as strictly, but I'm in the groove, and so will continue. Definitely don't want to gain it all back! :noway:
    DH and I only watch a few things together. I go upstairs to the bedroom for some of the things I like, and he goes into his room for sports. We only watch mutual interest things together. That is negotiated beforehand. It has to be a joint choice for a joint space.
    No reason why we have to like the same things. We are different people. Respect is important. We also both keep the sound down so as not to annoy each other. Basic courtesy.

I'm feeling a bit better about cancelling. We were rung this evening by Saga, trying to get us to rebook for a repeat cruise in September. Not happening. We will choose something for next year when we get the brochure. I'm pleased to have the money back to do that.

Ordered a Waitrose delivery for tomorrow. We were running down supplies, so had hardly anything in the freezers.
    Cleaning day reinstated. Lunch with G next week. Birthday tea with Bea. Spoke to my brother for the first time in ages. Talked to L. Could be worse!

The mind f..k is the worst thing. I was already on the cruise. Making lists etc.
    DH was due his pre-cruise haircut today, but I did it anyway. Looks good.

Tomorrow is another day.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Katla--Thanks for the info on Alondrate Sodium 70mg. I will be sure and talk to my doctor about it. Pray your husband is feeling better.

Well the snow started shortly after I got to work, not sure how much we are to get as heard reports up to 10 inches. Good thing is this late in the year it will not last long. And we need the moisture.

Barbie--I agree doctor should know what meds we take, but they always want to go the list with me, so I try and keep an updated one. Reminds me I need to update with the 2 new ones he added last week.

Debbie--Hope you feel better soon and get that crown fixed right.

Heather--Sorry to hear your trip being cancelled. I know how much you were looking forward to the trip. Prayers that the Iceland trip in June goes without any problems.

Rita--Sorry to hear your son is not doing well. Vent here all you want we are here for you. <3

Tina--Hugs

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE where if I didn't know better I would think it is starting to look like Christmas outside. <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Rita ... continued prayers for you and your son ... hugs

Pip ... glad you're easing yourself into activity. You know yourself best.

Heather ... sorry you had to cancel your cruise ... I know what you mean about upsetting your mental plans ... do I sense relief as well as disappointment on your part though?

Tina ... I hate to watch television with my husband and I can't really tell you why. I'm not really a tv-watcher anymore and even when it's something we both are interested in, I get restless and end up going to bed.

Beth near Buffalo

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Beth - correct. :D it was a HUGE amount of money, which we delayed paying twice. Good to have it for another day. We have Greenland in our sights.

Rita - My heart goes out to you. <3

Katla - Hoping your DH regains his equilibrium. HUGS. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    The only thing I can compare it to is in 1994, when I went to a travel agent to book an immediate trip to Dublin. I was mentally all set to go the following week. Happily researching places to visit, eat, etc. My head was all Irish. I even learnt a bit of Gaelic! Already pacing the sidewalks in my mind. In the steps of James Joyce.
    Then the travel agent rang up and said she had failed to find me a hotel, as it was Horse Fair week. Would I mind changing the booking to Barcelona? WTF?!!!
    I went to Barcelona (by myself) and loved it. But my mind was doing cartwheels for a bit!

All will be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Kkkkkkk
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DH is not doing well & he is expecting to get a phone conference call with the doctor. Keeping my fingers crossed that this happens today.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Short walk around parking lot- 11.53min, 102ahr, 119mhr, .33mi= 72c
    Strava app = 39c
    Short walk- 17.50min, 1.13ap, 104ahr, 113mhr, .64mi= 64c
    Strava app = 76c

.97mi total

Total cal 136
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Katla hope your DH feels better soon.

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    KATLA ~ Would it be possible for your husband to make an in person appearance with the dr. Here, we have had little problems visiting different dr's. All expect everyone to wear a mask and make sure you have not had covid or been exposed to anyone with it as far as you know.

Carol in GA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Beth-I am the same way. I don't know why I don't like to watch it completely. I know that I get uncomfortable sitting for long periods of time with all my injuries that still plague me, but I've been this way for a while. I am rarely entertained by what's on TV these days. What I usually end up doing is reading or listening to podcasts, which is much preferred. However, he starts the TV at 6:30-7:00 and if I start reading that early, I'll be asleep by 8 or 8:30 and that's not good.

What I should do is learn Spanish. We are going to another Spanish speaking country soon. Yes. That's what I'll do.

Allie-So sorry about Carmine. What a difficult situation for all of you. It does sound like there is more going on in Carmine's mind that just typical teenage stuff. I hope help comes soon.

Tina in CA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Allie – sending good thoughts

Pip – you are good at judging what you are up for! You are so fit, your easy might be someone else’s hard!

Heather – I read your note about the other cruise being turned around because of a mild covid on board and the port not letting the ship dock, and all I could think was thank goodness that Saga cancelled instead of getting you all on board and then not being able to stop in the places you most wanted. This way is a bummer but you got all your money back, to use on another trip at a more stable time.

California has loosened up most of the mask wearing requirements, but mine is still on in public. I am slow to convert and have been teased about it… sigh. But on my street there is a family of 4 all dealing with break-through they think Mom and Dad brought it home from an indoor concert, with no vaccine requirements and they didn’t wear masks. They have been lax about wearing masks and this is not the first time one or more of them have add Covid.

Katla – I would try to get hubby in for an in person appointment, if the doctor will allow it. I am sure that it is a bit of a drive, and DH may not want to go, but in person is always better than video.

Thinking of you all, and hoping for a happy healthy day
    Smiles Kim in N. California

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Rita - sending hugs

Heather - so sorry your cruise plans fell through.

Pet sitter came this morning to review schedule for the dog. I am leaving tomorrow morning for San Diego. Will be at my son's for 5 days. DD is at home but has to work so pet sitter will come over to let dog out and play with her a couple of times during the day.

Believe in your capacity to change, Sue in WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    The cruise wasn't cancelled. For some reason, which I haven't been able to confirm, they said Italy had closed the ports, due to covid fears. No trace so far online. I’ve looked. They offered 4 alternative ports, all in Spain or the Balearics, which are not of interest to us. Been there, done that.
    If I was in a cheap cabin, and was going for the ride and the company, fair enough, but I really did want to visit the Italian destinations, all new to me and bucket list places. I was learning Italian. We had the alternative of cancelling, so we did.
    I'm feeling OK because I now have the money for one more cruise next year.
    I've emailed them asking for a better explanation of the changes. Don't suppose I'll get one. ;):*
    They said we were the first ones to cancel. :o
    Happy with the decision, but still discombobulated.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did HIIT today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jeanette Jenkins Bikini Body Camp DVD.

M – happy birthday

Heather – I’m so sorry that you had to cancel your trip.

Rita – (((HUG))))

Tina – a while ago I resigned myself to the fact that I will probably never get to the weight I’d like to get down to, and since then I’ve been happy with my body. Just eat healthy and exercise. Sorry you went thru that with your hubby

katla – prayers for your hubby

Allie – (((BIG HUG)))

After exercise came home, got laundry ready, watched the launch, then put the laundry in. I’ll probably wash the comforters Monday and I can do the rest of the whites then. Went down to the pool then my neighbor and I went to the new Chipotle here. Her hubby is like Vince – meat and potatoes and she’s like me – likes to try different things.

Supposed to go pick up the bisq tomorrow. I’m a bit disappointed that it’s taken so long. We went there shortly after we got here and it needed to be fired into bisq, and it’s just now that it’s been done. I called her earlier today to say “how’s it going because we’ll be leaving soon”. While I was at the pool she called to say it just came out of the kiln. Why did it take so long? Maybe she’ll say something tomorrow.

One week from today we go home….<cry>

Michele
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Allie so sorry to hear about Carmine's issues. They are definitely lashing out. I would take them to their primary doctor, and they can have a chat. Its completely confidential, nothing gets out of the room, and they can work together to make a plan. Carmine feels out if the family unit. Like they replaced them with the baby. Its hard to guesstimate but I sense that might be the problem. Teenagers love to "shock talk" and saying they want to leave, or they were manhandled is Attention Getting 101 textbook right there. Carmine wants attention like they matter, even if its negative, it doesn't matter.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3Rita <3<3

<3Allie poor Carmine. I hope they get help

:)Pip sounds like you are taking a balanced approach to your recovery

:'(Heather sorry you had to cancel your cruise. It reminded me of a trip we had to cancel some years ago to places we had never been and how sad we were

TV I watch a lot of TV while riding my exercise bike and knitting. Sometimes I watch with my husband and sometimes we watch separately. We have cordless headphones for both TV sets so it works well

<3 Barbie in NW WA