WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    (((Annie in Delaware))) — Stop by here to give and get friendship and support. 🌼 🌺 🌸
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl! Of course I remember you. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    z9w4x5w9tpap.jpeg
    xql926uvkkbp.jpeg
    srj3wevjgqhd.jpeg

For some reason, I cannot upload pictures from my phone. Works on my iPad though.

RVRita

I couldn’t upload a picture on my phone the other night either.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,950 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Debbie ~ I am wondering if the garden project has gotten to be too much for your mom! I know you love it, but, it seems like she may have lost heart for it since your Father passed. If so, I hope that she doesn't have to depend on it just for the money it brings in. Please don't take offense. Just a thought on my part.

Allie ~ Fingers crossed that your daughter will be able to find something to do at home. What kind of work does she do for the Vet? I did stay home for 3 mos. after my son was born but without pay. When I came back to my job, the pay was the same but I had been replaced in my position to one I did not like.

Pip ~ Continued wishes for your complete healing.

Got my garbage bill today and it had gone up another $10. $100 in all for 3 mos. And, we forget to put the can out a lot of the time. Everything has gone up and a lot was due to the increase in gas prices.

Carol in GA

Still trying to catch up- Spent two hours in the dentist chair plus I have a cold or allergies- kept having coughing attacks while he was trying to do the filling and fit the crown.
    Great way to start my birthday. If I didn't have my daycare girl today, I would be curled up in bed with a hot cup of tea-just took some cold meds.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

My dental office wouldn't have allowed you in the door!! You would have needed to produce a very recent negative COVID test result.

Sorry that you had to start your birthday that way.

I hope you had a good day besides that. :heart:

They check temps when you get there and mine was fine- started getting a bit of a tickle then a dry cough but happened a few more times. I felt a little stopped up but that is normal first thing in the morning(I had to be there earlier than I usually even get up).
    That night, the crown popped off and I had to go back the next morning to have it put back on. Temp check again and it was still ok. I had taken a long hot shower right before going so felt pretty good there but that didn't last long but was able to make it through the day.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    The emergency number here is 911. Yesterday I went to the fire-med office to pay my fire-med fees and the woman in charge called the paramedics while I was there. I got to my house minutes before they arrived.

This morning DH is sleeping. He will call his doctor when he wakes up. DH isn’t doing very well and I am very worried about him.

My heart goes out to you
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,950 Member
    Options
    Watching TV(I know, I am a little late to the conversation- trying to catch up)
    DH watches tv from the moment he gets up(on his days off) until he goes to sleep at nigh. There is a tv in almost every room. Doesn't have one in the bathrooms but he takes his phone with him when he goes in there and is in there at least half an hour. He even has one out in the garage to watch/listen to when he is working out in the garage or outside. His favorite shows are the ones I really dislike- the worst to me is Walking Dead. Can't stand even the sound of that show. My favorite is Survivor and he doesn't care for that. I can only think of two shows that if I have them on(or he has on in the bedroom) that we will both watch, and it doesn't happen very often- The Waltons- he watches it every night, I will put it on once in a while if there is nothing else on and surprisingly- 90 Day Fiance- he kind of watches that.
    I would say with the exception of sleeping in the same bed(and only sleeping- his choice), we do not spend more than ten minutes together while we are at home.

He turns a tv on as soon as he enters the room, I can go all day(like today) and enjoy the quiet of having it off. Especially today when I have the whole house to myself. He is gone until late tomorrow night.

Debbie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Katla- my friend I would have them come and take him to the hospital if I were in your shoes.. grey is not a good color not enough oxygen.
    Please dont let this go on to long ....
    Pip- im so very sorry your in such pain wish i could take some of it away for you.. would a heating pad and or ice help?
    Ive found that if i get up and do a little at a time i can get more things done..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Katla hugs for you and your DH. Don't hesitate to get help! Monday might not be soon enough.

Pip hope you feel better soon!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,112 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Mostly skim reading, but one or two comments.

Katla: Grey does not sound good. Hope DH gets the help he needs soonest! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Annie: Eldercare is certainly open ended. (((Hugs)))

Pip: I hope you can get some relief from the pain.

I’ve had such a busy 10 days. So much time spent organising for returning groups, even though we are limiting the numbers in each one.

Tomorrow we are collecting DGS and taking him up to daughter’s. Younger daughter is also going, but in her own car.

Much love to all.

Off to bed. Catch up with y’all in the morning.

☘️ Terri
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Today's been okay. Eldest Son came down and after spending a couple hours with me talking about my mother, who drives him nuts for the same reasons she drives me nuts, he asked if he could move back in sooner than September. Like, next week? We're fine with it. He's a good roommate. He will find a job easier here and be able to save.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Katla- my friend I would have them come and take him to the hospital if I were in your shoes.. grey is not a good color not enough oxygen.
    Please dont let this go on to long ....
    Pip- im so very sorry your in such pain wish i could take some of it away for you.. would a heating pad and or ice help?
    Ive found that if i get up and do a little at a time i can get more things done..

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot I had a heating pad, I will try that tonight!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Heather – thanks for sharing your transformation. Awesome!

Heather – I, too, like to prep dinner early then see where I am calorie-wise.

Speaking of calories – we went to “early” dinner at Dixie Crossroads. This is a famous seafood restaurant. Had rock shrimp, sweet potato, and steamed veges (broccoli and carrots). Did have a few of their hush puppies and then key lime pie for dessert. Well, we haven’t been to this place for about 5 years. Brought back lots of good memories

katla – (((HUG)))

Cheryl – welcome back!!!! Missed you.

Rebecca – LOL the smell. I saw a post on facebook where there was a picture of a gas price sign. Next to “regular” was the price LOL. Next to premium was “OMG”. Next to diesel was “WTF” Those were the prices. Too true, sadly

Before we left for Dixie Crossroads one of the ladies called to ask if I wanted to play cards at 7 tonight. That’ll give the guys time alone.

Anne DE and all others taking care of someone else – my admiration to you all.

Tracey – so sad, but we’ve found that if you ever need to go to the hospital (even if you can be driven), go in an ambulance. One time I drove Vince, it really wasn’t all that serious, but we wound up waiting for many hours before he was seen. Everyone who came in an ambulance got priority.

Pip – I know how hard it is when you are normally active (believe me I know only too well), but please take it easy. Let your body heal. Take Allie’s advice – do a little, rest, a little more, rest.

After leaving Dixie Crossroads Vince wanted to show Steve this one place where DC gets a lot of its fish from (I think it’s also a restaurant) and he was pulled over for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. No ticket tho.

Michele
    who better get ready to go for the cards.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    I'm having a moody day. The dating site OKC is not working for me these days. Partly because I live in a dating desert and partly because I changed my profile to be more straightforward and less flirty. But on the other hand I'm now dispensing my mother's medicine and cooking, so I can't go out much anyway. A snowstorm blew through and the wind continues, so maybe the fronts are messing with me as well. But nothing is really wrong, no police and no hospitals, just moodiness.

One of the problems with eldercare is that the future generally looks grim. I wonder how long this stage of my life will last and what I will do afterwards. It could well be another ten years, and I would be seventy. Writing a book just isn't working for me these days.

Well, enough of my minor troubles. Hope you are all well and cozy.

Annie in Delaware

Perhaps consider a part-time job or volunteering or taking a course at a local college.

It seems like you don't need to be with your parents 24/7 so maybe getting out of the house to do something for you might be beneficial.

Several people asked if I would give up doing my Master's degree when my husband had the accident, and for a little bit I considered it, but then I decided to continue because I wanted to have a piece of my life that was mine. I don't regret doing that!

Plus getting out of the house and doing something gives you a chance to meet people and talk to people who aren't your parents. That's one of the things I like about work ... I can have different conversations with people other than my husband. It helps keep my brain active and learning.

Machka in Oz