WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Did a half hour pilates DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Biggest Loser Calorie Killer DVD

The guys went to Waffle House this morning (one of their traditions) while I started to clean. Took down two of the valances so I can wash them. I’ll take down the one in the room Steve is staying in tomorrow

Is it cold here today! For Florida! I put on a heavy sweatshirt to go get the newspaper, but I now have on a short sleeved shirt and pants. This is one of the shirts I bought the other day. I’m not real crazy about it, but the store had 50% off. For $1.50 if I find I really don’t like it, I can just redonate it

Lisa – so happy for you and your daughter. Walk sounds fantastic!

Working on a loom knit baby hat. Hope I have enough wool.

Michele
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Wessecg — I love the photo of your charming dog, a terrific combination of black curly coat and sweet face. You are likely to see our sweet old Keeshond as my photo. Schooner passed away last fall from cancer. We’re hoping to get a new medium sized poodle later this summer. Puppies are not born yet. We like the gray mom. 🐩
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc, dusting, vacuum, wash throw rugs, 2hrs 3min 48sec, etc= 545c
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    'luvin me some Eddie Van Howlen. What a charmer! :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) Cheryl. I love your new dog and his clever name. Now we have only one poodle and a rescue mixed breed dog
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    That fur looks so soft and luscious!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ll
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    6l5sbr7rdepe.png
    c6p1y2h8ogm3.png
    awos9l67ykj4.png
    Eldest son and I video chatted yesterday for 1 hour, 17 minutes.💖👍. He gave us a tour of his new place, gosh I love that kid! In three days he has bedroom, living room, garage, and bathroom all organized, and has one scooter already passed DMV inspection. He has learned from us. The moving company will come pick up the packing material, and boxes. He still has official moving leave he hasn't taken yet! Lol! He said he'll start that on Friday. It was a great time.

Today we started watching a new sumo wrestling tournament (sadly without son) its not the same, but we yelled and carried on for our favorites.💖

Made some taco meat with onions, and Kraft mac & cheese using the cavatappi noodles instead of the ones in the package. It was delightful l
    Hugs ladies!
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka - My idea of a break is a nice hotel, gorgeous architecture, galleries and museums, and attractive restaurants. 😍 Plus I don't go any distance in our car any more. DH does not like trains much. Or aeroplanes. I'm sure we can think of something. I'm looking forward to Iceland right now.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

:)

That makes for an interesting question ...

What is your idea of a break or great holiday?

Mine would be this:
    - quiet cabin in rural or semi-rural location
    - comfy beds, fireplace, porch with chairs for sitting outside and relaxing
    - great roads for cycling - sealed, quiet, relatively flat
    - a good hike or two nearby
    - a stack of books and my cameras
    - a nearby town with a good restaurant/pub or two (for meals, not for alcohol)
    - a nearby tourist attraction or two for rest days or those days with less-than-ideal weather ... maybe a cruise around a lake, a trip on an old train, a wildlife park, a museum or gallery, or a collection of interesting shops.

Machka in Oz

Funny ... this popped up in my FB Memories today. If it's got the stuff I mentioned above ... or even without the restaurants and tourist attractions, I'd do it!! :)

3nln42rrfmng.png

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,809 Member
    Options
    Carla - I just bought another Big Shot. I had sold mine a few years ago, but have decided I miss making cards.

Cheryl - love your dogs name. He’s a cutie.

I have worked on a stocking most of the day. I think I have another old hobby going to come back this summer, I may do plastic canvas Barbie furniture for our Granddaughter for Christmas.

I have so much I want to do!

Tracey in Edmonton
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DH will be going to his doctor on Tuesday. I know DH has health challenges and we need to listen and discuss how to make his life better and easier. I hope he will be able to live at home and avoid hospitals.

• pipcd34
    Options
    X
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO, CI<250<CO.
    Bonus: one load laundry, 61 mins burn pile, Just one thing: bupkes
    Workin’ on it: 143.1, H20x4, active
    Mindful March
    14: Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do. How war refugees would love to “have” to clean house or wash clothes.

‘nother low step count day, CI<CO saved by hours of laundry and burn pile.
    Lisa thought of Levi when Shadow and Tumble both demanded “Stick!” from Joe. Wanted to snap a pic but every time I pulled out the phone, they thought I was pulling out a treat and forgot their sticks to come running.
    Heather just looking at that cake makes every filling in my mouth sing!
    Cheryl gotta love that Eddie van Howlen ;)
    Katla glad to hear your adult children and DH’s sister are in the loop. You need all the support you can get. Prayers and ((hugs)).
    Machka and Tracey, We’re blessed to live in a little cabin in the forested hills above the sea. Get to read and enjoy the silence of our remote haven, while relishing all the mod cons. If I could take a “break” from this idyllic existence, it would be to travel and dine out again. Hoping to do both in September, to the dog show with C. ;)

Enough with using disrupted morning routines as an excuse. Tomorrow focus focus focus on getting readings and activity in before shower and Dr. appointment. If needs must, Tumble and Shadow can skip play training for a day.

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif