July 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    @marisap2010 Sorry to hear your friend may be backing out of wineglass. You're doing great getting yourself prepped.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Sorry to hear your mom had to settle for a skilled nursing facility. It is good your sister is available to be with her regularly. BTW, 8 miles definitely counts as a long run. I think a long run is largely decided by how it stacks up relative to what you do during the week.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I'm glad your mom seems to be doing okay and I hate it when I hear that insurance is making decisions that doctor's should be making. Glad you found a facility that allows someone to stay with her all the time. That has to make it a little bit better on her and you, even though I know it is hard on your sister. You know you are a long distance running when you use the work "just" to describe an 8 mile run! You are doing great.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls - great running once again! How are you coming on the run around the earth miles? I will be adding that quote to my 'quote collection'. I think it is awesome!
    @marisap2010 - I hope your friend decides to go to Wineglass even if just to cheer you on!
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I didn't post yesterday, but I did run a mile for the streak. Today I didn't get up as early as I needed to so I just ran 8 miles. It's just been so hot. But I did finish out the month with 116 miles so I did reach my goal.
    @kgirlhart - did you imagine before that you would ever say 'just 8 miles'. No where else could we get away with saying that other than in a running group! 😁
    I hate our medical system that would deny your mom proper rehab for her hip. They wonder why people often don't thrive after injuries like that when they are otherwise healthy and should. Thankfully she has you all to be there for her and help her navigate and get taken care of properly.

On to August!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options